Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So who is going to Supercar Sunday tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:56 AM
MR_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the problem with a canyon run afterwards, is that CHP will be all over the place. If your car doesn't have a front plate, tints, something stupid like that you will get pulled over. Also there will be a lot of bike (bicycle and motorcycle) traffic. So if you guys want to go in the canyons, we just need to take it easy. We can have lunch at Neptunes afterwards. What you think Steve?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 AM
UHATEIT

1. mr x
2. dirtyz
3. UHATEIT

I'm in, I'll stay in town this weekend, sounds like this should be fun!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 AM
NeverLift

1. mr x
2. dirtyz
3. UHATEIT
4. NeverLift

Sounds good to me Rick.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 AM
MR_X

Do we want to just meet there or some where near there and get there as a gorup there?

I rather meet somewhere near there and arrive together. Kyle you are from there, where should we meet at? The "event" starts at 7am.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:10 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seven in the morning.....are you serious??

damn my350z...the amount of sleep i've sacrificed for this place...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:12 AM
UHATEIT

There is a mcdonalds right there off the freeway where this event should be at. It is in the Ralph's parking lot, there is also an Island's restaurant there as well. We can meet anywhere in the large parking lot, most likely at the McDonalds which is in the corner of the parking lot.

So Rick... you going to buy that 911Turbo? Get it and then roll to the meet in that! You won't want to hang with us tho... you'll have an authentic supercar then!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:19 AM
MR_X

Can't go today to look at it. I'm also going to wait. I really should get one with lower miles. The wife still pushing the issue to get a 997TT instead. So I'm a bit overwhelmed about it right now.

so let say 7 am at the McD there.

EDIT: Oh yeah if I get a Porsche, I will still hang out with you guys. The Porsche crowd is a bit older group of people.

Last edited by MR_X; 05-22-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by MR_X
Can't go today to look at it. I'm also going to wait. I really should get one with lower miles. The wife still pushing the issue to get a 997TT instead. So I'm a bit overwhelmed about it right now.

so let say 7 am at the McD there.

EDIT: Oh yeah if I get a Porsche, I will still hang out with you guys. The Porsche crowd is a bit older group of people.

I wish my wife would "PUSH" for me to get a sweet *** porsche! She would prefer me to save my money, but damn that must be nice to have a wife who likes fast cars!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:18 AM
MR_X

Well she knows how long I have been saving for this car and she understands. I also made it clear what that $ is for. The cool thing is that next year when I re-enlist for another 6 years I get a $45k bonus .
Old 05-22-2007, 12:50 PM
elyliu

here's some more pictures from the supercar sunday from last month....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elyliu/...7600158734632/

also check out the canyon run pictures from the same day... http://www.flickr.com/photos/elyliu/...7600158758444/
...there's some supercars in those pictures as well (namely bugatti, mc12, enzo, slr, 2 carrera gt, phantom, and some lambos)....
Old 05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
UHATEIT

DAAAAAAMN nice pics!!!!

I would LOVE to see a Noble in person! Thats a rare hardcore supercar right there! This should be a sweet meet! Hopefully there will be a lot of cars that show up for this weekend's meet!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You only need to get there at 7 if you wish to have really good parking on a crowded weekend. Otherwise arriving a good deal later is fine.

Cops on sundays really isn't that bad. You do have to pick your spots though and tone it down especially on mulholland.

I've gone on a few ferrari and lambo drives and they really don't do canyons, but rather find a straight road and just cruise.

Oh and what 991TT are you considering. If it's a 996TT, I'd take a new or used 997S over that or perhaps a 996GT3. If you're thinking about a 997TT, you can pretty much buy whatever you want, but I would rather have a 997GT3. For around 140-150K though, you should consider a used gallardo or 360.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:15 PM
elyliu

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
DAAAAAAMN nice pics!!!!

I would LOVE to see a Noble in person! Thats a rare hardcore supercar right there! This should be a sweet meet! Hopefully there will be a lot of cars that show up for this weekend's meet!
The Noble actually passed me on the freeway on the way to supercar sunday. It sounded pretty nice.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by elyliu
The Noble actually passed me on the freeway on the way to supercar sunday. It sounded pretty nice.
I saw footage of the Noble on the Gumball Rally and that thing is a BEAST! Hope to see that at the meet for sure!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 PM
scsz

Don't know if I can make this Sunday. Stopped by for a little bit this past weekend. Video is up here, http://www.socalspeedzone.com/pages/supercarsunday.html, and in HD here, http://www.socalspeedzone.com/HD/scs052007HD.html

Nobles are hot cars. The black Noble I think is new to the area. There is also a blue one that has been showing up for some time.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM
MR_X

Originally Posted by Sensi09
You only need to get there at 7 if you wish to have really good parking on a crowded weekend. Otherwise arriving a good deal later is fine.

Cops on sundays really isn't that bad. You do have to pick your spots though and tone it down especially on mulholland.

I've gone on a few ferrari and lambo drives and they really don't do canyons, but rather find a straight road and just cruise.

Oh and what 991TT are you considering. If it's a 996TT, I'd take a new or used 997S over that or perhaps a 996GT3. If you're thinking about a 997TT, you can pretty much buy whatever you want, but I would rather have a 997GT3. For around 140-150K though, you should consider a used gallardo or 360.
I go through the Malibu canyons every other Sunday and they are always there. Last time I went, there were 4 CHP in Stunt Rd alone, 2 driving up and down and 2 sitting on the side of the road.

Well not a fan of the 996 narrow bodies. the headlights don't look good on them. I was reading one of my Porsche mags and in the cover there is a 997S with GT3 aero package and it looks good. Right now I have enough $ to buy a early 996TT and don't worry about financing. If I wait till feb, I can get some thing in the $90 since I get my re-enlistment bonus. But with that much cash, some one told me to get into real state. So I'm thinking about my options right now and I want to make sure what to do. I'm also coming up in retirement in 7 years. So I have a lot of thing to think about when it comes to this kind of thing. The more I talk about it, the more I think I should just put it away and invest it instead of buying a car with it. So I'm a bit overwhelmed about it and the wife is getting annoyed because of me asking about different options about it. She really wants me to buy a house, but I move in a average every 2-3 years.

BTW I will never buy a Lambo or a Ferrari, I like them but not enough to own one.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by MR_X
BTW I will never buy a Lambo or a Ferrari, I like them but not enough to own one.
and why is that! hmmmm
Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

it's not just the initial purchase cost... the maintenance and repair of cars like that are ridiculous.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 AM
MR_X

Like Dirty said, is nut just about being able to afford the car, but the maint. on it too. Porsche are the laest expensive of them and I think the most pure.

Really, thinking about investing now. Being talking to pople about it and I think it will be the smartest thing to do.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

it would... invest 46k wisely and by the time your kids are old enough for college, you'll have a tidy little sum for tuition + room + board, plus probably enough for you and the wifey to play with once you ship them off

Quick Reply: So who is going to Supercar Sunday tomorrow?