Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

New MEET 1st Thursday Every Month So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 AM
RedondoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll go if I know that it's happenning??
Old 12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
spider310

yea whats happening here?
Old 12-03-2007, 06:32 PM
damineg35

Bump for this thursday

Originally Posted by damineg35
http://www.rickyandronnies.com/contactus.htm

I was able to set this up for every first Thursday of the month at Ricky and Ronnies CRUISE IN DINER. YEs the name is so that car clubs will come.

This is a diner specifically built for car club meets and they have a different meet there just about every night of the week.

NO COP problems. Private parking. Food available. Safe Driveways no speed bumps. NO COST just us for fun.

Normal rules apply. Please no youtube videos.

730 to 10. the restraunt closes at 9.

please pass this on to the Z's, G's M's FX's and the RX8s

let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
THE TECH

We already have the Long Beach established meet going on this Thursday. Like it was mentioned above, this meet was tried and really faded fast. There are already other meets that are in the same area. Not sure why everyone wants to constantly start new meets when there are ones already happening. Why not just come out to Autobacs and Long Beach???
Old 12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
OH6 G35

Originally Posted by THE TECH
We already have the Long Beach established meet going on this Thursday. Like it was mentioned above, this meet was tried and really faded fast. There are already other meets that are in the same area. Not sure why everyone wants to constantly start new meets when there are ones already happening. Why not just come out to Autobacs and Long Beach???
Haven't been to Autobacs...or the Long Beach Meet.
I'm sure they are really "great" events but Ricky and Ronnies is a
real good venue for this type of gathering. Plus, it close for many of
us in the So. Bay area. What's wrong with adding one more event?
...not trying to rain on anyone's parade!
I'm going early for some good eats!!

Last edited by OH6 G35; 12-03-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
spider310

Originally Posted by OH6 G35
+1
Old 12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
THE TECH

Why not come out to our meet then?? Nothing is more Z friendly than Super Autobacs.

You must live in the area and that's why this meet is good for you. Everyone wants a meet near their house, but that's just not reality. Long Beach is pretty close to the South Bay anyway (on the border really).

I began the Long Beach meet and I live over 30 minutes (with no traffic) from there.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
OH6 G35

Why not come out to our meet then?? Nothing is more Z friendly than Super Autobacs.

You must live in the area and that's why this meet is good for you. Everyone wants a meet near their house, but that's just not reality. Long Beach is pretty close to the South Bay anyway (on the border really).

I began the Long Beach meet and I live over 30 minutes (with no traffic) from there.
Ricky and Ronnie's is easier for some of us, like me (5 minutes).
I would like to venture down and visit with you people, down at Autobacs and Long Beach...one of these day though. I'll mention it to the guys on Thursday. See if anyone else is interested.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:57 AM
THE TECH

Ricky and Ronnie's is easier for some of us, like me (5 minutes).
I would like to venture down and visit with you people, down at Autobacs and Long Beach...one of these day though. I'll mention it to the guys on Thursday. See if anyone else is interested.
Like I said, everyone wants it easy, that's why there are people wanting to start their own meets right and left.

Have a good meet.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:49 AM
OH6 G35

Like I said, everyone wants it easy, that's why there are people wanting to start their own meets right and left.

Have a good meet.
I was taught...Do less, get more!
You know, it's all about the good times, meeting up with people and exchanging ideas.
Oh, and I almost forgot...the Cars!

Hope you guys have another great meet too!

...and I hope to one day, be bringing some our group out to one of your future meets.
Maybe we can change the day of our meet to Tuesday or Wednesday nights (Gabe) ??
We'll see...

Everyone take care....and most importantly...have a good time.

Last edited by OH6 G35; 12-05-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 AM
damineg35

Hey guys,

Just wanted to clear a few things up and remind everyone that we are all here for fun and to enjoy our passion for cars. These post are invitations and if someone does not want to come or has somewhere else they would rather go then that's great.

This has nothing to do with being easy for anyone. This is simply the best spot to have a meet and came about because of the fact that we were closed down from the LAX meet and many of us and when I say us I am including several Z friends who wanted a location that was protected with no hassels and made for cars. That is what we have here. An exclusive, hassle free, food serving, big screen TV area just for us.

People drove from West LA and Orange county to come to this meet and will do so again thursday because of the great location. I understand that your Long beach meet is back and I think that's great. But I have changed and rescheduled and tried to not mess with so many other peoples meets and everyones feelings that I just cannot accomidate everybody, so we now just have a reserved slot and we are going to keep it for the first thursday of every month.

This meet will go on and is being advertised and promoted in many ways (my profession) and we have plans to turn it into an event that we all look forward to every month with sponsors and many surprises to come.

Also, this is not just another meet started for the heck of it, it is actually a combination of 2 other meets so that we don't have so many meets happening all over the place.

Please understand that I mean no disrespect here and I hope that you understand that I am just trying to explain things based on previous comments.

So in the end I hope everyone has a safe and fun time at whichever meet they choose to attend.

Last edited by damineg35; 12-05-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:51 AM
OH6 G35

Amen brother...didn't mean to set-off any fuses!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 AM
THE TECH

Amen brother...didn't mean to set-off any fuses!
It's not that, it's just that this is the exact reason why people wonder how come there are not that many people showing up. It's cause everyone and their brother wants to start a meet near their house. People seem to now go to these things out of convenience and not out of the love of the car. Cause if it were the latter, everyone wouldn't be trying to have a meet 5 mins from their respective houses but instead frequenting the already established meets.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 AM
OH6 G35

It's not that, it's just that this is the exact reason why people wonder how come there are not that many people showing up. It's cause everyone and their brother wants to start a meet near their house. People seem to now go to these things out of convenience and not out of the love of the car. Cause if it were the latter, everyone wouldn't be trying to have a meet 5 mins from their respective houses but instead frequenting the already established meets.
It was plain coincidence that the South Bay Meet ended up 5 minutes from my house. I had absolutely nothing to do in its planning. Like I said before, just plain coincidence. I also have no real objection to going to any other meet no matter how far it is from me. It's all about the cars and people that love them. I'm sure that others feel the same. ...but, when someone hears that a good meet is starting up and it just so happens to be close....what is a person supposed to do?
...by the way, is there a "limit" on the number of meets (on any given night/day)??

Last edited by OH6 G35; 12-05-2007 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
THE TECH

...by the way, is there a "limit" on the number of meets (on any given night/day)??
No limit, but it's common sense that the more meets there are, the less people that will attend each of them.

If this meet would have come about first, I wouldn't have decided to do my own.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM
damineg35

You know why my last post was after 230 in the morning, because I just got home from the Burbank Krispy Kreme Meet. 30 miles away.

OH6 G35 has been all over so cal with me to meets and will continue to do so.

This meet is located here because it is the best location possible. There are 0/No police officers coming through the lot to kick us out. Food is available. Big Screen is on to watch games. Loud Music is welcomed. We have a total Photo Ready private area that can hold a 100 plus rides. What more could we want.

Man, I'm not trying to be rude but hey this is our thread. Please stop jacking it to tell people why not to come. I'm not messing with your Long Beach thread and no one is trying to force you to come to this meet. Can you please just let it go and have fun in Long Beach.

Respectfully

Gabe

Last edited by damineg35; 12-05-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
OH6 G35

No limit, but it's common sense that the more meets there are, the less people that will attend each of them.

If this meet would have come about first, I wouldn't have decided to do my own.
How many meet are there on Thursday nights??
Two?? ...maybe Three??
Doesn't seem excessive...
I think two or three good meets are good for all.
...this is great and would allow more people to get involved...and that's the bottom line - to get more people involved with all of us. I would like to see more "newbies" come out and enjoy. I remember how long it took me to finally get up the nerve to go out to my very first meet. It's kind of intimidating for some (me included) but I found out real fast how nice the people at these meets are and how helpful (informative) all are. ...even if your car is "stock"!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:58 AM
OH6 G35

Gabe,
thanks...and boy, you sure were up late!!

...and I know how much work you put into this event and we are all very
appreciative for it!!

Let's all just have some good 'ol fashion fun...again "bottom line"...be it in Long Beach or Torrance...
Two "great" meets are much better than just one.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ummmm.... so who's doing what for christmas?

Just trying to break some of the tension here. Everybody just go to the meet that you prefer and the world be be a better place.

Last edited by dvo; 12-05-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 AM
OH6 G35

Originally Posted by dvo
ummmm.... so who's doind what for christmas?

Just trying to break some of the tension here. Everybody just go to the meet that you prefer and the world be be a better place.
lol!!

Quick Reply: New MEET 1st Thursday Every Month So Cal