Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

January Service Manager's Special @ West Covina Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
nicholasm617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy fack thats a cheap alignment
Old 01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by evil_tt
Hey man, dont seem to down. I was promised that it would be done yesterday at 2pm and here I am with a crappy rent a car today too.

Arrived yesterday at 9:45, wasn't helped until 10:03(there was one other car in the service bay). Later on, I called around 2:27pm to check the status and got a "we'll call you right back". Than I called at 4:00pm, "well call you right back". I got a phone call back around 4:30pm, they said "your cars about done and they're going to be washing it so come on down." My girlfriend drove me down at 5pm, waited till 7pm and they ended up getting my a rent a car because it hadn't even been worked on yet, and the best part is, I live in Yorba Linda so sitting in stop and go traffic the whole way up on the 91/57/10 freeway was really not worth the gas or time going to WCN.

so trust....I feel you.
Well. It happened again today. How predictable.

Before coming in to pick up my vechile, I called WCN's service department and asked to speak to Jeff. He mentioned it was going to be done at 1-2PM and they've been working on it since the morning.

I arrived at 1PM on the dot. Walked up to Jeff and asked for a status update. He said it'll be ready in an hour. My tranny is out and they're replacing the part. Cool, I'll wait in the car. 2:30PM comes by. Hit up Jeff once again. He heads to the tech area, comes back. This time, he told me the tech is having issues installing the part. It should be ready by 4PM.

Deja vu. Literally. Head out to TGIF's again for a lunch. Come back at 4:30PM. Hit up Jeff as he gets off the phone. Says he just spoke to the tech and he's having problems and mentioned that there is a leak that he's having a problem sealing, 3 hour job and it's taking him 8 hours. Jeff says it couldn't be done tonight and advises me to keep the rental for another day, to go home, and he'll call me for round 3. Wonderful!

At this point, I'm tired of Jeff's run around bullsh1t. I ask for Rubin and apparently he's gone for the day. I take matters in my own hands and walk up to a few techs and ask them if they knew about any progress on my car. One nice fellow tells me to follow him in the work area. So I follow him back to meet the tech whose working on the car. Hispanic guy who speaks ZERO English. The fellow translates for me. Says it's done and needs to be aligned now. ETA 30 mins.

In conclusion, another half a day wasted. I was luckily enough to find a helping tech to help me with my issue, otherwise I most likely would've wasted another half day tomorrow. West Covina isn't exactly local and I was limited to however many miles off the rental. This isn't a rant against the parts department, just an individual service adviser who made my first visit a rotting hell and it'll probably be my last. I brought my car in because of all that WCN 'hype' hoping to get that 'special treatment.' Apparently, I was wrong.

Last edited by Pokémon; 01-22-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
9kFever

You did...they work on modified vehicles. Thats your special treatment. Find another dealership other than Performance that will.

Originally Posted by Pokémon
Well. It happened again today. How predictable.

Before coming in to pick up my vechile, I called WCN's service department and asked to speak to Jeff. He mentioned it was going to be done at 1-2PM and they've been working on it since the morning.

I arrived at 1PM on the dot. Walked up to Jeff and asked for a status update. He said it'll be ready in an hour. My tranny is out and they're replacing the part. Cool, I'll wait in the car. 2:30PM comes by. Hit up Jeff once again. He heads to the tech area, comes back. This time, he told me the tech is having issues installing the part. It should be ready by 4PM.

Deja vu. Literally. Head out to TGIF's again for a lunch. Come back at 4:30PM. Hit up Jeff as he gets off the phone. Says he just spoke to the tech and he's having problems and mentioned that there is a leak that he's having a problem sealing, 3 hour job and it's taking him 8 hours. Jeff says it couldn't be done tonight and advises me to keep the rental for another day, to go home, and he'll call me for round 3. Wonderful!

At this point, I'm tired of Jeff's run around bullsh1t. I ask for Rubin and apparently he's gone for the day. I take matters in my own hands and walk up to a few techs and ask them if they knew about any progress on my car. One nice fellow tells me to follow him in the work area. So I follow him back to meet the tech whose working on the car. Hispanic guy who speaks ZERO English. The fellow translates for me. Says it's done and needs to be aligned now. ETA 30 mins.

In conclusion, another half a day wasted. I was luckily enough to find a helping tech to help me with my issue, otherwise I most likely would've wasted another half day tomorrow. West Covina isn't exactly local and I was limited to however many miles off the rental. This isn't a rant against the parts department, just an individual service adviser who made my first visit a rotting hell and it'll probably be my last. I brought my car in because of all that WCN 'hype' hoping to get that 'special treatment.' Apparently, I was wrong.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by 9kFever
You did...they work on modified vehicles. Thats your special treatment. Find another dealership other than Performance that will.
If modifying a recall on a slave cylinder is my special treatment, I guess I could've gone to my local dealer now couldn't I?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:08 PM
9kFever

If modifying a recall on a slave cylinder is my special treatment, I guess I could've gone to my local dealer now couldn't I?
Im just saying a lot of dealers would turn your modded car away or worse void your warranty. I just read this whole thread and realized Heri is gone. Heri was the man. Good thing Im suing Nissan for my lemon. Heri took care of me every 700 miles for the last 8 months.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Pokémon

Originally Posted by 9kFever
Im just saying a lot of dealers would turn your modded car away or worse void your warranty. I just read this whole thread and realized Heri is gone. Heri was the man. Good thing Im suing Nissan for my lemon. Heri took care of me every 700 miles for the last 8 months.
Good for you. And great for Heri.

Who said anything about my car being modded? Your "saying" was directed towards me. Refer to post #86 page 5 before you say anything else ignorant.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
9kFever

HKS | Cusco | GT Spec | Stoptech | NISMO | SPC | Volk Racing | Viper | Pioneer |

Dont get crazy. You had a bad experience. But when it comes down to it people drive there because they are mod friendly. Go somewhere else with the mods in that sig and see the response you get for even the smallest tsb or recall.

Still doesn't mean you deserved the headache they caused you but I know even if I got that service I would be back because they handle all warranty claims even when your modded up.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM
9kFever

Good for you. And great for Heri.

Who said anything about my car being modded? Your "saying" was directed towards me. Refer to post #86 page 5 before you say anything else ignorant.
I brought up heri because he took care of the majority of the Z's and probably nearly every Z that goes to WCN and posts on here. Hopefully the service doesn't suffer from him leaving, but even so they will still have my buisness for being car-enthusiast friendly.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
evil_tt
Banned

lol. Went to pick up my car last night, and to my suprise, no one could find my keys. So I stood around for about 10 minutes while I had 2 people look for them. But let me tell you, my car has never shifted so beautifully and smooth with the new SMC. Your drive home will be worth it. But after everything, with their mod friendly *blah blah, it just wasn't an all around good experience this time around at WCN. If my car wasn't slammed, I would have more options. =)
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
350zGuy04

Well had a 10am appointment arrived a bit early. My original bill said 2 wheel alignment, i talked to Steve and told him that it was suppose to be a 4 wheel alignment. He mentioned that it was an error or something it was suppose to be a 2 wheel alignment, but somebody had put 4 wheel. Next he talked to service manager. The Manager approved that it was 4 wheel alignment for $19.95 originally like $129.95 Everything worked out good recieved a oil change and 4 wheel alignment for about 40 bucks. Good deal.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
UHATEIT

WCN quoted me a GRIP for camber arm install and the discounted alignment.

Went to Precision Z today and spent alot less for the camber install and alignment combined even at full price, and I didn't have to drive all the way to West Covina in the rain
Old 01-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT

Went to Precision Z today and spent alot less for the camber install and alignment combined even at full price, and I didn't have to drive all the way to West Covina in the rain
Would you mind listing the quotes for the install at both locations.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:33 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by UHATEIT

dealerships even ones as good as WCN can not always offer prices smaller shops could. there is a lot more overhead at a dealership compared to a small performance shop, plenty more mouths to feed. you need to understand this before you complain about their prices. Compared to other dealerships their prices are very good.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:37 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

to give you an example, i purchased hotchkis sway bars for my Z.

WCN (good dealership) wanted $300 to install it.
Universal City Nissan (horrid dealership) wanted $500 and only would install the Nismo sways.
EDO Performance (small shop) wanted $100 for install.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
hidehide

Went there today.
Had my oil change ($54), wheel alignment ($19.99) and replacing windows motors (470), which is so expensive..
So I waited for about 3-4 hours, which is normal.

However, when I pay, they give me the wrong prices! $650!
So I gave the credit card to the lady, and started to think the price is overstated.
I talked to her, she brought me to the service guy. He calculate again, and told me Im correct.

So she refunded and charged me again for $562..

I remember before when I went to WCN to change my exhaust. They write me like $50-100 more until I told them I talked with Jeff, and he told me its $100 for the labor.
And then this time, they are trying to overcharge me if Im dumb!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by hidehide
Went there today.
Had my oil change ($54), wheel alignment ($19.99) and replacing windows motors (470), which is so expensive..
So I waited for about 3-4 hours, which is normal.

However, when I pay, they give me the wrong prices! $650!
So I gave the credit card to the lady, and started to think the price is overstated.
I talked to her, she brought me to the service guy. He calculate again, and told me Im correct.

So she refunded and charged me again for $562..

I remember before when I went to WCN to change my exhaust. They write me like $50-100 more until I told them I talked with Jeff, and he told me its $100 for the labor.
And then this time, they are trying to overcharge me if Im dumb!
sorry but that sounds like it could have been an honest mistake... Atleast they didnt put up a fight and straight up admitted "you are right"
Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by dspiel
to give you an example, i purchased hotchkis sway bars for my Z.

WCN (good dealership) wanted $300 to install it.
Universal City Nissan (horrid dealership) wanted $500 and only would install the Nismo sways.
EDO Performance (small shop) wanted $100 for install.
It should be an hour of labor at most, so it shouldn't cost more than a $100.

From what I've found, if you buy from the dealership, you'll get a better price on labor rather than simply bringing in the part to have it installed.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

$100 for exhaust from a dealership is a very good price
Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 PM
evil_tt
Banned

Originally Posted by dspiel
$100 for exhaust from a dealership is a very good price
geez! on the defence much?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

no just honest, if i was being defensive i would be like "OMGZ WCN IS THE BEST)R U C$NT BEAT THERE PRICES"

Quick Reply: January Service Manager's Special @ West Covina Nissan