Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Free Body Kit....No really

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 918 Z
that happened to my friends show ready scion, some guy on ebay was using pics of his car to sell lambo doors.

which car is yours?
the r32 looking blue vw gti with the fmic, (look at the windshield for bad photoshop job to remove my stickers) yeah companies on ebay used the same pictures and turned my car lime green, orange, etc. its pretty bad.

funny part is theyre selling it on their website as fiberglass when the kit that was on my old car was urethane
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Nastyboy

LoL...

Same thing happened to me. The funny part is I emailed them to remove my pictures, if not then I would be entitled to a percentage of every kit they sold because of my pictures.

Some jerk-off replied and told be to kick rocks because they owned the pictures and the car. Told them the email was beign forward to an attorney's office who was going to have an easy case since I owned the car free and clear (paid off) and I never consented to any pictures. The pictures were removed the next day.

Some other sites still use the pics, but its already been over 4 years, so I'm like f-it! It's done.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
LoL...

Same thing happened to me. The funny part is I emailed them to remove my pictures, if not then I would be entitled to a percentage of every kit they sold because of my pictures.

Some jerk-off replied and told be to kick rocks because they owned the pictures and the car. Told them the email was beign forward to an attorney's office who was going to have an easy case since I owned the car free and clear (paid off) and I never consented to any pictures. The pictures were removed the next day.

Some other sites still use the pics, but its already been over 4 years, so I'm like f-it! It's done.
Wow im actually surprised they removed it, they stopped responding to me after my second email just like yours, first response sounded just like yours too haha saying they owned the pictures and the car.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Nastyboy

Maybe its the thought that an attorney would be involved. I believe there's a term for what I/we requested "cease and decieast"????? (Yes, I can't spell for ish!) . Basically: stop that or I'll sue!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
UHATEIT

my car is on ebay under "350Z catback" A company jacked my pics and put them on there. has my license plate n everything. I don't care tho, I take it as a compliment that someone actually likes it enough to use a pic of it since my car ain't that great looking to begin with!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Nastyboy

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
my car is on ebay under "350Z catback" A company jacked my pics and put them on there. has my license plate n everything. I don't care tho, I take it as a compliment that someone actually likes it enough to use a pic of it since my car ain't that great looking to begin with!
True.. the best compliment is for someone to claim your work as their own.

However, in this instance I believe the main point is the fact that the sellers are knowingly using false pictures to sell a product.
Say, they show your car for reasons of selling an exhaust, but yet the potential customer recieves brand-X. Same as if I was selling something here on the forum, why post pictures of your car when I'm not selling YOUR parts.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
True.. the best compliment is for someone to claim your work as their own.

However, in this instance I believe the main point is the fact that the sellers are knowingly using false pictures to sell a product.
Say, they show your car for reasons of selling an exhaust, but yet the potential customer recieves brand-X. Same as if I was selling something here on the forum, why post pictures of your car when I'm not selling YOUR parts.

I totally get you. If the parts and a different brand then that;s bad but if they just want to see a pic of what it looks like installed I don't see it as being too bad if you didn't have a pic of the item installed on your car.

The bad thing I had was someone stole my pics and put MY CAR for sale on ebay and also on autotrader, so someone thought they were getting a sweet widebody MR2 and it wasn't my car at all. People kept contacting me on cardomain to ask if it was me selling it or a fake. I wasn't selling it. That would definately be deceiving!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
AllThrottle

I'm sorry that there a a number of you with bad experiences with Extreme Dimensions. I have personally never had a problem with them before. Neither has anyone that I know of personally.

I would say if you are still having problems with your pictures being up on the website, go ahead and e-mail my buddy at the origional e-mail listed. He is relatively new to the company (within 10 months). He has been taking care of a lot of business like what you all are describing.

Here is a thread from rx7club about something similar that my buddy Geoff took care of:
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...=1#post7324392
red_s5_fc3s wrote:
"Much props to Geoff at Extreme. He took care of my problem and got me what I needed. He totally changed my experience with Extreme Dimensions. I'm glad that he's working there now instead of Leigh. He's taking care of business!"
(quote taken from the top of page 2 on linked address)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Extreme Dimensions has a horrible rep over on the MR2 forums because of the same instance.

Caveat Emptor!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
AllThrottle

I dont work there, so I dont have a strong answer. I see where you are comming from though. I think the idea is that they like to have an image of the parts actually on a car. The true fact of the matter is that lots of companies take eachothers images. Surf long enough on the internet and you will find examples. Its possible that E.D. took people's personal images, or they might of gotten them from another website. It may be because on the retail side, a retail store takes images of someones car, and then sends them to the manufacturer. Its really hard to say.

Bottom line is that no, it isn't right. Are they going to stop? Probably not. Will other companies stop? Probably not. Its a fast solution for thier needs. What my friend is doing is taking care of the people that have a problem with this. If you can prove that you have a car, and that E.D. stole your pictures, then they either give doscounts on their parts to that person, or remove the images. From what I understand, they dont get many complaints...at least not as long as my friend has worked there.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Originally Posted by AllThrottle
I'm sorry that there a a number of you with bad experiences with Extreme Dimensions. I have personally never had a problem with them before. Neither has anyone that I know of personally.

I would say if you are still having problems with your pictures being up on the website, go ahead and e-mail my buddy at the origional e-mail listed. He is relatively new to the company (within 10 months). He has been taking care of a lot of business like what you all are describing.

Here is a thread from rx7club about something similar that my buddy Geoff took care of:
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...=1#post7324392
red_s5_fc3s wrote:
"Much props to Geoff at Extreme. He took care of my problem and got me what I needed. He totally changed my experience with Extreme Dimensions. I'm glad that he's working there now instead of Leigh. He's taking care of business!"
(quote taken from the top of page 2 on linked address)

Too bad he wasnt there about 3 years ago, couldve been resolved quickly and easily, but now i dont own that car anymore and its in the past. Just sharing my experience. We too sell some replica pieces, but we will NEVER use pictures that are not of our own products. I dont care if other companies do it, its just the way we run our business.

Last edited by HR Autoparts; 02-27-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:19 AM
gimpster621

hmmm they said they would need my car early march. got an email mid march saying they are running delays and they would get back to me. its now 2nd week of april. to the OP......can u tell them im out. if they are this bad in communications when THEY need my car, i can only imagine what its going to be like when I need want the kit after it goes into productions.

title should be Free Body Kit.......Not really
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ I wonder why he has not got a hold of you. I know Allen at HR I will find out for you Danny........you damn bol goggi eating ***. I'll get back to you on that and let him know about you.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:23 AM
gimpster621

Originally Posted by Ed 718
^^ I wonder why he has not got a hold of you. I know Allen at HR I will find out for you Danny........you damn bol goggi eating ***. I'll get back to you on that and let him know about you.
no its not allen at HR. its some guy at extreme dimensions
Old 04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gimpster621
oh damn my bad............oh well keep on waiting then
Old 04-07-2008, 03:11 PM
ObZeZZed

Interesting.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Panda350z

Originally Posted by gimpster621
lol what did I tell you Danny hahahaha!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 AM
unknownuser

Originally Posted by invazn
my location owns me one more time.
same
Old 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM
sluggo

Originally Posted by AllThrottle
The true fact of the matter is that lots of companies take eachothers images. Surf long enough on the internet and you will find examples. Its possible that E.D. took people's personal images, or they might of gotten them from another website.
That's called a bait-and-switch, and with IP laws the way that they are I would be very cautious before claiming that an image is the property of a company. In the state of California a company can be prosecuted for such actions as they are no longer simply theft but premeditated deception. But, what do I know, IANAL.

Quick Reply: Free Body Kit....No really