Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Beware: Invision Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:12 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

**edit**

i now have the directions

Last edited by groovin_350z; 08-27-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Originally Posted by SINJI
good luck quan. too bad Sam dont work there anylonger. he was a cool guy. hope you get the money back soon!

+1 thanks for giving us a heads up that totally sucks bro
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Calvin@CRG
Temporary Disablement - Billing

How'd everything work out for you Quan? Hopefully you got what you wanted and everything went well?

Sorry to hear about WCN also
Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Zyclone Z

Originally Posted by groovin_350z
hahah no worries. it wont come to any of that. im not even mad or anything. Im never mad! haha

unemployment checks ftw

I've talked to you probably maybe 3-4 times and You've always been SUPER happy haha I've never seen your mad or upset...haha... Well If you still don't get your $$ let me know whats up man, Like I said we can go handle some business
Old 08-28-2008, 04:37 PM
buffmanjeff

dam sucks quan. i still think you should leave your cwest kit, looks sweet. Hope you get your money back.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

whats up everyone. Well i did meet up David today and he gave me a company check. He told me not to deposit it till tomorrow so that it would clear. i guess we'll wait and see.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

update

so they wrote me the check on the 28th and it has no sufficient funds since then. not surprising.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Allen331

Wow...that sucks Quan. Hope everything works out for the best bro. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

update

so they wrote me the check on the 28th and it has no sufficient funds since then. not surprising.

i hate when people do that...

damn it sucks whats happening, hope you find a solution soon
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Nastyboy

update

Well, at least now you have some proof of your purchase and the money that is owed to you.

What I would do is keep calling the bank every morning to see if the check has enough funds to be cleared. The bank wont give you an account balance, but they will tell you if there's enough for it to be cashed.

If you don't want to wait, then just deposit the check three times, with three NSF stamps you can take them to court and a judge wont even have to think about it before rulling in your favor.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
Well, at least now you have some proof of your purchase and the money that is owed to you.

What I would do is keep calling the bank every morning to see if the check has enough funds to be cleared. The bank wont give you an account balance, but they will tell you if there's enough for it to be cashed.

If you don't want to wait, then just deposit the check three times, with three NSF stamps you can take them to court and a judge wont even have to think about it before rulling in your favor.
yea. ive been checking every morning since then. same ol answer everytime.

im not sure what u mean about the NSF stamps. can u tell what thats all about? thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NSF = Non Sufficient Funds...

I guess he's saying if he can prove, if a time frame between the stamps has been given to provide sufficient funding, that he could take them to small claims court to possibly give better ruling in his favor.

hope I'm assuming correctly
Old 09-03-2008, 09:11 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To OP, GL with your ordeal bro... hate it when things don't go your way..
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea. ive been checking every morning since then. same ol answer everytime.

im not sure what u mean about the NSF stamps. can u tell what thats all about? thanks

Hi Quan. What bank is the check drawn off of? Who have you been calling to verify funds?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Nastyboy

Originally Posted by jubes
NSF = Non Sufficient Funds...

I guess he's saying if he can prove, if a time frame between the stamps has been given to provide sufficient funding, that he could take them to small claims court to possibly give better ruling in his favor.

hope I'm assuming correctly
Yes sir!
While I was an undergrad I worked at a few different banks, all having the same policy.
If a customer got a bad check we would advise to have them call the bank and check for funds in the mornings.
Most larger banks even have an automated feature that allows you to call without having to speak to a person. This is called a "merchant check", meaning stores could easily call and make sure the check is good while the customer is waiting at the cashier.

As for the NSF, if a person/company receives a bad check, there's some type of legislation against bad checks. Some counties are more strict than others, but it all comes down to the same thing.
A check needs three "NSF" stamps to be inforced by a judge. If the county is super strict it will not only enforce the check but actually prosecute the person with a misdemeanor (sp?) for passing bad checks. I'm sure your bank will offer better information, they usually have hand-outs that gives you options on how to collect on a bad check.
Hope that helps
Old 09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
THE TECH

Cash in = cash out! That's my opinion anyway. Anytime a customer of mine pays cash and for any reason the transaction does not occur, they would be getting cash back. Sorry to hear about all this Quan. Too bad sh*t happens to good people.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

sorry for this late reply. my computer went bad so im now using my sisters comp real quick.

The bank they're using is center bank. Ive been calling their LA branch since thats the number on the check. (they have horrible customer service and i dont think they understand english too well.)

supposedly today when i called. they had sufficient funds so i drove as fast as i could to the nearest branch which was diamond bar for me. got in...tried to cash it and then they said it didnt clear. so i was like...i just called like 20 mins ago and said there was funds. so i couldnt get the money.

called the number on the check again and the lady that helped me said the money was clear and i asked "if i drove to your LA branch right now i can cash it correct?"

she said YES. so i drove to the LA branch and what do you know. couldnt pull the money their either.

ill give David a call later and see wth is going on. Im just sick and tired of all this BS. things like this makes me hate this hobby.

and thank u nastyboy for being such great help. i appreciate the knowledge. heheh
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Damn, thats F'd up
Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 PM
gsazabi

Dang Quan sorry to hear about your money and job. If you wanna become a sushi chef let me know
Old 09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
stylett9

sorry for this late reply. my computer went bad so im now using my sisters comp real quick.

The bank they're using is center bank. Ive been calling their LA branch since thats the number on the check. (they have horrible customer service and i dont think they understand english too well.)

supposedly today when i called. they had sufficient funds so i drove as fast as i could to the nearest branch which was diamond bar for me. got in...tried to cash it and then they said it didnt clear. so i was like...i just called like 20 mins ago and said there was funds. so i couldnt get the money.

called the number on the check again and the lady that helped me said the money was clear and i asked "if i drove to your LA branch right now i can cash it correct?"

she said YES. so i drove to the LA branch and what do you know. couldnt pull the money their either.

ill give David a call later and see wth is going on. Im just sick and tired of all this BS. things like this makes me hate this hobby.

and thank u nastyboy for being such great help. i appreciate the knowledge. heheh

dang, sucks man. If it was Wamu, Wells Fargo or B of A i could have helped you by having people force pay the check...but i don't know anyone at center. :-( Goodluck with all that.

You could also try letting them know they have X amount of days to wire the money into your account.(don't even bother with bank endorsed checks at this point) Otherwise, you'll be forced to take them to small claims court. THis way you don't have to bother wasting more money on a lawyer.

Last edited by stylett9; 09-08-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Beware: Invision Performance