Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

whirlpool products are garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whirlpool products are garbage!

i have a fridge and stove/oven from whirlpool and the oven broke a few months ago while the fridge compressor just broke. just giving you guys a heads up.

and if anyone knows a fridge compressor fixer guy swing them by my way! thanks.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my whirlpool dryer is fakked too.. **** wont creat heat.. either the thermostat or blowout fuse went.... i cant tell though. PITA
Old 10-11-2008, 11:28 AM
shawn_david75

How did you fit a fridge and stove/oven in your Z?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

i tied it to my roof like the guy did with his baby seat in the carmax commerical.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:07 PM
....Zyuhl8r....

I deliver appliances from sears and whirlpool(who makes Kenmore and other appliances) usually are good products...dont get me wrong,there has been some badd products...I would stay away from g.e,samsung and any maytag product before 07...we exchange those items all the time...lg is a good product
Old 10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

had a whirlpool stainless fridge with water dispenser we purchased from howards in san gabriel

the ice dispencer on that thing probably broke over 5 times in the past 2-3 years..

it seriously is a piece of shiet fuken thing.. the ice would get hella frozen and dispence a huge chunk of ice
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

thats grosss.

now i hate using the fridge int he garage since ih ave to walk allll the way there and allll the way back.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ....Zyuhl8r....
I deliver appliances from sears and whirlpool(who makes Kenmore and other appliances) usually are good products...dont get me wrong,there has been some badd products...I would stay away from g.e,samsung and any maytag product before 07...we exchange those items all the time...lg is a good product
LG does not have factory service and for those customers that bought outside of Sears, getting service and parts can be a very bad experience. But even a Sears service tech has to get LG's approval to replace parts or the entire unit, LG is known to be very aggresive in foot dragging and outright refusal to replace units, even after multiple service call's for the same issue GE isn't perfect, but at least they employ their own techs, a superior method vs LG's use of local independent repair shops who often don't feel the least remorse about giving people a little or a lot of attitude start to finish. Just to mention it, LG still hasn't learned the supply side of things, dealers can't sell what LG hasn't bothered to keep in the warehouse.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Gsedan35

Some things that might not be common knowledge

Whirlpool bought Maytag almost 3 years ago, first thing they did when they gained enough control over the company was to shut down all north american Maytag laundry production plants. All Maytag labeled units from that point forward are relabeled Whirlpool units that receive key componants normally reserved for Whirlpool commercial laundry line. Exception to this are Amana front load units that are made by Samsung and a compact Maytag apartment sized front load set that is also made by Samsung

Whilrpool also shut down Maytag's north american side by side production and opened a new plant in Mexico where a Whirlpool design is made ( you will know your looking at one when it's water filter is located at the bottom below the freezer door).

In 25/26 cu ft bottom mount refrigeration only 3 brands manufacture them.

LG
Amana/Maytag
Samsung

Kenmore ( made by: LG and one Amana/Maytag unit)
GE (made by: Samsung)
Whirlpool, Kitchen-aid, Jenn-air (made by: Amana/Maytag)

In 19/23 cu fit bottom mount refrigeration the story is the same, GE sources differently however in the smaller size ranges
GE (made by: LG)

LG does not make their gas ranges, they they are made 100% by GE.

LG does not make their electric range, likely source is either Samsung or Bosch.

LG has a technology sharing agreement with Bosch for their dishwasher line, like most deals of this kind certain key technologies are Bosch exclusives and do not show up on the LG units (leak detection system)

LG makes GE's Harmoney washer and dryers (and the recently introduced top load units that do not have agitators).

LG makes GE's Advantium over the range microwave/oven.

All GE 3.8 cu ft and above front load washers are made for GE by a company in China called Little Swan. The dryers for these machines however contunue to come from traditional GE production sites located in Canada. The 3.5 cu ft front load GE's are made by Frigidaire.

Newer GE dishwasers are starting to show up labeled "Made In China" hopefully this doesn't mean the north american plant that has traditionally made these units is being phased out and those workers, kicked to the curb.

All other Maytag products not mentioned above continue come out of the same Maytag plants and have not be redesigned as of yet. Meaning, dishwashers, ranges, cooktops, and bottom mount refrigeration and most of the Jenn-air line. Next up for redesign according to Whirlpool are Maytag's gas and electric ranges, then the dishwasher is next.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by richiemoumoney
i have a fridge and stove/oven from whirlpool and the oven broke a few months ago while the fridge compressor just broke. just giving you guys a heads up.

and if anyone knows a fridge compressor fixer guy swing them by my way! thanks.
Date of purchase for the Range and refrigerator?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
RichieM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

theyre both past warranty. and the stupid thing is that my fridge warranty expired last month. i dont know the exact months/year though.