Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Autobacs 1st Meet of 2009 ~ 1/17/09 Saturday Cruise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:56 PM
gr8grz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you want a bunch of performance sports cars to meet together and drive under the speed limit? People already get rev happy seeing another Z going the opposite lane...good luck with this one. Also cops are attracted by exhaust and a group of imports, no need for speeding to do that.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Nato

[QUOTE=gr8grz;6745098]So you want a bunch of performance sports cars to meet together and drive under the speed limit? People already get rev happy seeing another Z going the opposite lane...good luck with this one. Also cops are attracted by exhaust and a group of imports, no need for speeding to do that.[/QUOTE

Thats why the tech was clear on if anyone is gonna drive aggressive, dont even bother showing up. If anyone getting rev happy seeing another z going the opposite lane, all i gotta say is your a stupid ricer!!!!! And cops dont really care unless your doing something stupid. And if anyone is doing something stupid that will attract cops or driving aggressive trying to race i will come up to u face to face and tell u to leave, not gonna let some punk mess things up for everyone else
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gosh so many rules here. This may be good info, but I don't think it conveys well over the forums. If anything, just have a little group discussion before leaving for the drive.

There's always someone or even a little group who drives a little faster.....and honestly I think it makes things a little more fun.

The tech, have you been to any vette drives? Overtaking and revving all over the place.....fun, fun.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:30 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by gr8grz
So you want a bunch of performance sports cars to meet together and drive under the speed limit? People already get rev happy seeing another Z going the opposite lane...good luck with this one. Also cops are attracted by exhaust and a group of imports, no need for speeding to do that.

If you wanna be a typical ricer, then stay home. It's a cruise, not a race.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:31 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Gosh so many rules here. This may be good info, but I don't think it conveys well over the forums. If anything, just have a little group discussion before leaving for the drive.

There's always someone or even a little group who drives a little faster.....and honestly I think it makes things a little more fun.

The tech, have you been to any vette drives? Overtaking and revving all over the place.....fun, fun.
So many rules? There is only one rule...don't act like a jackass. This rule helps everyone have a safe and enjoyable time. Imports already have a tough enough time being hassled by cops. Why bring attention to yourself by acting foolish?

Yes, I have been to Vette drives. As with any car and event, it just depends on how it was setup from the get go. If it's a cruise, then we cruise. If it's a canyon run, then...

If people can't control themselves, they shouldn't be driving the car in the first place.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:35 AM
THE TECH

We will have fun and I'm sure there will be a bit of spirited driving. Anything within 10mph of the limit is usually ok in CA anyway, so we should be fine.

It's when we start racing and acting dumb that we attract the wrong attention as well as start losing people who fall behind.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Nato

Originally Posted by THE TECH
We will have fun and I'm sure there will be a bit of spirited driving. Anything within 10mph of the limit is usually ok in CA anyway, so we should be fine.

It's when we start racing and acting dumb that we attract the wrong attention as well as start losing people who fall behind.
indeed
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

So many rules? There is only one rule...don't act like a jackass. This rule helps everyone have a safe and enjoyable time. Imports already have a tough enough time being hassled by cops. Why bring attention to yourself by acting foolish?

Yes, I have been to Vette drives. As with any car and event, it just depends on how it was setup from the get go. If it's a cruise, then we cruise. If it's a canyon run, then...

If people can't control themselves, they shouldn't be driving the car in the first place.
Don't act like a jackass, what the hell are you talking about. In all of your threads, you're super paranoid about cops or think anyone who blips their throttle is a ricer.

Go to an exotic meet and you'll see Ferraris revving and driving pretty aggressively. Does that mean that they're ricers or foolish, I don't think so. Of course their is a time and place for everything, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy themselves.

I'm not some guy who will be doing burnouts or anything else, but you come across with a very paternal and condescending attitude. Everyone is an adult here and no one likes to be told what not to do or how to act. I'm just saying their is a better way to get your message across, but I doubt you'll listen.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
calin
Banned

oh boy

For those of you who don't think you can follow the one simple rule, how about you set up your own meet/cruise? Then you can rev your engines and drive however you want

It seems like there's always at least one person who wants to mess up everyones fun

Last edited by calin; 12-31-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:14 PM
THE TECH

Don't act like a jackass, what the hell are you talking about. In all of your threads, you're super paranoid about cops or think anyone who blips their throttle is a ricer.

Go to an exotic meet and you'll see Ferraris revving and driving pretty aggressively. Does that mean that they're ricers or foolish, I don't think so. Of course their is a time and place for everything, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy themselves.

I'm not some guy who will be doing burnouts or anything else, but you come across with a very paternal and condescending attitude. Everyone is an adult here and no one likes to be told what not to do or how to act. I'm just saying their is a better way to get your message across, but I doubt you'll listen.

Not super paranoid, just very very experienced with imports and their following.

I could care less what others do at other meets. FYI, just cause you have a Ferrari doesn't exclude you from driving like a jackass.

This is a meet that I have organized for quite some time now. I have also been an organizer for other large meets with other imports in the past as well. I do what I do out of experience.

If you truly are an adult, then there shouldn't be an issue. Only children want to debate the rules of which there is only one which should go without saying anyway. But, since I have the experience that I do, that is the reason I have to put it out there in the first place. Since we can't even get people to not rev and burn out like jackasses at normal meets where we don't even go anywhere, it is a must to make a note about not acting stupid when we do a full drive.

If you feel like I'm being condescending, that's ok. All the people that know me know I'm only looking out for the group. Imports are already being profiled and harassed enough already. We don't need to further fuel the fire.

While I appreciate all constructive criticism, you obviously have never come out to a meet ever, so to criticize myself or the way I conduct my meets is out of line.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by THE TECH; 12-31-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

I've been to plenty of meets and have organized many meets on various boards and with different car groups. I've even been to a few of "your" autobacs meets. But honestly if you want to avoid ricers, you should probably avoid autobacs in the first place.

Be an adult, you're the one calling me a jackass. I guarantee you I'm not the only who feels like you're talking down to people on here.

But anyhow, happy new years buddy, and enjoy your cruise.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
calin
Banned

and enjoy your cruise.
thanks, we will
Old 12-31-2008, 06:31 PM
THE TECH

I've been to plenty of meets and have organized many meets on various boards and with different car groups. I've even been to a few of "your" autobacs meets. But honestly if you want to avoid ricers, you should probably avoid autobacs in the first place.

Be an adult, you're the one calling me a jackass. I guarantee you I'm not the only who feels like you're talking down to people on here.

But anyhow, happy new years buddy, and enjoy your cruise.
If you've been to a meet, then you shouldn't be reacting like you are. Having it at Autobacs has nothing to do with the following it attracts. It is posted on this forum only.

You may want to reread the posts before getting offended. I never called you a jackass.

If telling people not to drive like a jackass is talking down to them, then they are obviously not mature enough in the first place. If people were responsible on their own, I wouldn't have had to say it to begin with.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:43 AM
PFunk124

If you've been to a meet, then you shouldn't be reacting like you are. Having it at Autobacs has nothing to do with the following it attracts. It is posted on this forum only.

You may want to reread the posts before getting offended. I never called you a jackass.

If telling people not to drive like a jackass is talking down to them, then they are obviously not mature enough in the first place. If people were responsible on their own, I wouldn't have had to say it to begin with.

I say keep the speeding to yourself or the track. I know when i go on a cruise i don't really want to worry about another driver endangering everyone or myself.

Put me on the list Matt. I'm down to roll.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 AM
THE TECH

Bump for the meet!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:46 AM
THE TECH

Updated list:

1. THE TECH
2. Nato
3. Shinstyle
4. Calin
5. Zincognito
6. PFunk124
Old 01-01-2009, 09:48 AM
calin
Banned

So is the meet still on the 17th?
Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Nato

bump hung over!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by calin
So is the meet still on the 17th?
Yeah, looks that way.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
gr8grz

Don't get mad guys, some of us are just stating the other obvious. I (we) aren't saying we wanna showoff infront of people that prefer to drive automatics and cruise. All you have to say was yeah thats true, so we will try to inform everyone there. No need to call us ricers, jackass, etc. thats not cool, I'm sure theres some ricers here that can knock a ding in your car and face at the same time. So I wouldn't call people names via ethuggin and turn your meet into a brawl from a cruise.

PS Don't worry I won't show up and try to race or brawl cuz you guys called me a ricer for stating an obvious truth about meets. Haha this again is just internet and this again is just toys we own.

Last edited by gr8grz; 01-02-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Autobacs 1st Meet of 2009 ~ 1/17/09 Saturday Cruise!!!