Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

SoCal Ricers (LOL)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:03 PM
haeshik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

diff. strokes for diff. folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVxjH04aIY

Last edited by haeshik; 08-27-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont care if anyone thinks my car is rice. It doesn't bother me if you don't like the wing or the wheels, etc.....but its funny to see you knock others when your car is just as bad...at least I think so. You are the one who keeps bringing up old ****, you did it recently in this thread and earlier in the month on the SBC thread. Why don't you stop trying to stir up **** and focus on removing the ugly from your car.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:23 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll post the rest later
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Nice... aerodynamics in the back?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:49 PM
gs400speed23

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dikspiel
I dont care if anyone thinks my car is rice. It doesn't bother me if you don't like the wing or the wheels, etc.....but its funny to see you knock others when your car is just as bad...at least I think so. You are the one who keeps bringing up old ****, you did it recently in this thread and earlier in the month on the SBC thread. Why don't you stop trying to stir up **** and focus on removing the ugly from your car.
for some reason i think your setup works pretty well.. its gutsy and i respect that for sure, i love cars like this because it is kinda GT inspired. that's what Im going for. TWIN TURBO IT!! =D
Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

^ Thanks Kal_El is dropping off the twin turbo this weekend. I am taking out the Sparcos and putting in some other **** in Oct.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 PM
gs400speed23

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^nooooooooo way your taking kal el's twins!! dayum! kal el is resurrecting! this is gonna be dope. your are just bleeding money aren't you dang rich kids... goodluck =D
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

na if I was rich I'd already have the turbos on
Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

here are the rest of the pictures of the civic

no rear end pictures.. simply because there was no rear bumper lol
Old 08-28-2010, 05:21 AM
White0ngold

^ i seen that honda in an add before like 2 years ago...Dashboard Confessional designed it...apperantly there was only 10 made...
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 PM
haeshik

Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 PM
importroller

Originally Posted by dikspiel
even though you think you are putting me down, you actually just pointed out that we are a lot alike.

My intensios wasn't to stir up anything though, i would just like clearification on why its OK on one car, but everyone else it isn't. That's it. nothing more, nothing less. I'll remove whatever it is you think I need to, when you remove whatever I think you need to. I bet you that at no point either one of our cars will change.

Me personally, i hate SBC. And yes, at one point in time, i would have been a member with my cheap *** spoiler i had on my old 240sx. I hated that POS on the back of my car, but by then i had already had holes drilled in the lid, and it was better to leave it on, than to drive around with exposed holes to snow and salt.

and from what i have noticed, is that Waizzz, Dikspiel, and haeshik (who are always trying to defend the SBCs) are all personal friends judging from the posts. So it makes sense that the gang mentality would kick in if anyone talks down about the any of the others. I do the same thing with my friends. A friend of mine has an Altima that almost everyone will think is riced out, but since he is a good friend of mine, I always defend him regardless. That's what friends are for. I don't know you guys personally, so my opinion is objective, and what you think is Nice, i think is rice as a general concept.

But anyways, lets get back to the funny

Last edited by importroller; 08-30-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

that spoiler = rice
my spoiler = nice
Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 AM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^
Is the roof missing on the Bish? LOL

From what it looks like, the paint and bodywork look pretty clean... Just needs better fitting wheels on the wider body...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:06 AM
importroller

He T-Topped the S13. It completely took away from what that car could be
Old 08-30-2010, 11:21 AM
IDrm350

Originally Posted by importroller
My intensios wasn't to stir up anything though, i would just like clearification on why its OK on one car, but everyone else it isn't. That's it. nothing more, nothing less.
What all of your posts about this fail to consider is FUNCTION. Form follows function. The $1k+ SBC wings that you see on 350Zs cost that much because real engineering was used to ensure that the rear end of whatever RWD car it used on would stay on the ground at the high speeds seen during real races. The eBay special aluminum shopping cart wings (which are rice) were not designed to do anything but take dumb ricer's money. You can make the argument that FWD cars can benefit from real wheel downforce from an SBC wing but your buddy's Altima is hardly 1) track ready and 2) that wing is not functional.

Here is a good example of acceptable SBC on FWD:

I'll add this caveat: I hate SBC wings also but I respect them for their functionality when they are used on applications for which they were designed.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
importroller

I never said that they aren't functional. I actually posted earlier that I know they are functional, even those POS ebay ones do the job (obviously not as well as the expensive ones) but they do add to the downforce on the rear of the car. The Altima i posted earlier isn't my buddy, I just know details about the car itself. i don't know the owner personally. I'm not sure if he ever took it to the track, but I know it is more powerfull than a majority of the Zs posting on here that are defending the whole SBC deal. But anyways, its not that big of a deal.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 PM
sonoriansZ

Originally Posted by IDrm350
What all of your posts about this fail to consider is FUNCTION. Form follows function. The $1k+ SBC wings that you see on 350Zs cost that much because real engineering was used to ensure that the rear end of whatever RWD car it used on would stay on the ground at the high speeds seen during real races. The eBay special aluminum shopping cart wings (which are rice) were not designed to do anything but take dumb ricer's money. You can make the argument that FWD cars can benefit from real wheel downforce from an SBC wing but your buddy's Altima is hardly 1) track ready and 2) that wing is not functional.

Here is a good example of acceptable SBC on FWD:

I'll add this caveat: I hate SBC wings also but I respect them for their functionality when they are used on applications for which they were designed.
i agree! what fwd ricers need to do is put a wing on the front. thats more functional than in the back. why have something on your car and it doesnt work. if your car isnt taken to the track why even have it on there. personally shopping kart wings are lame. but what they do for a track car is perfect. not for a daily driver.

Last edited by sonoriansZ; 08-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 PM
importroller

The orange altima was mainly for shows. As i stated in the original post, the car was built back in the F&F days, when huge wings and body kits were the in thing. I think that eclipse is rice posted above.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
sonoriansZ

yeah but at least the eclipse is a track car!

Quick Reply: SoCal Ricers (LOL)