Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

M1 Autobody= Ghetto installers

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down M1 Autobody= Ghetto installers

I've been going to this place for about 7 years. in the last 6 months or so, I've brought in 4 cars, 6 times.

talk about quality going down the sh*ts. first time I've brought in the z to have the car repainted, the work was decent (good color matching and install), other than the friggin fact that my brand new skid plate dropped and dragged in the cement in the 3 minutes of driving off from the shop.. whatever.. they cut half of it so it won't be in the way no biggie. Then my Sti.. got rear ended while stopped and it was again, decent install and good color matching.. other than the fact that my driver door panel dropped right off and I couldn't close my trunk... so it was taken care of, no biggie. i was rear ended the 2nd time on my sti by a hit and run driver so brought it in again for the same repair. this time, they drilled holes in the wheel fender wells to install (wtf). the rear portion hits the bumper guard and I'm hearing clunking noises once in awhile, elsewhere. they totally neglected to repair the side panel no damage, but was coming off and misaligned from the impact. well, I pointed it out and that's when they decide to fix it. I then brought in my z for one of the side skirt to be painted (i ran over a metal pipe or something on the freeway). couple of weeks after, it was coming apart. I just did an oil change and all of the screws came off at the bottom. I don't even know what's holding the thing on. to be fair, they did a decent job on my sister's prius (was hit while parked at a shop), although they forgot to install the headlights. this is just the beginning. they were suppose to to a CF/metal plating on my sti which they didn't do, but was included in the quote.. and they also did a sh*ttiest fabrication imaginable on the rear panel where the seat goes. They need to revamp and start firing some people and get their sh*t together. I'm not sure if I want to go back to get these issues resolved.

Last edited by Cannysage; 11-27-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:54 PM
350zion
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
I've been going to this place for about 7 years. in the last 6 months or so, I've brought in 4 cars, 6 times.

talk about quality going down the sh*ts. first time I've brought in the z to have the car repainted, the work was decent (good color matching and install), other than the friggin fact that my brand new skid plate dropped and dragged in the cement in the 3 minutes of driving off from the shop.. whatever.. they cut half of it so it won't be in the way no biggie. Then my Sti.. got rear ended while stopped and it was again, decent install and good color matching.. other than the fact that my driver door panel dropped right off and I couldn't close my trunk... so it was taken care of, no biggie. i was rear ended the 2nd time on my sti by a hit and run driver so brought it in again for the same repair. this time, they drilled holes in the wheel fender wells to install (wtf). the rear portion hits the bumper guard and I'm hearing clunking noises once in awhile, elsewhere. they totally neglected to repair the side panel no damage, but was coming off and misaligned from the impact. well, I pointed it out and that's when they decide to fix it. I then brought in my z for one of the side skirt to be painted (i ran over a metal pipe or something on the freeway). couple of weeks after, it was coming apart. I just did an oil change and all of the screws came off at the bottom. I don't even know what's holding the thing on. to be fair, they did a decent job on my sister's prius (was hit while parked at a shop), although they forgot to install the headlights. this is just the beginning. they were suppose to to a CF/metal plating on my sti which they didn't do, but was included in the quote.. and they also did a sh*ttiest fabrication imaginable on the rear panel where the seat goes. They need to revamp and start firing some people and get their sh*t together. I'm not sure if I want to go back to get these issues resolved.

U need to rethink where your going and get a new shop. Whats to be NOT SURE about? They have had their chances man as far as I would be concerned.. Get a real body shop

/THREAD.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:17 PM
R3belzBRN

what a luck.. 4 accidents in 4 months. if i were u..i would do the repairs at another bodywork shop..
Old 11-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

that's what you get for tryin to save a buck.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
spinviper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why you keep going back ?
Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Cannysage

most of you guys may not know, but it was once a very reputable shop in socal.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:49 PM
johzp

^reputable.....may be the case for only quite a few, before you posted this I heard that they only take care of their friends and such....otherwise they will do a sht job on your car.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:30 PM
calin
Banned

They did a really nice paint match when I had my bumper and side skirts painted there. The only thing I wasn't too happy about was them using screws to make my sides fit better without asking me first. Plus they give people false price quotes. They'll quote you a price and then change it when you go in
Old 11-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This really sucks to hear that you keep getting hosed, I would try to talk get them to fix the issues and be persistent about it or go somewhere else.

For my own future bodywork needs; FreshZ and his family have a shop here in Redondo Beach that I will be using going forward.

Mardikian Automotive Center
4925 Marine Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260-1250
(310) 978-1444 ‎
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 AM
halfrice

i thought m1 was closed for a while now, they moved all their business to dtm
Old 11-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by johzp
^reputable.....may be the case for only quite a few, before you posted this I heard that they only take care of their friends and such....otherwise they will do a sht job on your car.
+1 reputable until people found out about their rep.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM
IDrm350

Originally Posted by Waizzz
This really sucks to hear that you keep getting hosed, I would try to talk get them to fix the issues and be persistent about it or go somewhere else.

For my own future bodywork needs; FreshZ and his family have a shop here in Redondo Beach that I will be using going forward.

Mardikian Automotive Center
4925 Marine Avenue, Lawndale, CA 90260-1250
(310) 978-1444 ‎
Can they do fiberglass work Wais? I'm looking to have some paint work done when my tax return comes in. I need minor fiberglass repair, fitting, and paint work done...
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by IDrm350
Can they do fiberglass work Wais? I'm looking to have some paint work done when my tax return comes in. I need minor fiberglass repair, fitting, and paint work done...
Their shop has been in business forever, give them a call and I'm sure they can take care of it.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
FRESH Z

Originally Posted by IDrm350
Yes we do. LMK.

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Their shop has been in business forever, give them a call and I'm sure they can take care of it.
Thanks Waizzz
Old 11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Originally Posted by FRESH Z
Yes we do. LMK.

Thanks Waizzz

Yeahhh boy
Old 11-29-2010, 07:26 PM
VolkZ

seems like u've been in alot of accidents..
Old 11-29-2010, 11:00 PM
LaoSiFu

FRESH Z,

Can you quote me a price on filling in my Varis air duct on my front bumper. I want to remove the duct now and I can't just leave it empty. FYI it is a Nismo V1 front bumper. No paint is necessary. Thanks!!!

~Robert
Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
IDrm350

Originally Posted by FRESH Z
Yes we do. LMK.
Sweet, def will do. I've been looking for a shop I can trust for almost a year now.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
threetothefour

oh wow... this aint first i heard bad story about m1...
Old 11-30-2010, 11:26 AM
General_Malice

m1 is still open?

Quick Reply: M1 Autobody= Ghetto installers