Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

new to san diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
johndoesdamage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to san diego

Hi I just got stationed in the Navy base on 32nd street in San Diego,Im from Las Vegas I drive a 05 AT vert Z...I had some mods done to it but I heard the emissions are really strict here in California and I dont know anyone down here so I started trying to return my car back to stock,my car is currently still in Las Vegas but hoping to bring it down here in about 2 weeks,I currently need bolts for the plenum cover,an airbox,and cats and the oem exhaust...I want to mod my car again once I bring it here and wanted to know if running tp's will pass as long as I do the non fouler mod and add some resistors to my o2 sensors? We dont have visual inspections in Las Vegas and as long as there isnt a cel u pass...Thanks for the feedback
Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
iheartmyz

don't know too much about the CA smog laws and such, but i'm on the 32nd street base, keep an eye out for a Chrome Silver Z with black te-37s, 15% tint, single exhaust and 6k hids...there's a ton of **** to do out here...
Old 02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Jarred@Z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

just dont title it in cali. so you dont have to worry about emissions.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
dope619

hey if you can keep your car registered in vegas, then you can keep your nevada plates, therefore exempt from smog. i'm from naturally shitty (national city), and i recommend you try a california burrito. The malls are plaza bonita, fashion valley, mission valley, horton plaza, and mexican food is da shiznit. If your still into going out to clubs and whatnot, then hit up the gaslamp district for all the fun at night time.

edit- as for smog in ca, you could always try to find a friend with a shop and pay up, which is pretty easy, but dont take a chance and try to smog if it wont pass visual.

Last edited by dope619; 02-07-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
sdZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^
If your from National City then why does your sig say South East?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
dope619

pm me if you wanna ask about san diego geography
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
sdZ33

lol... simon...
it's a simple question... lol

Last edited by sdZ33; 02-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM
kajuraelai

East san diego is garbage :P <3 jk
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
sdZ33

Originally Posted by kajuraelai
East san diego is garbage :P <3 jk
haha
Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Chomorro

Originally Posted by johndoesdamage
Hi I just got stationed in the Navy base on 32nd street in San Diego,Im from Las Vegas I drive a 05 AT vert Z...I had some mods done to it but I heard the emissions are really strict here in California and I dont know anyone down here so I started trying to return my car back to stock,my car is currently still in Las Vegas but hoping to bring it down here in about 2 weeks,I currently need bolts for the plenum cover,an airbox,and cats and the oem exhaust...I want to mod my car again once I bring it here and wanted to know if running tp's will pass as long as I do the non fouler mod and add some resistors to my o2 sensors? We dont have visual inspections in Las Vegas and as long as there isnt a cel u pass...Thanks for the feedback
I just smogged fine last month with headers, intake, plenum spacer, exhaust, pulleys, osiris. As long as your pass the emissions part a lot of smog places will pass you.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:38 PM
johndoesdamage

Hahah yea being from Vegas as soon as I got here went into gaslamp district and got pretty wasted lol double deuce is a pretty cool place...yea I've tried California burritos they sell them in las Vegas lol what's best is when ur parents own a Mexican restaurant and u can make ur own California burritos lol....what ship was it that one of u is stationed on? I'm on the stockdale DDG 106 it's on deployment and I meet up with them in march...I was thinking about registering car in Vegas,and bringing it overhere but Idk how I'm gonna be able to get the parking stickers the MA's check at the gates?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:43 PM
johndoesdamage

Well my mods were...5/15 ms spacer,ur underdrive crank pulley,ground kit,pop charger,headers,resonated tp's,2.5" custom dual magnaflow exhaust,and unichip. Right now I just have the pulley and the exhaust I'm debating buying another set of tp's but I guess f**k it gonna go ahead and order some...
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
dope619

Originally Posted by johndoesdamage
Hahah yea being from Vegas as soon as I got here went into gaslamp district and got pretty wasted lol double deuce is a pretty cool place...yea I've tried California burritos they sell them in las Vegas lol what's best is when ur parents own a Mexican restaurant and u can make ur own California burritos lol....what ship was it that one of u is stationed on? I'm on the stockdale DDG 106 it's on deployment and I meet up with them in march...I was thinking about registering car in Vegas,and bringing it overhere but Idk how I'm gonna be able to get the parking stickers the MA's check at the gates?
friends w/ out of state plates have stickers and get on base here, is it different in the navy?? im stationed up in bay. oh yeah and chomorro is right, you can pass smog, as long as your emissions pass. be aware there are dckhead testers though that ask for carb stickers for ev er raythang

Last edited by dope619; 02-07-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
pizzato16

< Navy Stationed on Coronado.

Youll have no prob getting on base with out of state plates as long as its registered there. All you need for the stickers is your regi, license, id proof of insurance ( if ya didnt already know). Dont register in CA if you enjoy your car mods and paying little for registration each year. Test Pipes will not pass emissions testing in CA unless you can find a hook up.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
sssmasss

get some tacos bro!!!

there is a great taco shop named El Gordo on Highland Avenue in national city! it is great!

i normally took the 805 south and exit plaza then turn right on plaza and then make a left on highland! the taco shop is on your right!! cannot miss it!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:29 PM
iheartmyz

I'm on the USS Benfold DDG 65...just went in the yards less than a week ago so i have A LOT of time on my hands now, i go drifting pretty regularly and i go downtown probably too much. let me know if you need anything

p.s. my PA plates get me out of a lot of crap with the popo, you should stick with your NV plates if at all possible

Last edited by iheartmyz; 02-07-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
dope619

Originally Posted by sssmasss
get some tacos bro!!!

there is a great taco shop named El Gordo on Highland Avenue in national city! it is great!

i normally took the 805 south and exit plaza then turn right on plaza and then make a left on highland! the taco shop is on your right!! cannot miss it!!
tacos el gordo is bomb, but hands down... better then TJ fish tacos are on bonita road.... look up TJ OYSTER BAR.
1$ fish tacos taht are BOMB.....
Old 02-08-2011, 03:36 AM
johndoesdamage

Lol I like all the taco comments,yea so I'm just gonna register it in Vegas before I come here...im in tpu working with force protection because my ships on deployment this is my first ship just got out of bootcamp dec3rd lol
Old 02-08-2011, 03:44 AM
dope619

i had a ship out of bootcamp too, it was a 270' cutter, and i was designated a fireman as an e3.. fun times in da engine room
Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 AM
iheartmyz

shittttt well get some tpu bitches and hit me up. i live at the pacific beacon, i'll show you booters how to drink hahaha

Quick Reply: new to san diego