Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Anyone showing or going to Import Showoff 12-13?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Mr B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't have a camera, sorry. Plus I was a little tipsy near the end of the show. I just got so bored.
Was good seeing most of you. I was going to approach you LBC TRD, but you were sitting in your car and on the phone. Didn't wanna bother ya. Anyway, Elaine and I had fun even though there weren't many spectators. In fact, everyone walking around probably had a show car. Basically, entry fee was too damn expensive but it was probably the most fierce competition I've seen to date. Our BMW champion only got 3rd! I'm just happy we won team. Oh, and the fact that Bucky stayed at the show a lot longer than I expected. That was fun.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:18 PM
LBC TRD

Whatsup Mr.B.. Congrats on your trophy!! your car was my fav. 350z that i saw (beside mine that is! jk).. i saw you walking around too but when i was at your car you werent there.. i was in my car blasting the heater and seat warmers because i was freezing my *** off!! I was going delerious at the end of the show from boredom and from being hung over from the night before..

Nice meeting all the fellow Z owners Jason, Mr.Twisted, etc..

Garage Life congrats, you guys have a lot of nice cars and weren't all crazy "team represent" like a lot of the other teams were, yelling ang chanting etc. haha... your crew seems more humble.. so i'm happy that you guys won..
Old 12-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Elitemotion

ya congrats guys on the wins and ur car is VERY nice mrtwisted expecially for being non-sponsored so is everyone elses Z of course.. funny how much competition there is in the Z by itself compared to anyother model of a car right now

paul and I took a lot of pics n hopefully have them all up soon hehe...
Old 12-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt find out they were serving beer till later in the afternoon

I like the girls in the red shorts, but I liked the ones that were dressed all like gothic school girls better
Old 12-15-2003, 08:08 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

There were so many nice Z's at that show. Ive never seen so many nice cars in one building since SEMA. Congratulations Mr. B!

Btw, who took 1st was it the Style King Z or Jada Toy Z or someone else?
Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by LBC TRD
Whatsup Mr.B.. Congrats on your trophy!! your car was my fav. 350z that i saw (beside mine that is! jk)..

Garage Life congrats, you guys have a lot of nice cars and weren't all crazy "team represent" like a lot of the other teams were, yelling ang chanting etc. haha... your crew seems more humble.. so i'm happy that you guys won..

hehe, yea, i seem to like mr.b's car more than mine too it was prolly your favorite cuz it was shiny hehe, j/k...looking foward to matching you once i get my kit on mr.b!! (hehe thats if me& colin can finally work it out)
Old 12-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Elitemotion

na think it was the APR Style King.. i didn't have half my pieces in my car till a hour after the 15mins after roll in judging lol
Old 12-15-2003, 08:41 PM
LBC TRD

BlackTrack: You didnt win anything?? Your car is insane!! w/ the twin turbos.. i want!

EliteMotion: i didnt meet you but i think you had that widebody? if so thats a really nice car.. the art n' motion widebody has an amazing paintjob.. but i dont like the rims..

Daytona350z: how much is that kit you're getting? i like that one mr.B had.. pm me w/ details.. i want one! either that or the c-west cf lip.. mmmmmm carbon fiber....

car shows make me want to spend the money i dont have on my car.. and after hearing Jason's flywheel.. man!

Another student loan?? hahah!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Elitemotion

blacktrack won 3rd place, 2nd place went to Mr.B, 1st i think went to the APR styleking..

Yes I have the widebody veilside kit, the JadaToys one.. were you the one that asked Jason to rev his engine to hear his flywheel when 2 white guys were talking to him? if so im the tall one =P

got sum funny pic's that francine dee let me take too
Old 12-15-2003, 09:05 PM
LBC TRD

were you wearing a hat? yeah he revved it.. its insane sounds like a bike.. i want that too now.. damnit..

nice ride btw.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:10 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

yeah we won 3rd... Elitemotion I like your interior and how everything is color coordinated. Nice job on the car... the 1st time I saw it was at SEMA too.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:16 PM
LBC TRD

My bad congrats.. i guess So Cal is where its at for tight 350's.. we should have a meet sometime

Anyone have hookups on either a CF V1 lip or C-West?
Old 12-15-2003, 09:20 PM
Red6

It was a great show (too bad there wasnt alot of spectators). It was nice seeing and meeting some old and new faces.

Mr.B and Big Black Track congrats again. Im gald that the 350Z was well represented.

Jason thanks for showing us your fly wheel all I can say is holly ish. Also thanks for the suggestion on the high flow cats.

It was also cool talking to Albert and Lee from Team Showcase. There nice guys and their team is top notch.

I think the Art N Motion 350z one first place. I know his name is Brett and I think hes the one who got first.

Anyways it was a great show alot of nice Z's. A few nice models too.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Elitemotion

Thanks LBC and BlackTrack.. also it was the first time it was at a show during SEMA thats why been trying to keep it on the down low until its finished lol... the trunk should be ready for LA Autoshow hopefully and a couple other suprises that creative audio has been thinking of should be done with soon

and no I didn't have a hat on.. i had a gray nike shirt and tan pants and i usually have a camera in my hands
Old 12-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was nice meeting alot of you! I need to figure out the faces with the screen names now... I remember LBC TRD and his super loud single exhaust! WOWIE!

hopefully see you all again some time soon...

when is the next meet
Old 12-17-2003, 06:29 AM
Mr Twisted

How does one get the judgeing results Would like to know to see what I have to work on.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:05 AM
Mr B

They usually won't release their judging notes unless you're pretty tight with someone in charge.

Thanks for the congrats! I really was surprised to even get a trophy with all the tough competition! I think I should trade mine with bbbt though.

The Art N Motion Z owned by Brett was the one that won. I knew he'd get first place, if not Nissan Showoff, from the moment he drove the car to the show. That car is pretty crazy.

I say we all meet up one day and just hang out. Besides, it'd be a pretty scene just seeing a handful of really nicely fixed up Z's. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Jason. I went outside to talk to Jeff and ran back inside cuz it was too damn cold!

Anyway, keep me posted if you guys wanna meet up.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Mr Twisted

I don't see why? Its after the fact. The show over. Unless it's to hide some internal politics. As a new comer to the import scene, I'd like to see how I did against ALL the cars not just against the Z's, This information should be made public by the promoters so we know the show is on the up and up and not a popularity contest for a few insiders.

I run shooting competitions for some 3 hundred compeditors and we always post the results of the first place to the last place finishers. They have the sheets, we paid the $50 whats the problem.

I'm not saying the winners didn't deserve to win,because they cleaner put in the time and money, I'm saying I'd like to know what my numbers were ,against the class winner numbers and the overall winners #s

Were the judges a part of the promoting organisation or independent or buddies of the winners.? The Nissan judges were pretty young and seemed to be very tired by the time they got to our cars.

If you have any pull with the promoters and the #s are still available My car was #567 Jeffs was 566 and Jasons was 568

Pm me the results if you can get them thanks

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 12-17-2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Elitemotion

welcome to the real world of car judgingg... its currupted the Nissan wasnt bad this time though... but you'll understand once you show more.. its always about who you know 90% of the time.. none of the shows have really figured a way around this yet.. i was actually talking to a friend of mine (lisa that owns the white supra) about this last night and no matter what, if you get "independant" judges than they know nothing and everyone gets pissed, you get judges that know about cars than everyone gets pissed cause they're connected to some someone or car club.. ken (the guy that runs showoff) even says he is tired of the judging and still waiting on someone to figure out a good way to do it cause everyway that has been tried so far someone is pissed about it or it doesn't work out right.

Not saying the judging on the Nissan class was bad this time as like we have all said there was hella competition and could have gone anyway in my opinion between the 1-3rd places.. remember each show judges different also, showoff goes for more of a overall complete car to win.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Mr Twisted

I'm not pissed off, far from it, I learned a lot and will do better in other shows. The competition was tough. When BBBT gets 3rd, you know it's tough. Big bucks to win a little trophy... It's about the people who appreciate a nice car to bad we didn't see to many of them.

looking forward to seeing you guys again in the near future.

Last edited by Mr Twisted; 12-17-2003 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone showing or going to Import Showoff 12-13?