Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Socal Scammer

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Socal Scammer

Just wanted to throw this out there so that nobody else get's scammed by this dude.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=985272

BEWARE: Socal Scammer
On Sunday 1/22 I drove out to chino To buy an HKS SSQV IV BOV from a guy named Chris Huynh. As some of you have known I have been looking for some turbo parts for my build. Chris was selling some BOV’s New in box from “HIS” Company ….”MP AUTO STYLINGS” that was based out of chino. He and his partner had Ordered 120 BOV’s and stored them in a warehouse, supplying local shops with parts…The day I went to meet him He had to run to his warehouse to pick up two BOV’s. One for Me and one for MY buddy.

Chris Knew that I was looking for authentic parts, I told him how I was shopping around the forum and was waiting on a member to provide me proof of authenticity before I made payment, But assured me that he only carried Authentic parts, That these parts he and his friends run on their cars ect. Before I left to meet him I checked as many websites as I could before I left to make sure I knew what to look for and all I could find at the time was “look for hks holograms, extra fins from version 3 to version 4 ect” There wasn’t a whole lot of info out there on google ect…

I Met chris at a starbucks in chino on his “lunch break”…Checked out the BOV’s and everything checked out ok from what I knew. I asked him where he gets his parts and he said they get them directly from a dealer, they only sell authentic parts and he looks into everything he sells specifically. He stated he also sells FMIC’s, Hydro e-brakes and Seats, body kits ect…After Buying Both of the BOV’s I was sure I had a good product….

My buddy decided to run his blitz BOV instead, so I posted one of the BOV for sale here on the forum where some , members helped me to find out that I was scammed and that the ones I had purchased were a new Type of Version 4 Replicas…

I looked up “MP Auto Stylings” in chino and no business existed, no address, no phone number, no website….His email , was labeled MP auto Stylings when we were talking back and forth Via Email. I only knew chris’s first name and his contact number…I didn’t want to text or call him to confront him on selling me fake parts because he could have just as easily turned off his phone, or blocked my number….So I texted him telling him I was interested in buying one of his FMIC’s, and made it look like I was going to be a repeat buyer. This was yesterday 1/24……I showed up to meet chris with 3 Chino Police officers…And confronted him about his Replica parts and asked for My money back, He denied that they were Replicas….So I told him I Have proof, Documentation, Pictures To prove it….After showing him the Differences he admitted that they must be replicas and “he didn’t know”….

One Of the Cops took his ID and Got a Business Card, The Business card had his name on it and he worked for “PLATINUM VIP” Out of Irwindale. He didn’t have a business card to MP Auto Stylings….He didn’t have the cash on him, because he just dumped his money into that intercooler I told him I wanted, so he Told me he would have to return the intercooler and he can refund me my money tommarow. That “I am a business man, I don’t need a bad reputation and that all I had to do was call him in the first place”…HE agreed to this in front of the police, we shook hands and went our separate ways…

Today is the day we were supposed to Meet, I have not heard from him once, Hes ignored my calls from my cell, and others as well, Avoided my text messages ect ect…Today I called PLATINUM VIP and talked to Kennedy the Shop owner about chris, wether or not he was employed there and explained how Chris Huynh Is selling REPLICA Parts to people, Claiming that they are authentic, SCAMMING THEM FOR THEIR MONEY…..UNDER PLAT VIP SHOP NAME WEARING PLAT VIP SHOP CLOTHES AND BUSINESS CARDS…..Kennedy said that Chris hasn’t worked there in 6 months, that hes represents the Shop at Car events and that’s pretty much it, but he was going to look into it personally ….as this affects his shop reputation…He has kept in contact with me as well. Thank you .
I Am looking For any Information, on CHRIS HUYNH So I can help the local authorities. I am Sure I am not the only one that has been scammed by this guy, But I MAY BE the only guy willing to do something about it…. as I have contacted a few people just off of craigslist itself and will be working together with them, To set things right.

I am not soo much pissed that I got Ripped off for MYYYY BOV, But for TWO BOV’s I paid For. Chris shook hands on the refund and he backed out….I gave him multiple phone calls today, and not one was ever answered. He knew that Not refunding me my money that the police would be Involved, yet still chose not to refund my money…Even though he shook hands and said to the police officers that he would refund my money…Now im pissed off….

Chris Huynh Drives a black Lexus is300, Lives in the Chino Hills Area and I met him off of Grand ave and Pipeline Starbucks. I would Assume this is his normal meeting spot to scam people. If anyone has any information or has been ripped off by this guy please let me know so I can use it to help the authorities and help get you justice as well……DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY! BE WARNED!

Moderators please keep an eye out, I’ve seen his posts on a few forums Scamming his own Fellow Members.

Last edited by dvo; 01-26-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I'm shocked that the police even showed up. Really shocked.

I hope he gets his money back. I'm sure the SoCal dudes appreciate this post.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe he told the guy, in front of the police, that he would give the money back and hasn't given the money back to guy. Seems like the infection of scammers are everywhere in car groups.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:51 PM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

it's unbelievable that the cops actually went along with this meet, then went away with no real resolution.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Angel55

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smh...What a dumb @$$. You never buy stuff on the street or else you end up just like what he did....no refunds.

Last edited by Angel55; 01-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
clarkah

What if the guy had a fake id...
Old 01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
TheDangerZone

Officer, I sweat this is me

Old 02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDangerZone