Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

The Scourge's Views of The Club Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Scourge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The Scourge's Views of The Club Questions.

Aloha again boyz and girlz!!!!

A Z car is a Z car is a Z car.

240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX Z31, 300ZX Z32,

350Z's

Welcome to the family, kid, pull up a chair and siddown. I'm gonna tell you a little story.

I feel the need to chime in with my proverbial 2 pence here for a moment, then back to the beach and my Tiki drink.

I have a VERY Unique perspective on this situation, and I must say there is a lot of energy being expended for counter productive items. Let's put on a vollyball game to see who's right.

Do you have YOUR Limited edition 350Z numbered three booklet set?? I have Mine. Number 1670 of 5000 made.

A Very Nice Freebie from Nissan for being a silly ol' dues paying Z Club member. The bugger could prolly fetch a pretty penny on ebay if I were so inclined.

(Due to being a DUES paying member of a ZCCA member club - That's the National Z Car Club Association www.zcca.org all the ZCCA clubs got some for their members.)

Do you know that when Z clubs started in 1970, there was only one kinda car. THE Z.

1974 When the 260Z came out, they were DIFFERENT!!! but club bylaws were amended to add them.

1974 1/2 the Fat bumper cars came out. Then there were fat bumper skinny bumper factions. My dog's shinier than your dog.

1975 EWWWW fuel infection.

1979 Yukkk, what's this ZX thing???

1984 Poop why a V-6????

1990 Twin Turbo Jellybean??

1996 Nissan wants how much for a WHAT???

1997-2002 Fairlady Z still produced in Japan.

2003 Z33 350Z's become the re-birth of the Z line.

2004 some Z33 owners re- initiate small bumper / fat bumper argument from 30 years ago, with 2003 pre-orders and delivery vs 2004 350Z some bugs worked out cars.

I will freely admit Bias about Group Z.

National Z Car Convention in Atlanta 1995 we didnt have squat No Newsletter, no Prez, no Money. Our old Prez bailed, club was broke, and no hope on the horizon with the impending death of the 300ZX. We elected new officers, held fundraisers, bought and sold stuff in the club store, and began to build a club treasury. We are non profit, but that doesn't mean we dont have money to make t-shirt orders, or club stationary, or any darn Group Z thing the board decided to make.

I was Prez of Group Z for two years, then after a break, again another because I thought I could make a difference. I ponied up the buxx, learned about the club, did the newsletter for years, the chance came, and I threw my hat into the ring. Damned if there werent more people who felt as I did. Our Board Gathers, decisions are made, and all input is accepted, regardless of how silly it may be.

I did a lotta stuff to promote the club, and make sure that club members scored any and all freebies possible. We put a lot of fun runs and events together, and I have some great friends, pictures, and memories of this.

Break it all down, It's the PEOPLE. Granted, there are some people I don't socialize with as often as others, some by choice, some that go to events I dont attend, and others they dont attend those that I end up at.

If you want to be an active participant, the benefit of any organized club or group will be easily seen, as it pools the talents of the members so the cumulative sum of the parts is greater than any single piece. If you choose not to attend, you still have made a choice.

You can spend $30 on less than a tank of gas, and you get far less benefit than your dues in the club.

The Benefits of the Z club membership include, but are not limited to: Newsletters; Discounts at Z suppliers, vendors, and repair/service facilities; special event invitations; special items given to the club by Z related businesses for distribution to the members; a resource for more Z information than your little melon can handle.

I've owned over 100 Z's znd ZX's, from 10/69 s/n hls30-00051 to my 350z's that all made me good money when I sold them. I've been a Z pimp for years, and will continue to push all Z related things. period.

I'm not saying that anyone should do anything they would normally not do. If Starting a club and learning the growing pains is high on your priority list, please don't let me stop the re-invention process. I'm simply advocating that there are ways far simpler to make it inclusive, rather than Exclusive.

If I can help anyone do or set-up anything Z Related, please let me know, I'm in. I'll even bring my silly old school 1972 yellow g-nose 240Z out to all the 350Z G35 events just to get laughed at my 32 mpg machine.

Meantime, I wish that there can be a little less attitude, and a little more of Point....Counterpoint.

Join, anti-join, unjoin, whatever floats your boat.

I love you guys, Warts and all, You Make Me Raff (Gung-ho reference).

Cheeers!!

Charlie

Last edited by Scourge; 04-27-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:55 PM
BoostTed

Default Re: The Scourge's Views of The Club Questions.

Originally posted by Scourge

Break it all down, It's the PEOPLE. Granted, there are some people I don't socialize with as often as others, some by choice, some that go to events I dont attend, and others they dont attend those that I end up at.

If I can help anyone do or set-up anything Z Related, please let me know, I'm in. I'll even bring my silly old school 1972 yellow g-nose 240Z out to all the 350Z G35 events just to get laughed at my 32 mpg machine.

Yup its all about the people. Cars come and go, in a few years a lot will probably not even have their Z anymore, but the friendships that they make while owning the Z will last a lifetime.

Got a yellow 70 something Z and a silver 78 280x in my back yard as well. I'm playing babysitter for my friend cause he bought one too many Z's and has no more space at his house. Who said new and old Z onwers dont get along I think he's on the verge of kicking my *** though, I keep threatening him that Im parting his car's out to more deserving Z owners.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:11 AM
cbwidebodyz

hey charlie,
how have you been.. heard anything on the new 450z? hope life is treating you well..
kash..
Old 04-28-2004, 09:30 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Nicely put Charlie