Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

First 500 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 07:42 PM
GM-West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 500 Miles

Hello everyone! Just thought I would give a little journal entry for my first few days with the Z.

I’ve never owned a Z or any Nissan before this one. As I mentioned on another post I drove a Z Roadster as a rental car in Miami and really started to like the Z and found a lot of respect for it.

With the exception of minor issues like the interior door panels, from personal experience I can honestly say that the Z can handle its own, next to sports cars costing two if not three times as much.

I’m now a fan for life of this car I had no idea had a lot to offer in a very reasonable priced package. The Z has soul.

Okay so here goes the little journal bit: I pull into a gas station and some girl walks up and asks me for the time. Then she tells me how “cool looking” the door handles are. She asks me if she can open the door and look inside, while I’m cleaning the windshield. She says “too bad it’s an auto.” And after some small talk she starts walking away and says “I would love to have sex in your car.” I’m not interested in all that, but it was shocking to say the least and I can say nothing like that has ever happened while driving other cars costing 2 or 3 times as much as the Z.

Last night, top down, driving down Wilshire in Santa Monica, some guy, pulls up next to me at a light and asks “Where did you get that car.” “Are you someone famous?” “That’s a nice ride dog.” Everyday, I’ve been out in the Z, I get comments about the car right next to Lambo’s and Ferraris. I have another roadster that cost me 2 and half times as much as the Z and it doesn’t get half the amount of comments as the Z.

It’s a fun little car and my only problems after close to 500 miles; are the squeaky brakes, steering to the right and the Nav door stopped opening for a while. Will have it taken back to the dealer soon.

One last thing: Z owners for the most part seem to be people who know how to relax and have fun. I mention this in comparison to owners of higher priced sports cars and or luxury cars.

GM