Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

**6/5/04 Stillen Meet Pics**

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Wicked4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else think the Dyno numbers on Stillen's Stage 3 supercharger were not impressive? My favorite quote of the day, and I hope STILLEN reads this... This came from their announcer...

"Thats 334RWHP and keep in mind people, that this is on an EXTREMELLY HOT DAY!" On a cooler day it would make more power...

BUAHAHA!! That made my day, did that sound like BS or what? First off, regardless of the warm NOT EXTREMELLY HOT day. The HOOD was open on the car and had a HUGE fan blowing cool air into it... It isn't going to get any cooler than that? Just think about it, the minute you start driving around that thing will have so much heat soak and your 334rwhp will= more like 300.. ANYHOW, just thought that was quite funny... Anyone else think their front bumper is an espirit copy mixed with a porsche 911 front bumper (the holes) and the Greddy side skirts and nismo rear?
Old 06-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

had fun as always... my poor skin... i am sooo sun burnt from yesturday and today... it sux0rs...

but woo hoo!! i got to eat food!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:07 AM
the O.Z.

I saw one with Z33 on it there... it was alot cooler than Z 35... hahaha

Originally posted by dczoner
Yeah, Z35 I don't really get... But its making me wonder if Z33 would be kinda cool... Hmmm...

Great pics... And I'm at the office! Damn!
Old 06-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great meet.

Bat™
Old 06-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Beer Goggles

I posted some pictures on the motoring site if anybody wants to look.

Nice meeting some of you guys...even if you are the devil!
Old 06-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
my poor skin... i am sooo sun burnt from yesturday and today...

I know what you mean bro working the event with little hair on my head killed my head.....Jason where is my padded knee rest..
Old 06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Did anyone else think the Dyno numbers on Stillen's Stage 3 supercharger were not impressive? My favorite quote of the day, and I hope STILLEN reads this... This came from their announcer...

"Thats 334RWHP and keep in mind people, that this is on an EXTREMELLY HOT DAY!" On a cooler day it would make more power...

BUAHAHA!! That made my day, did that sound like BS or what? First off, regardless of the warm NOT EXTREMELLY HOT day. The HOOD was open on the car and had a HUGE fan blowing cool air into it... It isn't going to get any cooler than that? Just think about it, the minute you start driving around that thing will have so much heat soak and your 334rwhp will= more like 300.. ANYHOW, just thought that was quite funny... Anyone else think their front bumper is an espirit copy mixed with a porsche 911 front bumper (the holes) and the Greddy side skirts and nismo rear?
I agree also cuz the numbers are corrected for such conditions IE temperature and what now. Why else would my dyno be on par with every other stage 2 z32 that whole (colder air intercooler blah blah doesn't apply) my car made 265 with intake and exhaust chip is proven 60 dyno hp which would bring me to 300 to be conservative. And that stillen supercharger is how much.... I do totaly agree with you though. Although intercoolers operate better at interstate speed the point is that a dyno is a dyno and a intercooler is an intercooler so if the same fan is blowing the same amount of air its fine plus the numbers are SAE corrected so it doesn't matter...
Old 06-06-2004, 10:34 PM
la300zxtt

My post from tt.net

Ok let me start off by saying I'm only Stage 2 but with my current mods I'm very happy with the results because it took me 9 months to get the car from where it was to where it today from having a motor installed completely incorrectly and having my tranny not all the way tight on my engine. To a car that idles perfect gets great gas mileage and is fun to drive. Enjoy the results as much as I did.

It was cool because there weren't many Z32's that showed up and I got a lot of props on the car (and a lot for the rims but go figure...) To the point that I got chased down by a g35 sedan after leaving to go to another meet. Just makes me an even prouder owner.

On to the pics:

I'm very curious as to what other members think of my dyno weather or not that’s good with current mods. Engine performance mods Listed bellow:

Stillen Intake Hoses
Stillen Pop Charger
HKS Boost Controller EVC 4 (Not quite working so it’s off and set to stock 9psi)
HKS Turbo II Exhaust

I had fun and glad to see some old faces and meet some new people see u guys on the 26th.

Last edited by la300zxtt; 06-06-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:12 AM
skk100

Whats wrong with you? What HP numbers would be impressive to you? 334 rwhp? thats more than 100 extra hp from stock.

"""Did anyone else think the Dyno numbers on Stillen's Stage 3 supercharger were not impressive? My favorite quote of the day, and I hope STILLEN reads this... This came from their announcer..."""""
Old 06-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Didn't someone from the last Stillen meet had a close to 300whp n/a dyno on the same dyno machine? can't remember....
Old 06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Somoene told me someone totaled their car 5 miles away from the event either on the way there or leaving...

who was it?
Old 06-07-2004, 12:06 PM
EL Diablo

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
Somoene told me someone totaled their car 5 miles away from the event either on the way there or leaving...

who was it?
It was a G35
it wasnt 5 miles away it was right outside the event.
right by the corner where the security guard was.

it happened While we were all eating lunch.
The G35 was hit bad, heard the driver was hurt and needed an ambulance.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:07 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

no ****! who was it? who hit him?!??!

horrible to hear!
Old 06-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Beer Gogglez

That sucks.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Egbert Souse

Default Sorry to hear about the crash

I hope the G35 owner is OK.

Re: 334 rwhp dyno - IMHO Stillen's 350Z mods suck rocks. Their roots-type SC doesn't make nearly the rwhp of the centifugal SC's like Vortech, and you have to buy an ugly new hood and give up your strut brace to install the Stillen SC. Also, their exhaust weighs 25 lbs. MORE than stock. I thought we were trying to shed weight!

I'm sure Stillen puts on a nice open house, but the best 350Z mods are to be found elsewhere.

2003 Silverstone Track (NAV & all options except side airbags)
Competition wheels and tires: Nismo 5-spoke forged 18" x 18.5" front, 18" x 9.5" rear,
with Kuhmo Ecsta MX 245/40/18 front, 275/35/18 rear
Street wheels and tires: Stock Rays forged 18" Track wheels with Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position tires, 225/45/18 front, 255/45/18 rear
Nismo Limited Slip Differential
Tilton 8 lb. Flywheel
Tilton Rally Clutch
Tein Coil Overs with Electronic Damping Control
Nismo S-tune Swaybars
Crawford Strut Brace
TechnoSquare ECU - custom flash
Nismo R-tune Cams
Crawford Plenum
Borla Headers
UR Racing Pulleys
RT High-flow Cats
JWT Popcharger Intake
Borla Dual Cat-back Exhaust
Z-xtreme Grounding Kit
Drilled Titanium Pedals
Airbag Cut-off Switch (passenger side)

What's Next?
EVO 3.9 Final Drive Ratio ring & pinion (if EVO is ever able to deliver it)

Here's a pic of the Axis yellow procharged Z that participated in my 350Z Challenge at Willow Springs Raceway on June 4.
Attached Thumbnails **6/5/04 Stillen Meet Pics**-350z-challenge-004.jpg  

Last edited by Egbert Souse; 06-07-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

maybe we should both do the 46cc heads at the same time
Old 06-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Beer Goggles

HP at high RPM isn't always the best thing. If you look at the graph of the Stillen SC it's very square which mean a very usable abd broad power band. We're always so obessed with HP, yet forget that torque and how the power is delivered is more important. Anybody seen 0-60 and 1/4 times for a Stillen SC?
Old 06-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by skk100
Whats wrong with you? What HP numbers would be impressive to you? 334 rwhp? thats more than 100 extra hp from stock.

"""Did anyone else think the Dyno numbers on Stillen's Stage 3 supercharger were not impressive? My favorite quote of the day, and I hope STILLEN reads this... This came from their announcer..."""""

What's wrong with you? I can spend less on another kit and be more reliable and still make 25% more power or more than the STEALER... I mean STILLEN.. That's whats up? READ UP BUDDY
Old 06-07-2004, 10:55 PM
rands

the stillen screw-type supercharger is not great if all you care about is high horsepower at high rpm. it is good for a consistent increase in torque at any engine speed. it's like dropping a v8 into your z. it probably won't win you any races against centrifugal superchargers and turbos, but it'll make for a powered-up daily driver.

as for the ugly hood bump, yeah, that thing is terrible, and all the stillen hoods look like shiat. but after looking at all those supercharged z's at stillen, i think i've gotten used to it enough that i could live with it for my car. however, the stillen strut-bar does not inspire confidence at all.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:30 AM
la300zxtt

Originally posted by skk100

Perfect example is this thread on TT.net. Perfect example of people who care about tuning and power..

http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.asp...msg_id=1276718

"Dyno chart is a for an 04 350Z stock (run#1)
with nothing but Vortech supercharger installation (untuned, and everything else stock) (run #2)
With intercooler chiller kit nothing else changed, undoubtedly sucking a little NOS into intake (run #3)
After quick install of Vortech SC kit we gained around 100 rwhp, but it was pig rich. So why not spray the FMIC and let the intake pick up a little?
Suprisingly with the NOS chiller A/F stayed rich (erractic but rich so it was safe).
It was all on pump fuel, with stock exhaust, cats, and no tuning whatsoever. Once we tune it we will clean up the Air/Fuel. Not bad for a relatively unmodified 350Z."

Quick Reply: **6/5/04 Stillen Meet Pics**