Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

August Meet Idea: How about a scavenger hunt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
dczoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking August Meet Idea: How about a scavenger hunt?

Hey folks,

I know many people have been talking about putting together a nice end-of-the-summer meet for August, so I was thinking, what about a scavenger hunt? Here's the idea:

Myself and one or two other planner/coordinators come up with a list of 30-40 things to go scavenge all throughout the LA area. All the items would have an associated "difficulty" value.

The group would meet on say a Sunday morning, preferably everyone would bring a partner/navigator/copilot and a digital camera. Then everyone would get the list and be off on their adventure to collect as many points as possible. Say it starts at like 10am, you might have until 4pm to earn your points. At the end everyone meets back together, we all grab dinner somewhere, and figure out the winner of the event. Possibly have some mild sponsorship gifts, but at least have a good day of adventuring.

In order for this to really be worthwhile we'd need at least 12-15 cars (must be Z as its presence would be necessary for some of the scavengings...). For example, lets say one of the challenges (simple 1 point challenge) would be to get a picture of you standing with your Z with the Capitol Records building in the background. Another more complicated one, say 2 points, might be to convince someone with a surfboard to take a picture with your car. (These are the sorts of things that make the digital camera a necessity - also those are just examples)... But also could be things like you have to collect a dozen different types of sugar packets, etc.

Would anyone be interested in this event? Mid-August weekend. I would need a coordinator helper (but you don't get to play) plus a signup for people that would be interested...
Old 06-29-2004, 12:09 PM
dczoner

So no interest in this?

Oh well, can't say I didn't try!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:51 PM
G35to350Z-12

Default Maybe too solo

I've heard of scavenger hunts you described working best when groups of people in one car (3-4 people in one car make a team) compete against other teams. In this case, the interaction of the people in the car creates the fun environment. Also, at the end, when people explain how they solved the problem is also fun.

In this case, each person has their own 350Z, and they will either drive solo or with one passenger max.

So during the course of the event, a peron either works on their own, or with just one person. This is the aspect that kept me from signing up.

Thanks for posting your suggestion. Try suggesting another event where there is more interaction.

Jeff D.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:25 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Offhand, I'd say a bikini car wash would be a lot more fun. Maybe we can have Larry Flynt's club host it:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=76679