Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any good street to race?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 07:41 PM
aaaaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good street to race?

near Torrance, Gardena or Palos Verdes..?(of course no cop)
Old 11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, your driveway.

Please keep all racing out of public streets.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:24 AM
aaaaa

ok i will keep that in mind...^^

bump~
Old 11-07-2004, 01:26 AM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from clubbing in LBC, had to drive the Long Beach Grand Prix course a few times

It's real easy to find, just take 710 south to the end and start following the red line in the street by the aquarium You will see the red/white rumble strips at a lot of the corners. Best time is 3:00am-5:00am on a weeknight!

(I'm joking of course.... I would never condone street racing )
Old 11-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Hm I know a few here and there but a bunch of them are getting real hot now. Stupid ricers burning every spot. btw what color Z do you own? Nice to see a local 310 enthusiast thats actually on the boards.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:05 AM
BoostTed

LACR on wensday and fridays.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 AM
jeffa

Street racing = stupidity.

I live in the area you are talking about...hope I don't meet up with you anytime soon
Old 11-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Any good street to race?

Originally posted by aaaaa
near Torrance, Gardena or Palos Verdes..?(of course no cop)
Irwindale every Thursday night,
Old 11-07-2004, 06:42 PM
03Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is it at Irwindale on Thursdays? Is it crowded? I've been to one of the Sunday sessions and it was great, almost nobody there!

How much is it to run? do you need a helmet? how many runs do you usually get?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 03Z33
How is it at Irwindale on Thursdays? Is it crowded? I've been to one of the Sunday sessions and it was great, almost nobody there!

How much is it to run? do you need a helmet? how many runs do you usually get?

Thanks
I heard that it is dying down a bit, so you can get more runs in. No helmet needed unless your car is fast. $20 to race
Old 11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
dchengmd

Yes, please keep it on the track and off the street. I have and will continue to call the cops to report any street racing I see around my neighborhood.

If you're familiar with the Torrance area and Wilson Park, you might be aware of the morons who show up at the Wilson Park parking lot for mini-drag races and burnouts late at night. It's really annoying to see/hear, especially around 3AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

haha I feel mixed about street racing in general. Yes it should be kept on the track but no matter how much one says that it's always gonna occur on the streets. I find that if it does occur I prefer it in a deserted industrial road rather than some major street like crenshaw or hawthorne where big accidents can happen. Especially with the torrance pd always hounding us imports and profiling out minorities...
Old 11-07-2004, 09:49 PM
dchengmd

First of all, if you think racing belongs on the track, then at least be consistent in your convictions and keep YOUR racing on the track. Let others do their damage on the street and see where that gets them - what, is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to race on the street?

Second - I live in Torrance (since 1997), I drive an import, and I'm a minority. I've never been stopped or harassed by the Torrance PD. Hell, I even drive around without a front license plate. Ever consider that it may not be 'profiling' that's getting you in trouble, but something about your behavior?
Old 11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by jeffa
Street racing = stupidity.

I live in the area you are talking about...hope I don't meet up with you anytime soon
Exactly my thought. Don't bring the heat onto us. I live around there too.

dchengmd
If you're familiar with the Torrance area and Wilson Park, you might be aware of the morons who show up at the Wilson Park parking lot for mini-drag races and burnouts late at night. It's really annoying to see/hear, especially around 3AM.
I've never actually done it or witnessed anyone do it before but I've always imagined Wilson Park is a *nice* place to do a little drift action. An empty lot with not too many poles. But it's so visible from Crenshaw.... who'd be stupid enough to do it there and risk getting a big fat ticket for exibition of speed???

BTW, if you can hear that in the morning, you must live in Windmere? or on the otherside of Plaza Del Amo.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

I'm not saying they're all bad but it's like this. There's a bunch of ricers who ruin it for the enthusiasts. For example, if some kid in a riced out import decides to do some stupid sh*t and thus giving the cop a reason to pull him over, by all means that was justified. But the cops then use this to generalize and stereotype all people who drive up fixed up imports as being those that street race. I know a few torrance cops as well and they're awesome guys, but the majority of their police force is highly racist. There have been numerous complaints about them in the past- racial profiling exists to a very high degree w/ TPD.

Originally posted by dchengmd
Second - I live in Torrance (since 1997), I drive an import, and I'm a minority. I've never been stopped or harassed by the Torrance PD. Hell, I even drive around without a front license plate. Ever consider that it may not be 'profiling' that's getting you in trouble, but something about your behavior?

Last edited by Street Visionz, Inc.; 11-07-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Risk

Originally posted by dchengmd
Yes, please keep it on the track and off the street. I have and will continue to call the cops to report any street racing I see around my neighborhood.

LOL!!!
Thats like saying....."street racing is wrong!! All the morons on 1st street by the dennys every second tuesday from 1am to 3am ought to be shot".
Old 11-08-2004, 07:25 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
I've never actually done it or witnessed anyone do it before but I've always imagined Wilson Park is a *nice* place to do a little drift action. An empty lot with not too many poles. But it's so visible from Crenshaw.... who'd be stupid enough to do it there and risk getting a big fat ticket for exibition of speed???
I totally agree with you here. I don't know if it's just a few people who do it, but it happens at least once a week, usually on the weekends, and late at night. And you're right - it's easily seen (and heard) from Crenshaw. I think this is the reason why these little meets don't last too long - 20-30 minutes max.

BTW, if you can hear that in the morning, you must live in Windmere? or on the otherside of Plaza Del Amo.
Yup, exactly! I'm in one of the condos in Windemere that faces Crenshaw. Some nights I've been tempted to go out on my patio with a rifle and scope and shoot out the tires of the idiots racing in the parking lot (and no, I wouldn't really do this).
Old 11-08-2004, 07:30 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by Risk
LOL!!!
Thats like saying....."street racing is wrong!! All the morons on 1st street by the dennys every second tuesday from 1am to 3am ought to be shot".
When did I ever say street racers should be shot?

My point is, there are legal (and safer) ways to get your dose of speed rather than participating in street racing. What's wrong with that statement?
Old 11-08-2004, 07:52 AM
dchengmd

Originally posted by x350Zx
I'm not saying they're all bad but it's like this. There's a bunch of ricers who ruin it for the enthusiasts. For example, if some kid in a riced out import decides to do some stupid sh*t and thus giving the cop a reason to pull him over, by all means that was justified. But the cops then use this to generalize and stereotype all people who drive up fixed up imports as being those that street race. I know a few torrance cops as well and they're awesome guys, but the majority of their police force is highly racist. There have been numerous complaints about them in the past- racial profiling exists to a very high degree w/ TPD.
I really can't say whether I believe you or not, because I haven't seen any evidence that the TPD is 'highly racist' and practices 'racial profiling'. I have my doubts, however-

1. Torrance isn't white-bread suburbia. I would estimate (roughly) that Torrance's residents are at least 15-20% Asian, 5% Hispanic, and 5-10% other non-Caucasian. That's a lot of non-whites. An awful lot to racially 'profile' as you'd have to pull over almost every other car on the street.

2. What's your source for the charge of racism and profiling in the TPD? Is it from personal experience (invalid to draw such a conclusion from), experiences of your friends or people you know (also invalid), or from some printed source? If it's the latter, I'd like to see the citation. After all, if the department is as racist as you say, I'm surprised I haven't been pulled over even once in the 7 years I've been here. And yes, I even occasionally drive out to Torrance Crossroads to pick up a burger at In 'n Out late at night, among the ricers and highschoolers. I've even parked next to a cop. Never had a problem.

3. I fail to see the difference between 'ricers' and 'enthusiasts' when it comes to street racing. It doesn't matter what you are if you're doing something that's stupid and illegal.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

ah I'm not going to get too into this but for one TPD loves picking on modified imports. I remember a few months back I was at a stoplight right behind a foxbody style mustang 5.0 Now next to me was a cruiser with 2 officers inside. This mustang was so loud at idle that my whole dash was vibrating. This car clearly had no cats at all since it smelled really bad, and his cams were very very aggressive. His car even stalled twice while waiting for the light to change. The cops didn't do anything at all, although they were staring straight at his car and smiling. Now I was in my daily beater at the the time thankfully and not in the Z. But there have been about 3 occasions where I was pulled over for having a modified exhaust system, once even while I was parked in my car eating a burger. Plus I've been w/ friends who have been pulled over for exhaust tickets repeatedly. Ask most local enthusiasts about their encounters with TPD. I've talked to quite a few lawyers about the issue and they all agree about TPD, having told me that many complaints have been filed against the department by numerous individuals. I never said that all of TPD was racist, just the majority. There are always the good cops and bad cops. But their abuse of power is overwhelming at times. Perhaps they only tend to pick on the younger crowd but a lot of it is still unjustified.

Last edited by Street Visionz, Inc.; 11-08-2004 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Any good street to race?