Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

4-Wheel Alignment in D/FW

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 07:26 PM
GoodFinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Wheel Alignment in D/FW

OK, yes I know this doesn't immediately apply to the 350Z, but you'll want to know where to take your car for proper 4-wheel performance alignments, so the subject is indeed pertinent. Besides, you like cars, I like cars, we're just in some different families at present!

At any rate, I've received several different recommendations for where to take my WRX to get a high performance 4-wheel alignment here in the D/FW Metroplex area. My "Quick Steering Rack" installation should be finished on Wednesday, and I'm hoping to get the alignment done on Friday or Saturday this week.

Looking at all the feedback (below) I received, if you know any other places I should consider, or have any strong opinions on any of the ones listed below, please let me know.

And, besides, you may be able to share some recommendations for your fellow 350Z owners, in terms of the best places in the D/FW Metroplex to get this important work done.

Thanks,

Steve Harvey
"GoodFinder"
sharvey@ts.checkpoint.com
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

---*---

I highly recommend Dallas Frame and Alignment on Fabens Rd. They're right by I-35E and Royal. 972-241-2361, talk to Bobby (owner). They do all their alignments to your specs, by hand, with tried & true bubble gauges/toe scribes/etc.

At Cobb Tuning we had Jack do all the alignments. He's still there at Rockwall Tire & Battery. He'll do whatever specs you need. The number is 972.771.1231.

There is a member that works at the City Garage in Duncanville on Cedar Ridge Rd.... he drives a 2003 WRX and has offered to personally do this type of stuff for us... it would be supporting a member and you can bring in your specs.

Autoscope
601 Coit Road
Plano, Texas 75093
Call 972.612.1713 or 972-867-7467
They also use the latest and greatest Hunter Rack
www.autoscopeltd.com

EUROSPORT AUTOMOTIVE --Also use a Hunter Rack
221 Coit Rd
Plano TX 75075
(972) 758-7576

Petersons automotive in Fort Worth is where alot of people take their car. It is north of 121 on Beach street. I'll look for the phone # and post it.

Garland Safety Lane. Ask for Paul Edison, the owner (or his dad). They did a great job on my non-factory setting.

I am on the lookout for another provider as well, but used Dallas Precision Imports in Frisco last time for my "performance" autox alignment. Gordy was very accommodating and got me exactly what I wanted. Call them at 972-335-2594.

You can take it to Town North Mazda and make sure you let them know over and over again that Don Marvel is the only one who will be doing your alignment. He does them very good and they are all wheel alignments also.

you can take it over to Cartunes (972-373-9939) he has done the alignment on his skyline GTR, I am sure he can set you up and give you a decent price

Dallas Frame & Alignment - Go south on 35 from 635. Exit Royal. Turn left at the stop sign to the feeder road thingee, turn left(East) on Royal. Turn right on Harry Hines. your 2nd right ( I think) is Fabens Rd. Turn right on Fabens. It's on your left after a few hundred yards... Their # is 972-241-2361. Ask for bobby (the owner).

Dallas Frame and Alignment does great work, but last time my friend was there with his 300ZX (2+ years ago) they, could not give you a print out of the specs they set it to. I go to Toyota of Richardson. They are cheaper, do and excellent job, allow custom alignments, and give a before and after print out. However, they ONLY do Toyotas so your out of luck with the WRX.

stagner's, near alamo autosports
2530 S Cooper St # A
Arlington, TX
(817) 275-4715

Autoscope (at Coit & Plano Pkwy) does a good job, and will align to whatever specs you want. They also give a NTS2K club discount.

Toms brake and alignment... off hwy 26 about 1-2 miles past the old s3, they are on the left hand side...

Go to Kaufman tire on grapevine hwy down there by NRH20 ask for bucky

NationalTireBattery in Plano (Preston / Plano Parkway) or in Lewisville (I-35 feeder and Beltline Rd.) and I-35 and Corporate - They WILL do it to your custom specs (every time I've been there) and still honor their 3 month or 6000 mile warranty. I did have an issue ONCE, but after a lot of arguing, I won - they wanted to > charge me TWICE the price of the alignment because of my "custom" specs... and I got my warranty, too!

---*---
Old 01-07-2003, 08:15 PM
FD94RX7Owner

hehe i've seen this posted on three boards
Old 01-08-2003, 10:02 AM
stoneZ

Steve, are you the one with the blue WRX? If you are I was in that racing seminar with you in Ennis last August. My name is Luis I was the hispanic guy there with the asian guy Gary.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:13 AM
GoodFinder

Luis,

Yup, that was me. Hey, did you see, y'all were in the pics in the Turbo magazine issue where they talked about the class there at Ennis! Speaking of getting together at local tracks, y'all are invited to come out to a track day at MotorSport Ranch we're doing on March 15th. You can check the details at the following thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=289663

OK, back on topic, I was reminded earlier this morning, that I should go ahead and do the corner weighting while I'm at it.

For now, I'm probably gonna go on over to Rockwall Tire & Battery to do the primary alignment work, since they have tons of experience specific to the WRX platform.

But then when I get my (soon to arrive) Cusco pillowball rear adjustable camber plates installed, I'll need to do a bit more "fine tuning" with the rear wheels, and then I'll do the corner weighting, too.

So far, most of the side notes I've received have reinforced the impression that Autoscope, Dallas Frame & Alignment, Petersons, and Stagners are also very worthy candidates.

Perhaps the best thing is to talk to some die-hard autocross and track junkies and see who they use?

GoodFinder
Old 01-08-2003, 10:23 AM
stoneZ

yeah I saw the pics in the magazine. Our 15 minutes, I hope not.
I'll check out that track date and let Gary know as well.

On topic, I've taken my car to Dallas wheel and alignment and they were pretty good. They did a good job, I was happy with what they did. I don't have an all wheel drive so no insight on that.
Off topic, do you know any Nissan guys you trust and can send me to. I'm trying to get a silverstone track model.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:30 AM
GoodFinder

4-wheel performance alignments are good for RWD cars, too! Every so often I do it for my Supra, for example. Of course, with most cars, there's not much "moving things around" you can do with the rear wheels.

On the topic of Nissan guys to hook up with in your quest for a proper 350Z car, I don't personally know any of them any more. Back in '93 was the last time I knew any of the local folks, when I was shopping for my next performance daily driver (I loved the Nissan but my wife talked me into the Supra!) ... I'd say, do some direct dialog with list members here, they've probably got some good and current insights to share.

Thanks for the feedback on Dallas Wheel & Alignment.

GoodFinder
Old 01-08-2003, 10:37 AM
stoneZ

thanks, I'll ask around hopefully I can find someone trustworthy.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:33 AM
Michael-Dallas

I go to Streetwerks Collision Center in Corinth/Denton (across I-35 from North Texas Nissan). I usually have tires from tirerack.com drop-shipped there and have them mount/balance the wheels and do an alignment. The owner, Steve Watkins, owns a 944 that he tracks and is a member of PCA.

I might try Autoscope this next round though. My friend had tires drop-shipped there and got his S2K all fixed up and they're mucho closer than Streetwerks.

Michael.