Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Motorsports Ranch High Performance Driving Event - March 18th!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:55 AM
BeerViper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo, can't wait!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Gryphin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone thats going sucks, haha because i wanted to go sooooooooo bad, but that weekend work is having a major sale and they need a lot of stuff built between now and then... so im pretty much screwed that weekend
Old 03-11-2006, 11:43 AM
71Pantera

We have a few slots left. Anyone???

John
Old 03-11-2006, 04:09 PM
BeerViper

John I know of a couple maybes but they won't know until next week. One of them is a G35 Sedan and the other is a Honda S2000 (if that's ok)...

I told them to let you know asap.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:06 PM
71Pantera

Originally Posted by BeerViper
John I know of a couple maybes but they won't know until next week. One of them is a G35 Sedan and the other is a Honda S2000 (if that's ok)...

I told them to let you know asap.
Thanks for the help!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:08 AM
BeerViper

Well it looks like we are looking at some wet weather driving this weekend ... forecast is calling for 2 - 3" of rain with thunderstorms on Saturday

Guess we'll see how the Eagle F1's do on wet surfaces!

As for the other couple possibles I talked with ... weather makes it a no-go for them.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eagles in the wet!

Guess we'll see how the Eagle F1's do on wet surfaces!
Actually, they do GREAT! My question is how Eagle F1's that are down to the wear bars do in the wet!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
doodz

Default So how was this event?

Who all went and how did you do?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
BeerViper

Two G's and one Z (not including Renee's yellow Z). We did an in-car instructor ride first thing in the morning to get used to the brakes and ABS as the track was damp. Did some classroom training and then went out for a couple lead-and-follow laps behind an instructor. It started to rain before we went out for the lead-and-follow laps so instead of learning the dry line and apex we were taking the wet line.

There was also an SVT club there that we shared the track with. They were out on the lead-and-follow after us as the rain continued to come down more and more heavy. We took an early lunch at around which time we received a report from a neighbor in the area that hail was headed our way. Everyone got their cars to the covered staging area at the entrance to the track (pit area) and then got carted back to the main building, others were out at lunch at nearby Subway.

We never did get any hail, at least nothing of any noticeable size. After lunch we continue classroom sessions talking about the wet line. Shortly after a club member came up and told us that they were closing the track as the final turn on the track (Big Bend) was no longer a puddle but now a river. It was no longer safe for ourselves or our cars.

We are rescheduling for either April 14 or April 15 depending on availability.

In the short time we were out there even in slow conditions I learned a lot. I have done autocrosses before but this is a whole different ballgame. It actually took a lot out of me in just the short time I was there. I went home and crashed. Next time I will be sure to be well rested. I highly recommend this event to anyone that is considering this!
Old 03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Gryphin

Two G's and one Z (not including Renee's yellow Z). We did an in-car instructor ride first thing in the morning to get used to the brakes and ABS as the track was damp. Did some classroom training and then went out for a couple lead-and-follow laps behind an instructor. It started to rain before we went out for the lead-and-follow laps so instead of learning the dry line and apex we were taking the wet line.

There was also an SVT club there that we shared the track with. They were out on the lead-and-follow after us as the rain continued to come down more and more heavy. We took an early lunch at around which time we received a report from a neighbor in the area that hail was headed our way. Everyone got their cars to the covered staging area at the entrance to the track (pit area) and then got carted back to the main building, others were out at lunch at nearby Subway.

We never did get any hail, at least nothing of any noticeable size. After lunch we continue classroom sessions talking about the wet line. Shortly after a club member came up and told us that they were closing the track as the final turn on the track (Big Bend) was no longer a puddle but now a river. It was no longer safe for ourselves or our cars.

We are rescheduling for either April 14 or April 15 depending on availability.

In the short time we were out there even in slow conditions I learned a lot. I have done autocrosses before but this is a whole different ballgame. It actually took a lot out of me in just the short time I was there. I went home and crashed. Next time I will be sure to be well rested. I highly recommend this event to anyone that is considering this!
let me know when you get the track again because i will def take some time off and make it out there! i loved it the last time i went
Old 03-21-2006, 05:58 PM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two G's and one Z (not including Renee's yellow Z). I highly recommend this event to anyone that is considering this!
Beer, I wholeheartedly agree with you that it was a very educational experience to drive the track in the wet. Instructor even noted that "everyone should do it for the experience." Note that there were TWO Zs present (not including Renee's yellow Z):
2003 silver 350Z
1972 black 240Z
The 240 driver kept complaining of a non operative ABS system or something like that!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:11 AM
BeerViper

Originally Posted by ChinaClipper
Beer, I wholeheartedly agree with you that it was a very educational experience to drive the track in the wet. Instructor even noted that "everyone should do it for the experience." Note that there were TWO Zs present (not including Renee's yellow Z):
2003 silver 350Z
1972 black 240Z
The 240 driver kept complaining of a non operative ABS system or something like that!
Ah yes, I stand corrected and I do apologize as there were most definitely 2 Z's present. How could I forget since you had first dibs on Renee for the in-car instructor laps!
As for the malfuctioning ABS, I think Renee had mentioned something about PEBSASW (problem exists between seat and steering wheel) j/k
Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 PM
71Pantera

Thanks to everyone that came out!
Would like to clear a few things up.
1. Apex called the rain day. The track management went out after we called it and agreed. I have never witnessed the track that bad.
2. You may come out on the 15th in the afternoon and drive the new track. It will be a very controlled day.
3. You may also choose another day and enjoy the complete day.

Please PM me with a date that you will return.

John
Apex President.