Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

**Houston, TX Official Tokyo Drift After Party/Meet June 17, 2006***

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Houston_JohnP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Houston, TX Official Tokyo Drift After Party/Meet June 17, 2006***

Squared-Off and Planet Zero Present the official Tokyo Drift after party featuring drifting sensation Verena Mei !!!

All the way from California, Verena will be at Planet Zero on Saturday night signing autographs, playing games, and enjoying the Houston-Meets! Let's show her how Houston does it!!!

CHECK OUT HER WEBSITE AT WWW.STARGIRLRACING.COM

When?

Saturday June 17, 2006 : 8:00pm - 2:00am

Where?

Planet Zero, 12303-J Westhiemer Rd. Houston, 77077

Ok, Now for the rules!!

Rules for the meet

No alcohol. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. No drugs as well.

Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the parking lot.

No street racing at or near the event.

No burn/peel outs. No drifting.

No speeding in the parking lot!

Not Only is Verena a badass driver, but she is also featured in the movie Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift!!!! ...and extremely hot too!!

ok..now for the Math. HOT WOMAN + Fantastic Driver + Badass Car + Movie Star = Perfect Woman ...... Im Not missing this for the world!! See you all there!!
Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 PM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know we are going to be there John!
Old 06-14-2006, 07:18 PM
MustGoFastR

Tokyo Drift after party???? Are you kidding? Just b/c of the chick, you would show up after all the ranting about that movie??? I can only imagine the croud that will... Oh, God, just ban me now...
Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
TruBluZ

Guess you didn't go to the meet last week.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM
MustGoFastR

Ha, I was just kidding... I'd love to check her out, but I'll be at Buzzfest.

What meet was last week? I went to the Galveston cruise two weekends ago that apparently fell apart at the last minute; didn't here anything about a meet last weekend; just that Cannonball thing. I been itching for a DECENT meet. Anything coming up?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:59 AM
TruBluZ

Usually the meet is every 2 weeks at Planet Zero. They had it last week. The only reason they are having it this weekend as well is because of the movie and the girl coming in from Cali. Last weekend was the biggest one so far. There were people and cars everywhere. You should try to make it out at least once. I'll let you know when the next one is since you can't make it out this weekend.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
xluv2eatx

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Tokyo Drift after party???? Are you kidding? Just b/c of the chick, you would show up after all the ranting about that movie??? I can only imagine the croud that will... Oh, God, just ban me now...

lol.....+245697615646874.....but then again, it might be worth it...
Old 06-15-2006, 10:14 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
Usually the meet is every 2 weeks at Planet Zero. They had it last week. The only reason they are having it this weekend as well is because of the movie and the girl coming in from Cali. Last weekend was the biggest one so far. There were people and cars everywhere. You should try to make it out at least once. I'll let you know when the next one is since you can't make it out this weekend.
Sweet; yeah, deff. let me know. Been itching to get my car to a big meet now that I've got it the way I want it.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:44 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Ju know I'll be there mang!!!!
Old 06-15-2006, 01:08 PM
nexstage350

im der!
come on out
Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
MagicPie

Seems a bit stupid, an afterparty for F&F3, no chic is worth having to watch F&F3 for, and then driving to houston to go see her.
Ontop of that I'am not about to be surrounded by a bunch of moron 16 year old kids thinking their the next drift-master, talking about things that dont understand and only learned from the F&F movies.

Count Me Out---I dont understand drifting seems a bit pointless, I'll stick to going a around a corner fast and smooth like your suppose to.

Not trying to insult the members that plan to go or like the movies, hope you all have a blast!
Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 PM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very good point you have there magic point. I was planning to go, but after hearing that, it's going to be too crowded there to even get a spot. I tried to go last time but the parking lot is really small and only holds about 50 spots total.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:32 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by MagicPie
Seems a bit stupid, an afterparty for F&F3, no chic is worth having to watch F&F3 for, and then driving to houston to go see her.
Ontop of that I'am not about to be surrounded by a bunch of moron 16 year old kids thinking their the next drift-master, talking about things that dont understand and only learned from the F&F movies.

Count Me Out---I dont understand drifting seems a bit pointless, I'll stick to going a around a corner fast and smooth like your suppose to.

Not trying to insult the members that plan to go or like the movies, hope you all have a blast!
I'm not offended cause I just don't get offended easily but I'm gonna point a couple things out. One-you don't have to go watch the movie to come to the after party. In fact the movie comes out the day before this event is planned. Two-There are quite a bit of people at this particular meet that are no where close to being 16. In fact I personally have been involved w/ the import scene since at least 1994. Then you have guys like Shawn from SGP, and John the owner of Planet Zero who will be there. Shaw being the only guy I'd trust to work on my Z; in fact he's worked on a few of the Houston member's rides, also Tim's bada$$ Z from Dallas. Not to mention he's probably built some of the engines that are in some of this boards Z w/ FI. And John the owner of Planet Zero who has one bada$$ Supra and a couple other surprises not yet revealed to the public. Three-Drifting.....something the mainstream is just now picking up when kids in Japan started doing it at least 4years ago. Just like the first F&F movie showed something that kids were doing 3years before it was mainstream. Will there be idiots that try to these things w/ their parents RWD cars..... more than likely yes. As for the sport itself.... take if for what it's worth.... Just like some people don't find going around in a big circle very fast is entertaining.

Anyways, bottom line is this "after-party" is more of a meet and greet. Yes there will probably be a DJ. Yes there will probably be some dumb 16 year old w/ a civic complete w/ an exhaust that sounds like a hive of bees in an aluminum can. Then again there will also be a bada$$ Supra, a Skyline GTR powered 240sx, and a couple of FI 350z's just to name a few of the cars that showed up last time. To each his own though. See you around dude.

Last edited by MethodRN; 06-15-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Z33Benny

get em' jr! lol

my car looks like poo.. so it wont be going anywhere near any meets anytime soon
Old 06-16-2006, 02:10 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

I would make sure of a couple things before you head that way.

- no drinking
- make sure your car is LEGAL
- resist the tempatation to do stupid things.

I woudl think that I would like to head to planet zero a bit to hang out and meet some folk but I think doing it on the F&F3 afterparty might end up with a lot of people and issues.

Maybe we should setup a location that we could all park next to and not have to worry about someone dinging/denting/hitting cars.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:14 AM
TruBluZ

Originally Posted by MethodRN
I'm not offended cause I just don't get offended easily but I'm gonna point a couple things out. One-you don't have to go watch the movie to come to the after party. In fact the movie comes out the day before this event is planned. Two-There are quite a bit of people at this particular meet that are no where close to being 16. In fact I personally have been involved w/ the import scene since at least 1994. Then you have guys like Shawn from SGP, and John the owner of Planet Zero who will be there. Shaw being the only guy I'd trust to work on my Z; in fact he's worked on a few of the Houston member's rides, also Tim's bada$$ Z from Dallas. Not to mention he's probably built some of the engines that are in some of this boards Z w/ FI. And John the owner of Planet Zero who has one bada$$ Supra and a couple other surprises not yet revealed to the public. Three-Drifting.....something the mainstream is just now picking up when kids in Japan started doing it at least 4years ago. Just like the first F&F movie showed something that kids were doing 3years before it was mainstream. Will there be idiots that try to these things w/ their parents RWD cars..... more than likely yes. As for the sport itself.... take if for what it's worth.... Just like some people don't find going around in a big circle very fast is entertaining.

Anyways, bottom line is this "after-party" is more of a meet and greet. Yes there will probably be a DJ. Yes there will probably be some dumb 16 year old w/ a civic complete w/ an exhaust that sounds like a hive of bees in an aluminum can. Then again there will also be a bada$$ Supra, a Skyline GTR powered 240sx, and a couple of FI 350z's just to name a few of the cars that showed up last time. To each his own though. See you around dude.

Also, there more than likely will be cops present at the meet, there usually are. Of course, there will always be some idiots trying to show off, even at regualr meets and not just because of a movie. The movie is just an excuse to have a meet.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:43 AM
D-RO

a drift after party, but you're not allowed to drift??
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Ha, I was just kidding... I'd love to check her out, but I'll be at Buzzfest.

What meet was last week? I went to the Galveston cruise two weekends ago that apparently fell apart at the last minute; didn't here anything about a meet last weekend; just that Cannonball thing. I been itching for a DECENT meet. Anything coming up?
Me and my girl will be at Buzz fest also. I went to the Galveston cruise also. I'm sure I met you. Did I?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:11 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

some dumb 16 year old w/ a civic complete w/ an exhaust that sounds like a hive of bees in an aluminum can.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:14 AM
nexstage350

Git'em JR

Quick Reply: **Houston, TX Official Tokyo Drift After Party/Meet June 17, 2006***