Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Don-TireGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire Shack
sales@tireshack.net

Gave me a great price on some tires shipped to my door! Used to be local, but now I believe they are up in Dallas

Tell him htown with the G sent you
Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 AM
darbyhouse

Originally Posted by Track
Can they tune piggybacks or ECU's?

I can't find anyone trustworthy to do a simple tune after I install an intake, plenum and exhaust.
Did SGP do the tune for you?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Chas350Z

I have worked with Mark at SGP for several years and have been satisfied with his guidance and work . I met Chris over at Engine Logic last week and he did a great exhaust fab job for me .( tied in my wastegate dump into the test pipe) Both places are very honest , will be fair in their pricing and stand behind their work.

There seems to be a bit of competition between these two on DYNO runs --Chris claims Marks runs at SGP are high and not real . I ran 3 pulls over at Engine Logic after he completed my exhaust work ( $75) and his dyno was about 20% less on HP and torque. I found this to be interesting but not something to worry about .

Since I Have The v-Pro engine management system I will need to stay with SGP on tuning .
Old 07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
VENOMSZ

passed by SGP last week
They had a bunch of Z's and G's out there.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Wheelman

Let me add my shops to the list:

Body Shop:
Richey Collision
12221 Memorial Dr.
Houston, TX 77067
(281) 893-6341

Car Audio
Bico Stereo
1972 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090

A-1 Wheel Straightening
18512 Carrot Street
Spring, TX 77379
281-376-9477
Old 08-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chas350Z
I have worked with Mark at SGP for several years and have been satisfied with his guidance and work . I met Chris over at Engine Logic last week and he did a great exhaust fab job for me .( tied in my wastegate dump into the test pipe) Both places are very honest , will be fair in their pricing and stand behind their work.

There seems to be a bit of competition between these two on DYNO runs --Chris claims Marks runs at SGP are high and not real . I ran 3 pulls over at Engine Logic after he completed my exhaust work ( $75) and his dyno was about 20% less on HP and torque. I found this to be interesting but not something to worry about .

Since I Have The v-Pro engine management system I will need to stay with SGP on tuning .
I don't know if I agree with this statement. My Z dynoed at 225whp with intake/exh/hdrs/utec/test pipes/plenum spcr. Most stock Z's dyno at or higher than this on other dynos. This was done by SGP. Same mods with 150 shot netted 366whp/438wtq. I'd say their dynapak runs lower than most.

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
passed by SGP last week
They had a bunch of Z's and G's out there.
One of them being mine.....Should get her back in a month....fully built with twins....you know, the works. SGP is awesome. They take care of their customers and even better care of their repeat customers. I won't go to another shop as long as I own my Z. PERIOD.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Wheelman

Originally Posted by Old School
I don't know if I agree with this statement. My Z dynoed at 225whp with intake/exh/hdrs/utec/test pipes/plenum spcr. Most stock Z's dyno at or higher than this on other dynos. This was done by SGP. Same mods with 150 shot netted 366whp/438wtq. I'd say their dynapak runs lower than most.

One of them being mine.....Should get her back in a month....fully built with twins....you know, the works. SGP is awesome. They take care of their customers and even better care of their repeat customers. I won't go to another shop as long as I own my Z. PERIOD.
Is your Z sitting in the lot there? I drive by there about once a week and see lots of Z's.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by Wheelman
Is your Z sitting in the lot there? I drive by there about once a week and see lots of Z's.

I'm sure you see it everyday....its been there since January...

when you break a ring land and want to built proof the motor and add boost....you don't exactly cough up $25k+ in a week or two. lol.

Last edited by Old School; 08-17-2007 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:10 AM
rpacman

[QUOTE=Old School]I'm sure you see it everyday....its been there since January...

when you break a ring land and want to built proof the motor and add boost....you don't exactly cough of $25k+ in a week or two. lol.[/QUOTE

Just think. You're saving up mileage. =)
Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Wheelman

I'm sure you see it everyday....its been there since January...

when you break a ring land and want to built proof the motor and add boost....you don't exactly cough up $25k+ in a week or two. lol.
I'll donate $10 to the cause if you let me drive it
Old 08-18-2007, 04:53 AM
rpacman

SGP is awesome. They take care of their customers and even better care of their repeat customers. I won't go to another shop as long as I own my Z. PERIOD.
I truly agreed with this statement. Plus, I would like to add, that any product sold at SGP, they will stand behind it. If the product craps out on you, they'll take care of you, even if it's no fault of their own. This is a GREAT SHOP and GREAT TECHS.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Zyal8ter

Hi All,

I just move to Houston from Virginia. Is there any good Z shop in Houston? I live in S. 45 (Scardale)

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:43 PM
pinoiZ

SGP is a good place for the Z owners!
Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
pinoiZ

Anyone know of any good shop that do rollin fenders?thanks!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 PM
finallyaZdriver

Can someone please recommend a good shop in the S. Houston/Clear Lake area that does window tinting? I can only find 1 shop within 40 miles of here that does it, and I don't want to just go because they're the only ones I know of. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:45 PM
xbuhhx

xpert tint on 59 and west belfort i believe. Ask for russell... they do a good job there
Old 10-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Lady Jax
Drive For Pole

I am gonna have to jump on the bandwagon for SGP. And, YES, they do piggyback tunes to perfection. We had a Vortech-supercharged RevUp with a UTEC dialed in at SGP using the Osiris Pro Tuner software to get the stock ECU to work with the UTEC seamlessly. While the car was there they addressed a few minor concerns we had with our install (yes, my husband and I did all the wrench-turning) and they were very gracious about correcting our mistakes and did not 'take us for a ride' on the bill.

As to the dyno, we found that their DynaPack read a bit lower than a DynoJet or Mustang but it was very accurate. Mark related to us that he was more concerned with reproducible results so he could produce a better tune. If you want to know the flywheel horsepower down to the last tenth take your motor outta the car, otherwise all dyno's have built-in errors and are only comparable to themselves (and not even that on different days, different conditions, different cars, etc.). Regardless, Mark and Thomas made reliable, rugged performance that is as stable as a stock Z. They just gave us a 100 horsepower or so more than stock. Great shop....rock on!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Originally Posted by Wheelman
I'll donate $10 to the cause if you let me drive it

lol. $10 wouldn't cover my gas to SGP. lol. How about 10% of my last bill? haha.

Heard my car run the other day with open downs (still waiting on an exhaust). Car looks and runs awesome. I walked out of SGP with a gynormous boner.

Anyone that's batting for Engine Logic....holla at turismo and ask him how his car is doing. He had work done there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again....my car and my money goes to SGP.

Last edited by Old School; 11-01-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:50 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any shops in Houston that do BBK's?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Lem

Originally Posted by Enron Exec
Secret Services
5940 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E. Suite 301
Humble, TX 77396
(832)453-0887 Dave
(713)884-5587 Matt

These guys installed my Stop Tech stage 2 brake kit for a really nice price. The shop is small and new but these guys are hungry for work and they did a great job on my car.
+1 on secret services they did a great job for a great price. they did my spring install for 125 great guys who know what they are doing

Quick Reply: [Houston]: Houston Shops: Update with experience