Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

*Austin* Cheddars, Tueday April 22nd, 6:30pm (details inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Rob Nance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Austin* Cheddars, Tueday April 22nd, 6:30pm (details inside)

Reposting this from the "Austin meets" thread so nobody misses it. Sticky would be cool if possible 350zspeedracer

------------------------

So here is the plan. 6:30pm, this Tuesday, the 22nd, at Cheddars. Cheddars is on I-35 Northbound side. Exit Wells Branch, one exit after Howard Lane, two exits after Parmer, just for reference. Just exit, stay on the feeder road and it'll be on your right after the light. It's right before Tinseltown on the feeder road. It's real easy to find.

p.s. - I am going to try and let some more Z owners know about this, and s2k owners. Feel free to let some more people know and bring any friends you'd like.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
deviousZ
Banned

What's up?? I am going to be there I think Cheddars is a great idea....... But I was just thinking that maybe a Hooters meet would be nice!!! Now I know the food is not all that great but I know I want to get some pics of our cars out there and I am sure I could get some Hooters girls to pose with our cars for pictures
Old 04-17-2003, 04:05 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by deviousZ
What's up?? I am going to be there I think Cheddars is a great idea....... But I was just thinking that maybe a Hooters meet would be nice!!! Now I know the food is not all that great but I know I want to get some pics of our cars out there and I am sure I could get some Hooters girls to pose with our cars for pictures
Yeah, definitely, sometime in the future, that'd be cool. Would be cool if we could actually get the place involved like we've seen with Hooters in Cali. Like a day/night car show thing, would be cool. Winner gets a pic with them and the Hooters girls in front of the winning car, one for the winner and another print would be hung up in the restaurant.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
deviousZ
Banned

I went on the S2000 forum www.s2ki.com to see if any member wanted to meet us there.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Chris S

Hey, I'm interested, but I have a conference call w/ Singapore @ 7. I'll try to stop by after I'm done and see if y'all are still around. I'll be in my Tundra, since I broke my left foot and it hurts to push in the clutch.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by Chris S
Hey, I'm interested, but I have a conference call w/ Singapore @ 7. I'll try to stop by after I'm done and see if y'all are still around. I'll be in my Tundra, since I broke my left foot and it hurts to push in the clutch.
Yikes man! Was that from that race last weekend? Is it actually your foot? Like when I broke my ankle, it was really the very bottom part of my leg. It would have been terrible if it was my ankle, can be a pain to recover from what they told me, and takes longer. I would imagine the foot would be rough also.

Hope to see you there.
Old 04-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Chris S

No, the race was fine...I broke it horsing around after the race w/ no gear. The full story is here.

I've broken my ankle, and this won't be nearly as bad...I expect to be back on the track w/in 5 weeks!
Old 04-21-2003, 01:10 PM
mf01

I'll be there tomorrow. I'll try to get there by 6:30 depending on traffic.
Old 04-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Rob Nance

Originally posted by mf01
I'll be there tomorrow. I'll try to get there by 6:30 depending on traffic.
I thought 7 might be a little better, but the problem is it always seems like people show up late... so aim for 6:30, but show up when you can, we'll be there!

See you all there.
Old 04-21-2003, 05:38 PM
DrRick

im there
Old 04-21-2003, 06:34 PM
chicago350z

i'll do my best to make it there.
Old 04-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Anthz

I am working til 7:00 and I'm south. I will shoot up there as fast as I can.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:11 AM
Rob Nance

Looks like about 6-8 people committed. I will get there a bit before 6:30, and inquire about tables. I figure we can start with a 10 person setup and if more show up (lets hope) we can get another table nearby.

If you haven't commented here because you aren't sure, just show up! No pressure folks, don't even have to eat if you don't want to. Lets try and have a good first showing.

The plan is parking along the front row, but if there are a lot of cars there already, I will try and find a better spot with a lot of free spots. Like I said I'll be there a bit before 6:30, 6:15 or so, so look for a black 350z if I end up not parking in front.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Rob Nance

Heading there now. Like I said, I'll be the freak with the black 350 touring all nice and washed and spotless...if you get there before the rain starts, hah. What can I say, there were bugs and gunk from my trip to Houston, and a ton of brake dust...

See you all there.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Rob Nance

Went great! We had 7 cars show up. 6 350z and 1 G35c. We had 8 people show up I think. We got the whole front section almost, like I had hoped. We attracted quite a bit of attention. Deviousz, Jesse tried to work his magic on the hostess. She ended up coming out and checking out the cars, Jesse couldn't convince her to get off work to head out with him though

Was cool meeting everyone, had a lot of fun. We all agreed we had a really good first meeting. We all think we know quite a few more people would be able to come in the future, so next time I think we could easily double it. Cheddar's seemed to work well, and they were pretty happy to have us it seemed. Nevermind we had a waiter in training, other than that all was cool.

Then to top it all off Dr Rick got to watch me make a fool of myself 1-2 shifting on damp roads in a turn and got all sideways getting a little to anxious, heh.

See you all next time. On that topic, let me know what you all want to aim for, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, new place, new time, etc...
Old 04-22-2003, 06:24 PM
deviousZ
Banned

I had a great time it was nice to meet all you guy's the food was good the hostess was great I think by our next meet she will go out with me!!!

I thought we had a nice turn out a weekly meet would be awesome but I think we should move it to a Sunday or Monday meet because I usually have to work on Tuesdays.

Last edited by deviousZ; 04-22-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:48 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Guys,

Sorry I missed the meet. I had to get ready for a conference call with Shanghai at 9.

Hopefully, I can make the next one.

Rob, Thanks for taking the lead on this.

JD
Old 04-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Rob Nance

No sweat, I'm glad it worked out as well as it did. I think we were all surprised that we had 7 cars, was pretty nice.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:06 AM
dmazyn

It was nice meeting all you guys. I'm up for weekly/bi-weekly meets just let me know and I'll try my best to be there.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Anthz

I got stuck at work til 8:00. Catch you next time.

Quick Reply: *Austin* Cheddars, Tueday April 22nd, 6:30pm (details inside)