Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Dallas tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
PunKidd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GolfinZ
Jared I know yall only do stock ecu's (this is Brian btw...white Z, you tuned in January at protech, and installed hfc) I was suggesting he go to yall and ditch the utec.
That's cool, I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Jared.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by G Thizzle
Jotech couldnt even get my boys SS box tuned correctly... when we pulled the SS box that Jotech wired up it was a total mess... all the wiring was sloppy and done with electrical tape... we had to wire back the stock ECU and ran the UTEC... GO WITH THE UTEC... way more range in tuning... not as good as the HKS obviously but the best bang for the buck! TAKE IT TO SGP in HOUSTON! my .02
Ive heard many horror stories coming from sgp, mainly ending with shariff fixing it with the hks fkon, take that as you will.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
G Thizzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know when i was down there at SGP Mark was having to fix 2 cars from Forged... so i guess it goes both ways... but i know for a fact what JOtech did to my buddies car since i seen it first hand... im going off facts not stories...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
350Z84

I have not had tuning done at any of these shops. However, I have been to Jotech, and have always been treated great.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 PM
TONY2

Originally Posted by Nexx
i hear ya but i dont have 3 to 4 grand laying around for a HKS install and tune. the utec is great for mild F/I setups like i have. i agree that the HKS is THE way to go but in my case its waaaay over kill and the utec is more then capable of handling my setup. in any case its better then the emanage series which seems to be popular with jotech.
We like to tune a system that we are comfortable with and we know that it works instead of 20 different EMS whereas 80% are mediocre. Personally, i dont see the HKS system being overkill at all. Why would it be if one can get a perfect tune out of it whether your turbo, Supercharged and even All Motor. I don't know anyone who would want to sacrafice and purchase a system that everyone knows its the best a system especially when it comes down to your personal car. I would buy the best and instead of sacrafice spending more later due to a blown motor.

Btw, i dont know where you get your info in regards to emanage being popular with Jotech. We hardly tune E-manage. We have installed tons of Greddy TT w/ Hks V-pro instead of the emanage. If your going with emanage, you mind as well go with an Apex SAFC.

Last edited by TONY2; 07-11-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:30 PM
TONY2

Originally Posted by SpeedRcr
Screw Jotech and Kenny Tran...call FIS in mckinney will

BOLD STATEMENT!!! No Class!!! I hope this isnt how you promote for FIS!

Last edited by TONY2; 07-11-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 PM
TONY2

Originally Posted by G Thizzle
Jotech couldnt even get my boys SS box tuned correctly... when we pulled the SS box that Jotech wired up it was a total mess... all the wiring was sloppy and done with electrical tape... we had to wire back the stock ECU and ran the UTEC... GO WITH THE UTEC... way more range in tuning... not as good as the HKS obviously but the best bang for the buck! TAKE IT TO SGP in HOUSTON! my .02

I would like to know more about this one !!!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 PM
TONY2

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Tony,

Why isn't Jotech more involved on this forum? I didn't even know you guys were HKS pro dealers. Lots of people on here are looking for an alternative to SGP for turbo builds.

Hi Tony, We would love to get more involved on these forum but sometimes we get so caught up at work and racing that its almost impossible to find time. I just feel that sometimes there are also way too much drama on these forum. Cant seem to please everyone. We are extremely slammed with project cars and appointments that we tend to push the appointments back and not taking in anymore then we can handle. For some of you guys out there that we may have upsetted, i apologize. If we are booked, we wont take in anymore. There are so many other great shop/tuners involved already such as Forged, SGP, GTM, MZM, etc.... I'm on here whenever i get a chance cuz of my love for z's. But dont hesistate to PM me if you have any questions.

Tony
Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

So, Jotech doesn't do UTEC, Tony?

If that's the case, where can one go for a couple of tunes for the UTEC in TX or within 5 hour driving distance?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
So, Jotech doesn't do UTEC, Tony?

If that's the case, where can one go for a couple of tunes for the UTEC in TX or within 5 hour driving distance?
James at HPP did a pretty damn good job with my vortech/utec tune.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:49 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Fuck HPP. They fucked up my exhaust (y-pipe and my titanium mid-pipe) and my bumper and never got them fixed. I had to spend my own damn money for fixing shit they fucked up. I've been pretty quiet about their lack of service. There's a reason why Mackie said not to go to HPP above (because he knew what happened to me).

Not only that, they also fucked up a couple of Nismos too.

Also, they don't even have fuckin shop insurance. What kind of a performance shop has no insurance?

I'll take back everything I've said thus far (this is the first public bashing I've made other than a select couple that knew my predicament) and recognize them as a shop again, if they reimburse me for the damages.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 09-13-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having George tune my UTEC. He used to work at Alamo, but is now at Gotham. Hopefully this weekend when my MAP sensor arrives it'll get done.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:28 AM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TONY2
for the record, Jotech recommends tuning HKS F-Con V-Pro. Why get something that is almost gonna do the job??? Joey (boostedz33) has proven to all those using Utec or Unichip that HKS is the way to go. His car ran flawless for almost 3 years and those who know him, knows how he drives.

isnt doing that about $3000.00??
Old 09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
TONY2

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
isnt doing that about $3000.00??

Yes, its around $3000 - parts, installation, removal of maf w/ custom intake pipe and tuning!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
RED RIDER

Yes, its around $3000 - parts, installation, removal of maf w/ custom intake pipe and tuning!

and if my car already has greddy emanage? built motor, twins..etc etc etc?

sorry ...shoulda asked that before..
Old 09-17-2007, 11:34 PM
TONY2

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
and if my car already has greddy emanage? built motor, twins..etc etc etc?

sorry ...shoulda asked that before..

How is the emanage ? Car running ok? Maybe Rich??
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM
RED RIDER

How is the emanage ? Car running ok? Maybe Rich??

it does run a little rich as evidenced by the black residue left on the rear bumper...but better rich than lean right..
Car is an absolutle SCREAMER with a capitol S! Scary freakin fast, idles like a sewing machine and no issues. Now if I understand correctly with the HKS that "system" adjusts the "tune" to the motor on the fly according to temp, humidity etc etc.. am I right?
Tom
Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Code_Blue

Jotech has my vote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
PWSHHOCKEY44

Jotech is hands down the best shop I have been to. They make sure every install is done to the owners expectations, and Tony is willing to help anyone who walks through those doors. Tony and Kenny are great guys, SpeedRcr. Very low on your part bashing stand up car enthusiasts like them, but way to go on making yourself look like a complete tool.