Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: Futura Design BBK installed at Kustomz Unlimited in Garland

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 AM
ezpotato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha holy **** i didnt realize how many douchy aszholes came out to this thread... jeesus.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Qwikwithestix

I'm fairly new to this forum but it seems like some of us are taking their opinions to another level. Not everyone has to track their car so they can get your approval. This is just my .02, personally I like the look so to each his own.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 AM
trixR4kidz

Default asd

Originally Posted by ezpotato
haha holy **** i didnt realize how many douchy aszholes came out to this thread... Jeesus.
+1111111111
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwikwithestix
I'm fairly new to this forum but it seems like some of us are taking their opinions to another level. Not everyone has to track their car so they can get your approval. This is just my .02, personally I like the look so to each his own.
You should probably leave then. Everyone on here is an *******.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:36 AM
illmatic g35

Nice bbk... let the haters hate
Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

I like them - and would sport them..they look baller!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Qwikwithestix
newbie... obviously you have ZERO knowledge about these brakes. let me give you the low down. these brakes are not made by futura, they are made by Fatboy brakes in china. Fatboy brakes distributes these to companies like Futura, and Alliance they simply put their name on them then they mark them up thousands. it looks like Futura doesn even use their own packaging rather reuse the packing material they received from Fatboy. By buying directly from Fatboy you can save thousands but you wont have the pretty etching with the Futura or Alliance, boo whoo. " This is just my .02, personally I like the look so to each his own." this is a performance part not a friggin body kit.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 AM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to be clear, Phatboy is just another reseller from the factory.

Futura has never heard of Phatboy until I brought it up last week w/ them.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Qwikwithestix

Hey Nexx I'm glad you took the time to point out to me that this wasn't a body kit. I thought it was at first but you cleared things up for me. I might be new to this forum but not to the car world. I simply stated that everyone has their own taste and doesn't have to buy the same parts as everyone else. If you would like to start making everyone's car payments then your negative feedback would be accepted. Thanks and have a great day.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by StuLax18
You should probably leave then. Everyone on here is an *******.

Originally Posted by Nexx
newbie... obviously you have ZERO knowledge about these brakes. let me give you the low down. these brakes are not made by futura, they are made by Fatboy brakes in china. Fatboy brakes distributes these to companies like Futura, and Alliance they simply put their name on them then they mark them up thousands. it looks like Futura doesn even use their own packaging rather reuse the packing material they received from Fatboy. By buying directly from Fatboy you can save thousands but you wont have the pretty etching with the Futura or Alliance, boo whoo. " This is just my .02, personally I like the look so to each his own." this is a performance part not a friggin body kit.
Snap!

VO(loves his Stoptechs)
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

A wild VO appears!

*VO casts petrify*

Everyone is frozen in fear
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM
twalls

Thanks all for the compliments on the bbk.. I love them so far.. The stopping power has been a night and day difference. I AM new to cars, (about 2 yrs in now) and this is my first BBK setup. The added stopping performance was actually a secondary motivation for me as the aesthetics of filling up my 20s and following my TB, Purple, and CF theme (mystique from x-men) was my main goal. No I don't track, and I don't plan to.. (That could change though, because now I'm showing, and didn't plan on that either) Now that I think about it, I don't think that most people I know that are FI track their cars either quite honestly. I haven't spent as much money on my car as I have to lose it all in a matter of seconds. Not knocking those do track their cars, I just don't have the dispensible income to buy parts repeatedly and maintain a track car. Nor am I a trained driver.

Nexx, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I appreciate the compliment you've shared, I don't really see how where the brakes originated from was relevant. I think the OP was just sharing the information (the purpose of a forum) for those that may be interested. If you don't plan on purchasing them, or don't agree with where they are manufactured, or how they're marketed, then just keep it moving.

I think it'd be different if you were sharing information that could potentially be life saving or letting us know the brakes were defective something. But just trying to down the manufacturer/ reseller/ whatever, for how the brakes were, or were not relabelled and packed, come on... How is that beneficial information? If you don't like the particular brand, or look, that's kewl, I don't like seeing cars w/out front bumpers to show off their intercoolers either, but to each their own.. Your opinion is not going to make me return the brakes, nor is it going to make someone that likes the brakes not purchase them. <shrugs>

Was it THAT important to get that off of your chest? If so, I'm glad I could provide you with that opportunity.

For the record, I'm very happy with my purchase, because all of my goals were satisifed, actually more than satisfied.. Thanks Moog for helping me obtain some awesome looking AND PERFORMING brakes.

Last edited by twalls; 08-30-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 PM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by twalls
Thanks all for the compliments on the bbk.. I love them so far.. The stopping power has been a night and day difference. I AM new to cars, (about 2 yrs in now) and this is my first BBK setup. The added stopping performance was actually a secondary motivation for me as the aesthetics of filling up my 20s and following my TB, Purple, and CF theme (mystique from x-men) was my main goal. No I don't track, and I don't plan to.. (That could change though, because now I'm showing, and didn't plan on that either) Now that I think about it, I don't think that most people I know that are FI track their cars either quite honestly. I haven't spent as much money on my car as I have to lose it all in a matter of seconds. Not knocking those do track their cars, I just don't have the dispensible income to buy parts repeatedly and maintain a track car. Nor am I a trained driver.

Nexx, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I appreciate the compliment you've shared, I don't really see how where the brakes originated from was relevant. I think the OP was just sharing the information (the purpose of a forum) for those that may be interested. If you don't plan on purchasing them, or don't agree with where they are manufactured, or how they're marketed, then just keep it moving.

I think it'd be different if you were sharing information that could potentially be life saving or letting us know the brakes were defective something. But just trying to down the manufacturer/ reseller/ whatever, for how the brakes were, or were not relabelled and packed, come on... How is that beneficial information? If you don't like the particular brand, or look, that's kewl, I don't like seeing cars w/out front bumpers to show off their intercoolers either, but to each their own.. Your opinion is not going to make me return the brakes, nor is it going to make someone that likes the brakes not purchase them. <shrugs>

Was it THAT important to get that off of your chest? If so, I'm glad I could provide you with that opportunity.

For the record, I'm very happy with my purchase, because all of my goals were satisifed, actually more than satisfied.. Thanks Moog for helping me obtain some awesome looking AND PERFORMING brakes.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 PM
gmotion04

sick brakes and im sure they perform just as well as any other kit..id take them over my bbk anyday some may hate but we know you got love on gdriver
Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Tian

Dope color
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by twalls

that pic was taken by sharif's crew at forged performance while they were working on my car. so you dont like the look of real performance and you prefer purple brakes? im sorry but that's...
Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
that1guyg35

Wow, this thread went from a "hey, look at what I just got" to a pissing contest. All those people on here that SAY they "track" their cars, lets see some pics at an actual track with a mod list so you can back up your talking.

The one thing I cant stand about some people are how their jealousy shows through on their posts. Let someone have the spotlight for a minute, you'll get it back the next time you post about how you rolled up a boosted civic at the "track", I promise!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think Nexx was posting out of jealousy. The guy has the Z that everyone on this forum wants.

I think he has been here a long time and reads just about everything on this forum and knows the backstory of those brakes. I'm actually glad I saw his post cause if I were to buy a BBK it would make me do my research.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
I don't think Nexx was posting out of jealousy. The guy has the Z that everyone on this forum wants.

I think he has been here a long time and reads just about everything on this forum and knows the backstory of those brakes. I'm actually glad I saw his post cause if I were to buy a BBK it would make me do my research.
+1 exactly. i never said the brakes sucked or that they looked horrible. i never once mentioned anything about the track. i simply posted the fact the brakes arent made or designed by "Futura". i would hate for someone to pay the premium for white lettering when you can get the same brakes for hundreds possibly thousands less. google it.. phatboy brakes. if i have to **** off a few to help the majority then i guess ill be that jerk.

Last edited by Nexx; 08-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:48 PM
moog

This is just rehashing of the whole Alliance thing.

Regardless, I really don't see anybody purchasing from Phatboy.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: Futura Design BBK installed at Kustomz Unlimited in Garland