Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Wheel refinishing

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
CubanDrifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel refinishing

Any one know where I can get my wheels refinished? I bought a set of Volk's and 3 of the 4 are scratched up pretty bad. I'm in Texas, but will ship to whereever as long as they do a great job. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Mike2k3BR

wheels america in dallas is awesome - you will have to ship your wheels but its worth it - and the turn around time is insane - they are a 24hr operation - the price is awesome as well -

http://wheelsamerica.com/
Old 03-09-2012, 08:30 AM
starvinmrvn

Discount tire scratched my Work XD-9's and sent them there for refinishing. Color was never right nor was the finish. After 3 refinishes and me bitching Discount just ordered me a new wheel. Doing all 4 at the same time is the only way to match. Which in hindsite is pretty obvious...so all in all...I dont think I am helping here. doh
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 AM
slmdchvy05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use outlaw powder coating they are really good and usually have a 24hr turn around time, I have used them several time and I actually have my wheels their right now because I am changing the look of my car up a lil bit. I am going from flat black powder coated wheel to bronze powder coated wheels and they only charge $60-$65 a wheel, my 19's are only running me $60 a wheel to have done compared to others that charge $100-$150 a wheel and they do really good work. You can google outlaw powder coating or House of Hot Rods for the address and the number is 817-466-9942 ask for Wessley Morris he runs Outlaw Powder Coating.

I have heard really good things about Wheels America in Dallas and my friend that is a manager at 4wheel Parts uses Dallas Wheel Repair they run about $100-$150 depending on what needs to be fixed on the wheel and their number is 817-795-9800.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
13ino13

I bought some wheels from vrwheels dot com and they sent them out to get polished from silver to fully polished. They advertise that they do so on their website although they mentioned "sending them out" when I asked to get them fully polished. Nonetheless, look them up and give them a call. Although if I were you, I'd look for locals first. I opt to have them do it because they already had the rims and it seemed faster to just have them send them out.

I don't have before pictures but I'm satisfied with the results.