Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Technicalities of EMS choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Minda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technicalities of EMS choice

I've been reading bout UTEC and E-Manage for a while now, however several issues remain unclear to me:
1) my car is 04 Touring (manufactured in 2003, pre-2004.05), hence presumably I do not have wideband sensors - do I need to install these (and which in particular) prior to getting any EMS?
2) which EMS is best for AT car? I read somewhere that E-Manage deals better with AT (does shift timing adjustment), while UTEC has no such functionality;
3) does UTEC MAP sensor make MAF redundand alltogether, i.e. MAF is only necessary for stock ECU when idling, but when UTEC takes over it does not care about MAF signal?
The car is NA, with most bolt-ons, I do not have plans for FI in the nearest future (winter approaching). In the long run I am considering Procharger.
Thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent tired getting the shift feature working on a 5AT EU...has anyone else successfully done this on the vQ35? There are lot of functions on the EU, that do not work on the VQ35.

You best bet is probably still the UTEC. Great engine control, and if you do a MAP sensor, then yes...the stock ECU is disregarded. Timing control is always 100% spot on, and it has knock feedback, which the EU does not. The UTEC is also plug and play...vs. wiring, and labor required on the EU.

And lastly, if you plan to go FI down the road, then the UTEC is a no-brainer.