Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Calling all UTEC owners!!! Trust me, you'll want to help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all UTEC owners!!! Trust me, you'll want to help...

Because this benefits everyone.

Without going into detail, and with a slight bit of my own skepticism because it seems to good to be true... but I think I may be onto a way to compute "recommended MAF offset percentage" for each load-site.

In other words, I think I maybe possibly have found a method to produce automatic MAF Pulldown Fuel maps. Or at least automatically produce very very good base Fuel maps.

But I need data to test my theories. I need lots of data. Here is what I need.

I need volunteer UTEC owners who will hook up their laptops, start logging, and just go drive. Log everything.

In a nutshell you will log everything you do in your car for one week (7 days). Each time you create a log you will have to accurately label it (eg. day, time, temp, etc.). At the end of the week you will send all of your logs to me. On average without driving too much extra I expect most folks will end up sending me 20-30 logs for a single week (avg 4-5 logs per day). Maybe more.

Please do not just run out and start doing this! There is a method to the madness, so I need to organize you into volunteers.

If you are genuinely interested in volunteering and have serious motivation to carry out the task described above, please email me at smokeytirez@gmail.com. Then I will explain in more detail what I need.

Please do not email me if you are only interested in "the results". If the results are meaningful then trust me...I will ensure that everyone benefits from this work.

Thanks in advance!
-Smoky
Old 10-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ever man! This is just another way The Man is trying to control us man! First its UTEC logs, and then it's your wifes! Fight the man! Down with the goverment!

J/k Smoky. Good luck bro! I'm interested in what you have up your sleeve.

(Also, can I ask what the purpose is? What benefit will it have?)

-Acree
Old 10-02-2006, 07:05 AM
SmokyTyrz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cannot go into detail now, but the goal is to build a tool which can recommend MAF voltage % offset for each load site in the UTEC Fuel Map.

What this means is that if the tool works, you can view the output in one of two ways:

-As a table of recommendations for what offset to use into each load site in the UTEC Fuel Map.

-As an automatically built Fuel Map that is based directly from your own car's data logs.

But I need DATA! I need lots and lots of it if I'm going to even come close to testingt his theory. And I can't build this amount of data on my own.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email Sent.

Target A/F would be great.

Later
Aceman