Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Who is using Osiris Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 02:16 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UpRev
RTT is only for the Pro Tuners, and a select few of our development people like you.

Osiris Tuner at this time does not offer Real Time Tuning.
Thanks for the clarification Rich.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM
UpRev
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by civic4982
darn so no real time tuning for osiris self tuners huh?

hmmm... I'd prefer that to do some on the fly learning.
Become a Pro Tuner :-)
Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 AM
civic4982

^ any chance of a future release for Cipher RTT for Osiris Self Tuner setup?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
bluezee

Anyone currently playing with osiris tuner?

I know there was a nice collection of folks using UTEC to self tune before in their NA cars and was wondering if the popularity of osiris tuner has grown to a point where there was a good base of information already out.

Been searching and haven't found anything.
I just recently started playing with the self tuner package myself. When I recently installed my new Motordyne exhaust I figured it was time to take a crack at the Osiris self tuner since the new exhaust leaned me out to dangerous levels (tells me the exhaust is flowing lots of air). Here are my dynos. Pre and post tuning. I was only able to play with the air fuel ratio before I ran out of time. I didn't get much of a chance to play with timing. Notice the dyno operator didn't bother to run the post tune dyno all the way out to 7200. My first stab at this. Feels alot stronger and smoother now. Believe me I am a novice at this so if anyone has any pointers feel free to chime in.

Who is using Osiris Tuner?-2-10-tuning-before-after.jpg
Old 02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
AEBS

best thing to do is go to uprev and have them tune it. If u do it this way it is better and cheaper then a utec and deffinently better then the generic maps on the technosquare. hopefully going to get my tuned soon since i live in houston and uprev is in austin

Last edited by AEBS; 02-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
AEBS

uprev i need some special pricing since i have to travel so far i need a tune for a 03 z with injen coldair intake cosworth manifold berk metalic cats skunk2 exhaust stillen pulleys
Old 02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
civic4982

Originally Posted by bluezee
I just recently started playing with the self tuner package myself. When I recently installed my new Motordyne exhaust I figured it was time to take a crack at the Osiris self tuner since the new exhaust leaned me out to dangerous levels (tells me the exhaust is flowing lots of air). Here are my dynos. Pre and post tuning. I was only able to play with the air fuel ratio before I ran out of time. I didn't get much of a chance to play with timing. Notice the dyno operator didn't bother to run the post tune dyno all the way out to 7200. My first stab at this. Feels alot stronger and smoother now. Believe me I am a novice at this so if anyone has any pointers feel free to chime in.

Attachment 227941
interesting. so the only work you did on this was to set those AFRs more accurately?

no advanced timing?

no other adjustments tuning wise?

good work!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM
bluezee

interesting. so the only work you did on this was to set those AFRs more accurately?

no advanced timing?

no other adjustments tuning wise?

good work!

AFR tuning and thats all. To be fair, look how bad the AFR's were on the dyno before the tune. I was VERY lean. Now it is much better. More work to do though. Next up, tweak the AFR's a little more and then start playing with timing. Timing in Cipher was even set to zero.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:38 AM
CSF

AFR tuning and thats all. To be fair, look how bad the AFR's were on the dyno before the tune. I was VERY lean. Now it is much better. More work to do though. Next up, tweak the AFR's a little more and then start playing with timing. Timing in Cipher was even set to zero.
are you willing to share your method? novice here looking for a place to start
Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 AM
kevin8086

anyone here have a FI setup that is tuned with this?
Old 02-16-2009, 05:46 AM
bluezee

Originally Posted by CSF
are you willing to share your method? novice here looking for a place to start
Let me start by saying I am no expert. I had the help of a good tuner/dyno operator. This is the first time either one of us had used this program. Having said that, here is what we did.

We did a dyno run and a Cipher log at the same time. We then looked at the AFR's from the dyno run. Whatever rpm range we were working on we would then go to the Cipher log at that rpm range and see what MAF voltage it was running with my modifications. Once I knew what MAF voltage range to adjust, I would go to the MAF table in the Rom Editor and adjust that range in small increments. Up in the table number is richer, down in the table numbers is leaner. I would then repeat this process to confirm what I did and see how much of a difference it made. I kept going until the AFR's were close to the target AFR's.

Again, I am a beginner with this software, so if someone has a better method or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.

Last edited by bluezee; 02-16-2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: to be clearer
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Sparks03Max

To the uprev guys: Will I run into any problems using this on a 03 maxima ECU? we have the same VQ35DE as the 03-04 350Z (non-revup) and have been able to use the 350Z utec and standalones without issues (just different ECU pinout). This looks like a great option if it's compatible with my ECU. I'm willing to send money immediately if there's a chance this will work for me!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparks03Max
To the uprev guys: Will I run into any problems using this on a 03 maxima ECU? we have the same VQ35DE as the 03-04 350Z (non-revup) and have been able to use the 350Z utec and standalones without issues (just different ECU pinout). This looks like a great option if it's compatible with my ECU. I'm willing to send money immediately if there's a chance this will work for me!
Need to know what style ECU it has. AFAIK the 03 Maxima has the square edge ECU connector which makes it the older ECU. If it has the rounder edge ECU connector then we can patch the ROM for it and you can use Osiris Tuner.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by kevin8086
anyone here have a FI setup that is tuned with this?
Dozens of people have FI cars using Osiris. GTM's new turbo kits use our software exclusively. We're also in negotiations with a number of other FI kit manufacturers to have them use us for their OEM and CARB approved tunes.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by AEBS
uprev i need some special pricing since i have to travel so far i need a tune for a 03 z with injen coldair intake cosworth manifold berk metalic cats skunk2 exhaust stillen pulleys
Special pricing is $400 for Osiris Flash, and an estimated 2 hours of dyno tuning at $175/hr. If tuning goes over the 2 hours we charge in half hour increments.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
UpRev
Banned

Let me start by saying I am no expert. I had the help of a good tuner/dyno operator. This is the first time either one of us had used this program. Having said that, here is what we did.

We did a dyno run and a Cipher log at the same time. We then looked at the AFR's from the dyno run. Whatever rpm range we were working on we would then go to the Cipher log at that rpm range and see what MAF voltage it was running with my modifications. Once I knew what MAF voltage range to adjust, I would go to the MAF table in the Rom Editor and adjust that range in small increments. Up in the table number is richer, down in the table numbers is leaner. I would then repeat this process to confirm what I did and see how much of a difference it made. I kept going until the AFR's were close to the target AFR's.

Again, I am a beginner with this software, so if someone has a better method or if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.
Once I get our support forums going I'd really like to get you to post some stuff about your experience. between you and guys like Raj, etc it should really help alot of other people get over their fear of self tuning.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 AM
UpRev
Banned

^ any chance of a future release for Cipher RTT for Osiris Self Tuner setup?
Not in the near future. We had it available for some of the early guys that helped us to develop the product line, but honestly it's going to be a Pro Tuner tool for the time being. Generally speaking RTT is useful if you're having to do dozens of cars a week. Otherwise the flash time we have is so short that it shouldn't be much of a handicap to the average user.

Osiris Tuner was developed to support the SCCA and NASA race vehicles that Nismo sponsors. It was priced to be competitive with the Utec and other older style tuning piggy backs. We wanted to offer the right balance for someone in a full race setup but also make it affordable for the end user and we've achieved that. We could add features till the sun burns out, but the price would be astronomical and would then be used by the race teams only, we decided against that.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Sparks03Max

Need to know what style ECU it has. AFAIK the 03 Maxima has the square edge ECU connector which makes it the older ECU. If it has the rounder edge ECU connector then we can patch the ROM for it and you can use Osiris Tuner.
It's definately not the same ECU connector/pinouts as the 350z one, but it does have the rounded edge connectors (similar to the 04-08 maximas also) and it is fully compatible with other VQ35 tuning options such as the TS reflash. If it works, you could have a nice boost in customer base since we don't have any plug and play piggyback options for the A33B/A34 maximas (the UTEC has to be spliced in since the pinout is different from the 350z).

I've had HPtuners envy ever since I got this car, and it looks like osiris could be the answer to that. I'll send you a PM with some specific questions! Nevermind, looks like I can't send you PMs. Was going to ask IF I purchased a tuner package and it did not work with my ECU, do you have a return policy? I am gunning to pioneer this for our platform, but I don't want to throw 900 dollars down the drain if it doesn't work. Worst case, if you wouldn't allow a return, I would be willing to send you my ECU for a few days if that would help you find out if it's compatible.

Last edited by Sparks03Max; 03-03-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparks03Max
It's definately not the same ECU connector/pinouts as the 350z one, but it does have the rounded edge connectors (similar to the 04-08 maximas also) and it is fully compatible with other VQ35 tuning options such as the TS reflash. If it works, you could have a nice boost in customer base since we don't have any plug and play piggyback options for the A33B/A34 maximas (the UTEC has to be spliced in since the pinout is different from the 350z).

I've had HPtuners envy ever since I got this car, and it looks like osiris could be the answer to that. I'll send you a PM with some specific questions! Nevermind, looks like I can't send you PMs. Was going to ask IF I purchased a tuner package and it did not work with my ECU, do you have a return policy? I am gunning to pioneer this for our platform, but I don't want to throw 900 dollars down the drain if it doesn't work. Worst case, if you wouldn't allow a return, I would be willing to send you my ECU for a few days if that would help you find out if it's compatible.
If you're not far from National Speed Inc in Wilmington, they can check the ECU and see if it will work with our software. They can also do the tuning if it does work.

rich@uprev.com
Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Sparks03Max

If you're not far from National Speed Inc in Wilmington, they can check the ECU and see if it will work with our software. They can also do the tuning if it does work.

rich@uprev.com

They're about a 4-5 hour drive from where I am located in NC. I'd also be aiming for self tuning on the $50/hour dyno that is local for me, and so I can adjust/change things when I want.

Quick Reply: Who is using Osiris Tuner?