Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev Osiris vs. Cobb AP

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Darkness75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi maXmood ,
i`m facing the same here in Kuwait ,no pro tuners for 350Z ,i don`t know how to tune so i can`t order "Osiris tune" (can i get the standard then upgrade it to tune ??)
and my z is running lean like crazy and i can`t do nothing about it (AFR 14.6)
and going to UAE or Jeddah will cost me more ,
so please if you find a way to do this the right way let me know HOW .
Email: exit_a@hotmail.com
thank you for the thread
Old 08-18-2009, 01:11 AM
maXmood
Under Boost!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Darkness75
Hi maXmood ,
i`m facing the same here in Kuwait ,no pro tuners for 350Z ,i don`t know how to tune so i can`t order "Osiris tune" (can i get the standard then upgrade it to tune ??)
thank you for the thread
PM SmallTuner, he's into tuning and might be able to help you out.

my car is running lean too, and if i'm going to add the HFC and the Exhaust, i think that's going to be super lean.

you can get the Standard and then upgrade it to Tuner, just contact the ppl @ Uprev and they'll hook you up.

what i'm going to do is, get Standard and get a basic tune from Uprev. if i'm satisfied with the outcome, then i'll stick to it. otherwise, i'll just upgrade to Tuner and head to Saudi Arabia (Dammam) for an authorized tuner to do a dyno tune.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
NETSHARK

Originally Posted by Darkness75
Hi maXmood ,
thank you for the thread
Hi Hommie,

Hussam Al-Tayeb MC Performance is coming to Kuwait in December so if you`re interested just PM me so i can give you the Contact Number for Khaled The guy who called Him to come to Kuwait or you can Contact Hussam Himself his Screen Name is SMS Tuner, He`s a UPRev Dealer you can Purchase the Osiris from him too.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:37 AM
burntZ

Originally Posted by Travis@COBB
The cable is part of the AccessPORT. You must have an AccessPORT to use AccessTUNER Race. Everything you need to tune with AccessTUNER Race is included with your AccessPORT, less a laptop naturally. We also recommend the addition of a wideband O2 sensor which can be integrated into AccessTUNER Race through your laptop.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Hi,
have AP in UPS's hands and doing some studying up / research -

AEM Wideband UEGO Air Fuel Ratio Gauge 30-4100

will this piece work with the CobbAP - it says it has an 0-5v output wire for ems connection but HOW does it plug into the computer or the accessport itself? or will I need another bit?

Thanks!

also i have breather mods- jwt popcharger / spacer /(& ur pulley )- does that put me into the 2+ tune? - no exhaust mods yet... [still researching improved flow / inc. HP but stealthy sounding]

More Thanks!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
brady

I went with UpRev and have no complaints.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:00 PM
burntZ

:thumbupQuick post track day update,

366 max HP indicated on the scangauge! What that really equals i don't know but it's a nice big fat number!

The AP kept losing connection with the ecu so never did get any dat logging done - i think it really doesnt like the obd splitter - i wanted to keep the scangauge on because it has a much more accurate 'miles to empty' reading - and at 8.4 mpg that's important -
it stalled and died going around T17 - got it going again and quickly pitted

went and filled it 17.1 gals which is about the max i've had to put in in.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Travis@COBB
The cable is part of the AccessPORT. You must have an AccessPORT to use AccessTUNER Race. Everything you need to tune with AccessTUNER Race is included with your AccessPORT, less a laptop naturally. We also recommend the addition of a wideband O2 sensor which can be integrated into AccessTUNER Race through your laptop.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Hmmm your not a valid sponsor.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
BillyGoatGag

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Hmmm your not a valid sponsor.
Who cares? It's Cobb, and they've had innovative ideas and been in the scene for years.

And if I'm not mistaken, Travis and a friend of his are the founders. I met him at a Nissan meet in Bountiful, UT, or some place like that.

-Clay
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

It is matter. Other forum sponsors paid for their sponsor fee, and its not cheap.

It doesn't matter if its cobb or founder.

And sorry, we don't care if you met him in person or not.

Originally Posted by BillyGoatGag
Who cares? It's Cobb, and they've had innovative ideas and been in the scene for years.

And if I'm not mistaken, Travis and a friend of his are the founders. I met him at a Nissan meet in Bountiful, UT, or some place like that.

-Clay
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sorry guys, I will post under our Vendor Account from now on, we had one in the past, I just did not use it unless we were announcing official COBB Tuning product releases or news etc.

The Uego is not one of the wideband sensors supported by AccessTUNER Race, we do support the Innovate and PLX devices, however.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 09-08-2009, 05:11 AM
BillyGoatGag

Originally Posted by Chef-J
It is matter. Other forum sponsors paid for their sponsor fee, and its not cheap.

It doesn't matter if its cobb or founder.

And sorry, we don't care if you met him in person or not.
Ok, do I even need to say anything now? Christ.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
mistico

Originally Posted by Tac-M
for n/a 350z

uprev makes power and cobb does not.... hows that for a list of features ?

there is a beta protune out now and it may make more power than a base map, but it will not be 695...

I'm on the fence regarding which one to get as well. There's only one uprev tuner in my area and they're not a Z shop and don't know anything about their reputation. The shop that I do trust is not an UpRev dealer so I would need to by Osiris tuner which is more expensive.

I tend to lean towards UpRev but am hesitant because of these reasons:

1. My car is a base model, no ability to change maps(COBB AP allows me to do this)
2. No trusted tuner in the area who is an UpRev tuner(closest Z shop that's a dealer is GTM, still see #1 one above regarding map switching)

If COBB's AccessTuner(FREE) software gives you access to all features, what does UpRev have on the AP if they can both be used for dyno tuning?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
rich2342

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sub'd for future rev.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 AM
WestonP

Am I correct to believe that each Osiris unit is locked into flashing only one vehicle? Can a single AccessPort be used on multiple vehicles? It doesn't need to be frequent or super easy, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to tune one car, and then flash other cars with that same program, using the same unit. Can that be done, or does each car need its own AP unit?

Also, can I expect Cobb's "AccessTUNER Race" software to remain free? If not, how much is it expected to cost? I see that it's in beta right now and is free for AP owners, but I didn't notice any mention if it will still be freely available after the beta period.

Last edited by WestonP; 01-22-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WestonP
Am I correct to believe that each Osiris unit is locked into flashing only one vehicle? Can a single AccessPort be used on multiple vehicles? It doesn't need to be frequent or super easy, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to tune one car, and then flash other cars with that same program, using the same unit. Can that be done, or does each car need its own AP unit?

Also, can I expect Cobb's "AccessTUNER Race" software to remain free? If not, how much is it expected to cost? I see that it's in beta right now and is free for AP owners, but I didn't notice any mention if it will still be freely available after the beta period.

Both get married to 1 car. If it didn't, then each company would have likely only sold 1 of each unit...ever

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-22-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 AM
COBB Tuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mistico
I'm on the fence regarding which one to get as well. There's only one uprev tuner in my area and they're not a Z shop and don't know anything about their reputation. The shop that I do trust is not an UpRev dealer so I would need to by Osiris tuner which is more expensive.

1. My car is a base model, no ability to change maps(COBB AP allows me to do this)
2. No trusted tuner in the area who is an UpRev tuner(closest Z shop that's a dealer is GTM, still see #1 one above regarding map switching)

If COBB's AccessTuner(FREE) software gives you access to all features, what does UpRev have on the AP if they can both be used for dyno tuning?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by WestonP

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Both get married to 1 car. If it didn't, then each company would have likely only sold 1 of each unit...ever
AccessTUNER Race is indeed free and will remain to be so for the foreseeable future. So with your purchase of an AccessPORT you get free tuning software, our database of maps and our legendary customer service.

The AccessPORT does "marry" itself to a single vehicle so that it cannot be shared from car to car. However, you can uninstall the AccessPORT so that it can be sold on if you have to do something drastic, like get a minivan or a station wagon... it happens.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
evanm

Originally Posted by mistico

Thanks!
what limitation does it being a base model have? I'm looking into the Osiris also (mines an 03 base) so I'm wondering what you meant by that?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 AM
RandyK1

Originally Posted by evanm
what limitation does it being a base model have? I'm looking into the Osiris also (mines an 03 base) so I'm wondering what you meant by that?
The base does not have cruse control. With the Osiris you can change maps with the cruse control buttons. With out cruse control you can only have one map at a time. If you want to change maps you have to use a laptop.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Threads

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Sorry guys, I will post under our Vendor Account from now on, we had one in the past, I just did not use it unless we were announcing official COBB Tuning product releases or news etc.

The Uego is not one of the wideband sensors supported by AccessTUNER Race, we do support the Innovate and PLX devices, however.

Travis
COBB Tuning
What if the UEGO was wired to a Serial-To-USB cable and one of the supported wideband profiles were used? Would the datalog results be unusable? Or would the results be off by a fixed number? Or is there no telling?

Excuse my ignorance on the subject. I know that a wideband spits out a voltage between 0-5V. The voltages correlate with different values for different widebands. If the results would be off by a fixed number, then the UEGO could still be used to log values(Would just have to know the amount of error).

Will support for the UEGO wideband be put into the "queue" over at COBB for the AccessTUNER Race?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
evanm

Originally Posted by RandyK1
The base does not have cruse control. With the Osiris you can change maps with the cruse control buttons. With out cruse control you can only have one map at a time. If you want to change maps you have to use a laptop.
gotcha, thanks

Quick Reply: Uprev Osiris vs. Cobb AP