Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

new Uprev log analysis tool

Old 01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default new Uprev log analysis tool

So now that I'm due for a new tune (upgraded injectors) I took some time to write a little app that helps fill in a big gap with Uprev -- **** poor log analysis.

The goal is to take tons of log data (driving around with the laptop left logging and unattended) and present it in a useful way that facilitates non-live tuning which is great for street tuning and even startup trims. WAY more possibilities than could be handled with the crappy built in trace and graphing tools...

http://djlab.com/uprev/maf.php
Attached Thumbnails new Uprev log analysis tool-untitled-3.png   new Uprev log analysis tool-untitled-4.jpg  

Last edited by djamps; 04-26-2011 at 03:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
trusovici (07-06-2018)
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
fwdnissanjunky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is great
Old 01-12-2011, 10:10 AM
karletto66

Interested in test !
Is it possible to try it ?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Interested.

jiggy0011706@aol.com
Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though they have the RTT and logging through Rom Editor now... I still us Cipher to do my logging so i can see how everything lays out in a Graph format.. it allow you to see peaks and valleys that numerical values make it hard to see...
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
djamps

I'm making a few changes before I email you guys the link to use it. The main goal of this tool is automatically dialing in long term trims (startup, normal driving, ect) which is pretty much impossible to do with the built in graphs and you can never be 100% spot on in every fuel trim cell by doing it manually...I want to see exactly what is happening in each cell averaged out over time, then have the software suggest subtle changes to be made for individual cells.

The other idea was having a way to dial in the PMAS quickly (MAF voltage) since it's a PITA to have to reflash the ECU for each adjustment, I think last time it took 12 flashes, this time I'm hoping for 2 or 3. For street tuning I've found it far easier to leave most of the fuel table near 100% (+/- 5 throughout) and make most of the changes to the K and MAF table instead, even for boost...without deep log analysis this is very time consuming. The less you mess with the fuel tables the more stock-like our VQ's behave..

Last edited by djamps; 01-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice man
Old 01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
XChacalX

I'm interested to have link !
Old 01-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djamps
I'm making a few changes before I email you guys the link to use it. The main goal of this tool is automatically dialing in long term trims (startup, normal driving, ect) which is pretty much impossible to do with the built in graphs and you can never be 100% spot on in every fuel trim cell by doing it manually...I want to see exactly what is happening in each cell averaged out over time, then have the software suggest subtle changes to be made for individual cells.

The other idea was having a way to dial in the PMAS quickly (MAF voltage) since it's a PITA to have to reflash the ECU for each adjustment, I think last time it took 12 flashes, this time I'm hoping for 2 or 3. For street tuning I've found it far easier to leave most of the fuel table near 100% (+/- 5 throughout) and make most of the changes to the K and MAF table instead, even for boost...without deep log analysis this is very time consuming. The less you mess with the fuel tables the more stock-like our VQ's behave..

I see, that explanation is a lil more clear. I actually set all my cells at 100 and only tune on k multiplier and MAF tables. Fuel comp is the last thing that the ECU looks at to trim fuel. Once I stated doing that air fuels were smoother and trim in quicker. I have a few drive cycles that i run through the MAF volatge to get all the ST trims within 5%.

I like his though....lil autotune feture and would def help alot of end users out!!
Old 01-15-2011, 05:42 AM
djamps

^^ Exactly... I started out with the tool to help 'autotune' the MAF.... which is still the main thing I'm using it for.

But since I was already parsing all that other data just to get to the little bits I needed, why not have a 2D table as well that lines up with the fuel/timing tables and cram all kinds of data into it. I need to separate some data (timing, A/F, cams, ect) into different tabs, it's getting pretty 'busy' as it is now all on one table.

And as soon as uprev starts logging Knock, the 2D representation will show exactly where it's happening on the timing table, ect.

Last edited by djamps; 01-15-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome work! Shoot me the link when you feel it is ready to be played with. It's sad Uprev hasn't done this for us (like other reflash companies), but I'm glad someone is!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 AM
fwdnissanjunky

this is compiling short term fuel trim averages per load cell for tuning the compensation tables, correct?
Old 01-15-2011, 10:23 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by fwdnissanjunky
this is compiling short term fuel trim averages per load cell for tuning the compensation tables, correct?
Pretty much... and by adjusting the filters you can see short or long term or anything else you want to see averaged out over the course of the log file. For example, I could set tps-v minimum at 4v and it will show only WOT data averaged.

Last edited by djamps; 01-15-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:59 PM
snobes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic!
Being in a place were no one has heard of Osiris means I do all my own tuning.
I had talked about something like this to a friend who is a software engineer a few months back and ive done nothing about it since, props to you for being a
Do'er and not a talker lol

Well done!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:18 AM
boostedforlife

Thanks for the work, id love to give it a try as well when you are ready to share.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:46 AM
LMG_35C

Thanks for the effort. It sounds and looks very useful, and I'd like to be on the list as well.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 PM
djamps

PM's sent to those interested...let me know if I missed anyone. Please keep correspondence to email if possible, my PM box fills up fast and PM's are generally a b*** to deal with on my phone.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
mx594

Pretty much... and by adjusting the filters you can see short or long term or anything else you want to see averaged out over the course of the log file. For example, I could set tps-v minimum at 4v and it will show only WOT data averaged.
Good idea with the filters. The Jeffsoftware UTI logging software for UTEC did something similar to this except it didn't have any filters so you would get decel values included in you average A/F plots which skewed all of the numbers.

I am using the Haltech currently but I do have Osiris tuner on the backburner, just in case it ever improves to the point where I feel like trying to use it again.

Props to you for doing something that Uprev should have done long ago.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
djamps

Although UTI was part of my inspiration, I have to say that UTI is a pile of crap and almost useless because of bugs/instability. The author also never once responded to my concerns either on the forums or by email.

By the way, this tool could easily be adjusted to work with any platform's log file, all I would have to do is adjust the regex array and delimiter that parses the csv header to find what it wants. Some extra work would be needed in the case of Haltech, since I don't think it works on MAF voltage or fuel schedule.

Last edited by djamps; 01-18-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 AM
mx594

Although UTI was part of my inspiration, I have to say that UTI is a pile of crap and almost useless because of bugs/instability. The author also never once responded to my concerns either on the forums or by email.

By the way, this tool could easily be adjusted to work with any platform's log file, all I would have to do is adjust the regex array and delimiter that parses the csv header to find what it wants. Some extra work would be needed in the case of Haltech, since I don't think it works on MAF voltage or fuel schedule.
Agreed. UTI was a step in the right direction, but still a piece of crap. Less of a piece of crap than the TXS Hyperterminal BS but still a piece of crap.

In my limited experience, the Haltech GUI and Datalog viewer are the best I have ever used.

In most cases (including mine) the Haltech load reference is MAP. I have always been curious about getting a PMAS and changing the load reference to MAF though...

Last edited by mx594; 01-18-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new Uprev log analysis tool