Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Just got Osiris Standard! Unsure of a few things though..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Lolmooses

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got Osiris Standard! Unsure of a few things though..

I just flashed my 2003 G35 with the first Osiris ROM they send you over email when you buy Osiris Standard. The map switching works,but I dont feel much of a difference when I drive. I gave them a list of all my mods. Does this base map actually include the tuned parameters based on your mods or do I have to send them datalogs?

Also, do I absolutely need the Innovate WB O2 sensor to datalog for them? Does the ECU need to learn itself to the base map to feel a difference? Should I reset fuel trims? I've never done any ECU flashing before, so I'm terribly confused.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Plain and simple, most people are lying when they say there is a big difference in their NA tune. You wont feel 5-15whp changes in a 3500lb car. But everyone does need to rationalize the expense and that definitely can make huge perceived differences.

yes, you absolutely need the WB O2 sensor to datalog.

The only learning (fuel trims) happens when you are putzing around town (closed loop). When you are on the gas (open loop), what you programmed the ECU to do, is what the ECU is doing.

Yes, reset fuel trims, but that will do nothing for making it feel different when you drive
The ECU runs off the program you give it.