Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UpRev Osiris Tuner Package

Old 01-23-2017, 11:32 AM
SPC_Cordova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UpRev Osiris Tuner Package

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a used cable from someone. It's has the "Tuner" license not standard Osiris (Yes it is unmarried and good to go). Had a couple of questions that I'd like to throw out there. I've done abunch of reading on it and I do have knowledge and tuning experience. When the cable comes in, I'm sure it'll probably make more sense because I can get my actual hands and eyes on it. It should be in by the end of the week and I'm picking up a dedicated windows tablet to keep in the vehicle.

I have an 08 HR Z, Single 6262 Precision and there will be 660 injectors going in. The guy I got it from was an NA, DE from 04.

1. Do I need a "stock" rom file that coincides with my ECU to start off since this cable is used?

2.Or do I start of with what I'm at right now on my ECU, data log and save a map of my current setup as "Stock".

The whole tuning and adjusting my parameters is not my concern, it's having a stock file to work from that is a true stock map for my vehicle.... and go back to when needed. I know I don't get a "base tune" since this is the Tuner version and want to make sure I'm starting it off right.

Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Again, I'll probably get my hands and eyes on it it'll make sense but right now I just can't wrap my mind around where this whole base stock map will come from if it's not the "Standard".

Last edited by SPC_Cordova; 01-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:39 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Tag for me just getting a uprev plug and 6266 lol
Old 01-23-2017, 07:15 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

Not sure if this will help, but On tuner version, you can use ROM Editor to Tune transfer from a different ROM to your specific ROM for your vehicle/ECU. What it does is take the tables and values on the ROM you want to copy and apply the settings to the ROM for your car. However you need to make a base ROM first to be able to transfer. If you don't see this option, try running UpRev software updater and see if that helps.

Last edited by BluestreamDE; 01-23-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:43 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Originally Posted by BluestreamDE
Not sure if this will help, but On tuner version, you can use ROM Editor to Tune transfer from a different ROM to your specific ROM for your vehicle/ECU. What it does is take the tables and values on the ROM you want to copy and apply the settings to the ROM for your car. However you need to make a base ROM first to be able to transfer. If you don't see this option, try running UpRev software updater and see if that helps.
but then he will lose the ability to turn off sensors....
Old 01-24-2017, 06:20 AM
BluestreamDE

Originally Posted by travlee
True. Ultimately it's up to him what he wants or what he will do without.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:15 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
He will never have that ability because he just bought it and has to download the software that is available now.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:18 AM
SPC_Cordova

Alrighty.... well I downloaded the software from uprev to just click around and now I feel much more comfortable. Im still waiting on the cable to actually come in, but just looking through how it is setup it, I think I'm going to be fine.

One question remains though since the cable isn't here. When I plug in to the vehicle and the tablet, and open up my program, WILL THERE BE A BACK TO STOCK OPTION THAT WILL AUTOMATICALLY COME UP FOR ME THAT COINCIDES WITH MY ECU?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:20 AM
BluestreamDE

Yes you will have a back to stock ROM for your specific ECU, anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:10 AM
SPC_Cordova

For this "back to stock" ROM I would need to get an email from Uprev once the cable comes in and I get my ECU number right?
Old 01-24-2017, 10:20 AM
SPC_Cordova

ahhh... nevermind, I tried playing on their website and entered an ECU part number for a 2008 that I found online and it gave me the option to download the "back to stock rom" and osiris rom. I will of course wait until I pull my actual ECU part number before downloading these since there are a few different part numbers.

Last edited by SPC_Cordova; 01-24-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:51 PM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

So if you want to run stock tune again, Osiris on their web site has downloadable files to put onto rom to go back to the factory tune?

Did I read that correctly? So you can just upload your own factory tune down the road if you choose to as long as you hav the specific ECU part # avalible?
Old 01-24-2017, 04:10 PM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by CK_32
So you can just upload your own factory tune down the road if you choose to as long as you have the specific ECU part # avalible?
Yes. For every supported ROM there is a corresponding "back to stock" rom that will remove the Uprev software and return it to 100& stock condition
The following users liked this post:
BluestreamDE (01-24-2017)

Search this Thread