Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Haltech wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:44 PM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Haltech wiring

I'm getting my haltech pro plug in installed and have a few wiring questions. I have AEM fuel psi, wideband, and true boost gauges. Can I run the signal wires for the fuel psi and wideband to the AVI ports in the 16 pin connector harness? They are a 0-5V signal. Also I'm pretty sure the AEM boost controller is the same as the one Haltech sells and i want to run it with the haltech instead of the AEM gauge. Polarity on the boost controller doesnt matter so if i run 1 of the wires to DPO1 does the other wire need to have a 5V reference or 12v?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:14 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Can you specify which haltech this is? is it the Pro Z stand alone? the Platinum Plug & Play? Maybe take a picture of it?

When you start tuning how do you intend to tune? VE or Speed Density?

I'm far from an expert so double check me on this but you'll plug in your fuel pressure into your settings(I believe - I'd have to look at mine). I don't know that the haltech uses a fuel pressure readout from another source.

You'll need to pickup Haltech's dual channel wideband controller - I don't know that the haltech will take another manufactures setup. Seeing how important AFRs are I would do this anyway to eliminate any chance to them not communicating or mis-communicating with each other.

When you say boost controller is this the 3 port solenoid? Or do you actually have a setup. My haltech has the boost control function built in - so you may just need to get the solenoid. Assuming you're referring to only the solenoid, you'd hook it up to the 2 wire auxiliary loom - My MAC 3 port valve is a 12volt and it's either on or off(typical solenoid) - no 0-5v varying signal.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:43 PM
TT03Z

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry forgot to mention its a platinum pro plug and play... It should accept inputs from any 5v sensor input i would think. They all work on the same .4-4.8v basis with 5v reference. I could be wrong here and thats why I am asking. Mabey the Haltech wont communicate with the signal wires coming off of the AEM gauges cause they have signal outputs for just this reason. As far as the boost controller goes it is a 3 port boost control solenoid. I'm pretty sure that the solenoid that Haltech sells is the exact same solenoid that AEM sells with a different name on it. They look the exact same anyway. I was thinking that the boost control solenoid would need a 12v reference voltage but I wasnt sure. I'm just trying to make sure I wire this thing right.

http://files.haltech.com/downloads/p..._Z33_Rev_4.pdf

AVI1,2,3,4 are external sensor inputs for fuel/oil psi, wideband, coolant temp etc. they all work on the same 5v circuit. Pins 2,3,10,11.

Then the boost controller would be wired to DPO1 pin5 for pulse width modulation (frequency HZ/duty cycle) and pin16 for 13.8V reference voltage.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

I think it depends what signal and where your hooking it up. I have the plug & play as well and it's been pretty good to me.

I made a diagram for my mac and I would think they are the same - but get 12 volts and hook it up to the solenoid to test it.

I'm not sure how the 5 pin would hook up - I used the 2 pin output.

Some smart people on the forum that'll clear it up...