Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

E85 Tune Dilemma- Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 10:09 AM
thekyledeg

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default E85 Tune Dilemma- Advice please

Long story short, I just had my Z tuned on 93, not to long ago. Im going to upgrade injectors and go E85. Drive to the tune shop is 2hr, putting in bigger injectors and running e85 to offset the bigger injectors... will it be ok? stock injectors to 440cc DW's. Also After the e85 is tuned,would I need another new tune for the 93? or would the tuner be able to use the same injector scale from the 85 tune on the old 93 tune? OR would it be possible to scale the injectors "close enough" to drive on 93 then swap to 85 once that tune is complete?

Im running 272 cams and a 4" MAF, tuning with uprev. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:43 AM
ttv36

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car should be able to move around slowly with the new setup, but you will flood the engine with fuel. I don't think it would be a good idea to drive the car for 2 whole hours that way. You're better off driving the 2 hours and bringing your tools and doing the injector swap at or near the tuner's shop.

Once tuned for E85 you would also need a new map for 93, the fuel target and timing maps would be different.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:26 PM
thekyledeg

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttv36
The car should be able to move around slowly with the new setup, but you will flood the engine with fuel. I don't think it would be a good idea to drive the car for 2 whole hours that way. You're better off driving the 2 hours and bringing your tools and doing the injector swap at or near the tuner's shop.

Once tuned for E85 you would also need a new map for 93, the fuel target and timing maps would be different.
ah, i figured as much... thank you. i didnt feel too confident driving it that far. thanks!