Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

G35 tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 06:15 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Last edited by Atreyu'z 350; 10-26-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:18 AM
CK_32

Received 366 Likes on 315 Posts

Lmao look what came up on my YouTube feed this morning.

Couldn't have been timed any better

Hope this clears up any "confusion" some of our members may have.

Last edited by CK_32; 10-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:36 PM
savarenova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haltech is an australian developer? I hope to gain some knowledge. However got all instruments for tune. But unfortunately our country suffers right now shortage of high octane gasoline (95, 98 by research method) also weather sucks, its a mess bcuz i live in the muddy part of country. This make any tune uncomfortable. However i hope to your assistance.

Still nobody answered on balagurus comments regarding timing. (It is in DIY tuning topic).
Could you please explain it in more understandable way (for dummies)
What caused him to make such experiments? I see that he retarded timing even far away against High det table where I have around of 60 CMP numbers. Shouldnt it make less power?

Old 10-26-2017, 09:29 PM
savarenova

Originally Posted by CK_32
Lmao look what came up on my YouTube feed this morning.

Couldn't have been timed any better

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzn3-ygH-v8

Hope this clears up any "confusion" some of our members may have.
I think we have to edit AFR Target table to make engine more safe to play with ingnition timing, not for gaining power? Logically one follows another.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:30 AM
CK_32

Which is practically what I said in my original post when they started complaining about my post being so incorrect but couldn't say anything when we asked how or why.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:57 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Which is practically what I said in my original post when they started complaining about my post being so incorrect
No one who actually knows how to tune is going to take the time to come on here and debate you when you're just going to repeat what you read in a book or saw on youtube. You have no practical real life experience tuning aside from tinkering with your own car.

When you've tuned a couple hundred VQ's both on the dyno, street, and both, then come back and your perspective may be a little different.
The following users liked this post:
Blizzard25 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 07:02 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by seymore4
When you've tuned a couple hundred VQ's both on the dyno, street, and both, then come back and your perspective may be a little different.
just curious? is this your definition of a beginner tuner? I find that a flaw with the tuning industry is that there is no professional credentials...in just about every other industry there are exams to qualify you ... lawyers, dentists, doctors, engineers/architects, accountants, automotive etc ... but nothing in the tuning realm - who to trust?

I find the disconnect that CK mentioned some very basic tuning concepts and mentioned that he is new to tuning ... ask yourself in retrospect - if CK didn't mention that he's new to tuning, would you have told him to bug-off??

Last edited by bealljk; 10-27-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:32 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by bealljk
just curious? is this your definition of a beginner tuner?
The exact opposite. I have an issue with someone who does not know what they're talking about presenting it as fact, and backing up their statements with only things they've ready, heard, etc. No real experience. At all.

Originally Posted by bealljk
if CK didn't mention that he's new to tuning, would you have told him to bug-off??
Absolutely, yes. My issue was with his post which only reinforced his statement that he's new to tuning and doesn't know what he's talking about. And yet presented it as fact.

Too many people on the forums spend a bunch of money boosting their car then suddenly think they know everything...
Old 10-27-2017, 07:38 AM
CK_32

No one who actually knows how to tune is going to take the time to come on here and debate you when you're just going to repeat what you read in a book or saw on youtube. You have no practical real life experience tuning aside from tinkering with your own car.

But you have the time to criticize someone, yet offer no help to anything or anyone. Interesting.

And yes you're correct, in retrospect I don't know sht about tuning. Especially compared to others. Yet nothing of my post was incorrect or necessarily wrong. You just don't like someone who is new offered advice. Weather it be right or wrong, you have the typical "elite" tuner disconnect that makes you better than everyone else who offers tuning advice because of your thicker resume.

And nothing to actually do with the information given or received. Which is backed up by you're last 2 comments. When all you did was come in here and tell a "new guy" how new he is, and say to leave it to the "pros" who appariently are too busy to even bother helping or give actual advice. Just down anyone lesser than them selves with the topic again weather it actually be wrong or right.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:40 AM
CK_32

The exact opposite. I have an issue with someone who does not know what they're talking about presenting it as fact, and backing up their statements with only things they've ready, heard, etc. No real experience. At all.

Absolutely, yes. My issue was with his post which only reinforced his statement that he's new to tuning and doesn't know what he's talking about. And yet presented it as fact.

Too many people on the forums spend a bunch of money boosting their car then suddenly think they know everything...
Clearly you have an issue with people learning to tune or passing advice at all.

You admit I said and clarified I'm new, yet offered information which was not incorrect. But then try to say I "spent money to boost their car, and now think I know everything".

You clearly do not have an issue with what I said. Just an issue with me due to your resume and experience.

Last edited by CK_32; 10-27-2017 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:06 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

but what if the items he is presenting as facts, are indeed, facts??

I'll kindly ask again - but what was wrong with the statement? Im curious...
Old 10-27-2017, 08:11 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

I'm new
in reality, everyone was 'new', 'inexperienced', or 'a beginner' at some point ... which includes myself, (although I don't consider myself an experienced tuner by any stretch) Seymore, Blizzard, CK, and the OP everyone ...

Last edited by bealljk; 10-27-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:05 AM
CK_32

I completely agree. I've been building and working on cars most of my adult life. From going to school and gaining actual verified certifications, to full blown race/custom fab shops to standard matinance shops before I started working for the federal government.

Even with all those years I'd never consider my self as an "expert" in any subject. Tho he might have thousands of tunes under his belt, I've also built or worked on probably just as many engines/cars my self. The only way I'm "new" is using a computer to plug in charts and values vs doing the same with timing lights, screw drivers and wrenches. But still none the less I'm new to this type of tuning. Which is why I specified such.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Blizzard25

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Precisely why i didn't respond. The response is predictable, so why even bother wasting the time?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:42 PM
Atreyu'z 350

Meanwhile, OP's still waiting for those brilliant answers by the "elite tuners"..
Old 10-29-2017, 01:11 AM
savarenova

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350
Meanwhile, OP's still waiting for those brilliant answers by the "elite tuners"..
you're damn right. It would be easy to write sort of a manual for those who wants to go DIY. But i think this will be gainless for those "elite guys".

I think i will never get the answers. Any way, do not reply if you dont want to help plz. Dont go off topic
Old 10-29-2017, 01:22 AM
savarenova

Guys? maybe you know some other forums to talk about nissan tuning with more friendly ppl? Any info will be cool, also our tuners from CIS countries have this elite tuner disease ))). I think its a professional illness. Anyway i cant blame ppl for their failure to be communicative. Soon the situation with fuel in our country to be stabilized, weather is nice, im ready to go into my ecu to pull some maps and try some "trail and error" game.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Atreyu'z 350

You've gotten your answers, the facts are up there, and it's nobody's fault that they do not fit within your budget.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by savarenova
It would be easy to write sort of a manual for those who wants to go DIY.
Your mis-assumption is that tuning is standard...I agree that tuning boils down to optimizing fuel and optimizing timing - not hard...but no two engines are the same so a manual to tune one engine wouldnt be applicable to another engine. Furthermore, your 3.5 liter VQ engine will tune significantly different than my 3.5 liter VQ engine.

the manual you are referring to would be to learn the fundamentals and principles of tuning and apply them to your engine.

The disconnect is that you dont want to (or cannot) purchase the tools to do so...

Originally Posted by savarenova
But i think this will be gainless for those "elite guys".
the reason this is 'gainless' is because youre not listening to what people are telling you ... there is no easy 'hack' to tune your engine - if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

It will cost you money, in the form of education/training/equipment/time ... if you short-cut these items than you are setting yourself up for failure.

Originally Posted by Atreyu'z 350
the facts are up there, and it's nobody's fault that they do not fit within your budget.
this this this ...
Old 10-29-2017, 08:44 PM
savarenova

Screw you guyz. Bunch of bla bla bla, tools tools tools. What da **** is "completely" different means? What is different in my engine if it comes to stock NA? U have other internals? or other bore stroke? other intake? cams? i've overhauled these engines about 4 times, its very easy to do overhaul on these engines, I know they were equal mm to mm. you mean it to fuel? fuel has its own certificates when it comes up to delivery to gas stations, its a matter of AKI and sulhur concentration. And i know you dont have those EURO norms in USA. That meansyou have that crap gas like we have here, Or you mean air is different? position of sea level? pressure? We are talking of Atmosheric pressure. Its non FI. Its wont be a problem. And you continue to say tools tools tools.There will be times when you wont be able to find tools, but u have to make it. **** you guyz. I've seen those maps in video, why is so difficult to answer my EXACT questions i've written in bold? Fk it i've broke off butt is hurting. >_<.