Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

Irvine, CA - Free Detailing Class At Meguiars!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 PM
brickyardzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irvine, CA - Free Detailing Class At Meguiars!!!!!

Thats right, Z Owners of Northern California has secured a date at Meguiars headquarters in Irvine, CA for a free detailing class and would like the entire class, 30 students filled with Z car owners.

If you ever wanted to know more about how to care for your cars finish, how to use a buffer/polisher, what different products do, how to use them properly and how to bring out a brilliant shine on your treasured Z, here is an opportunity to learn for FREE from one of the most trusted names in car products, Meguiars. Not only will you receive classroom training but half of the class will be hands on actually using the products on a car and seeing the results for maximum learning. Topics covered will include Meguiars consumer and professional product lines and their 5 step paint care cycle including washes, claybars, cleaners, polishes and waxes. Bring all your questions and improve your detailing skills.

To attend this class for free you must go to Meguiars website and join their forum which is also free. Once you have a forum ID you can logon and go to the specific thread created for Z Owners of Northern California and sign up for the class. Space is limited to 30 students so don’t wait and sign up before all spots are taken. Meguiars will be providing coffee and donuts in the morning, a pizza lunch with cold refreshments and goodie bags with full size products for all registered students.

Z Owners of Northern California has also sescured a group rate at a near by hotel for those from out of town traveling to the event. The host hotel is Best Western Orange County Airport which is less than 3 miles from Meguiars facility. ZONC has obtained a group rate on a block of 20 rooms for $80 a night for Friday and Saturday night for those who wish to return on Sunday and not fight the traffic Saturday. The normal rate is $98. This hotel also serves a full hot breakfast complete with eggs, pancakes, sausage, cereal, fruit and more. To get the group rate call the hotel directly and let them know you want the ZONC rate or use confirmation # 305520. This group rate has a 14 day cancellation policy so any changes or cancellations must be done before 8/24/07.

Since this will be a hands on class, we need a maximum of 2 students attending the class to volunteer their car for all students to work on. This is an opportunity for your car to get detailed for free! The car must be washed and clean so the detailing can be completed. Darker colors are preferred because it is easier to see the before and after results. Black is the best color so if you have a black or dark colored car and are interested in volunteering it please PM me. We already have one volunteer and should only need one more vehicle but a stand bye 3rd just in case wouldn't hurt.

17991 Mitchell South
Irvine, CA 92614

Date: Saturday September 8th
Time: 8am – 3pm
Forum: http://meguiarsonline.com/Default.aspx
Sign-up: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/thread/6020.aspx

Host Hotel: Best Western Orange County Airport
2700 Hotel Terrace
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 432-8888

Rate: $80 (2 queen beds 4ppl max)
Ask for ZONC rate or use conf# 305520
These rooms have a 14 day cancellation policy
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I'd highly advise, if you are in the area attend this!!!! You will learn SOOOOOO much!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
ginobetterfly

i put my name on the list... but no one is updating..
Old 08-29-2007, 02:50 PM
brickyardzee

Smile

Originally Posted by ginobetterfly
i put my name on the list... but no one is updating..
Don't worry about it. Meguiars doesn't update the list every day. If you have posted on the thread you are in! There is still space left so its not a problem. See you there!

I really thought more Z enthusiasts would take advantage of this unique opportunity but there is still a number of open slots.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i registered on the forum- how long does it usually take to get approved?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM
brickyardzee

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
i registered on the forum- how long does it usually take to get approved?
Basically, if you posted in the forum and there is room on the classroom your in. We still have about 10 spots available so there shouldn't be any issue with you attending the class. Plan on attending. Meguiars doesn't update the list on a regular basis but I would imagine with the class getting closer they may be watching it more often.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by brickyardzee
Basically, if you posted in the forum and there is room on the classroom your in. We still have about 10 spots available so there shouldn't be any issue with you attending the class. Plan on attending. Meguiars doesn't update the list on a regular basis but I would imagine with the class getting closer they may be watching it more often.

no, i registered for the forum - wouldnt let me post anything cause i need to get approval for my registration or something......

it said i woulg send me an email when i was approved
Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 PM
brickyardzee

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
no, i registered for the forum - wouldnt let me post anything cause i need to get approval for my registration or something......

it said i woulg send me an email when i was approved
Oh, I don't know about that part. I seem to recall it was almost instantaneous that I had an account and could log onto the forum. If this isn't resolved in another day or two post here and I will try to see if it can get straightened out. I can send a PM to one of the Meguiars employee's who conducts the classes and manages the forum.

Oh, and he has a 260Z that he is bringing to our event.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 AM
SponGer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't go on the 8th. When's the next one?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:50 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by brickyardzee
Oh, I don't know about that part. I seem to recall it was almost instantaneous that I had an account and could log onto the forum. If this isn't resolved in another day or two post here and I will try to see if it can get straightened out. I can send a PM to one of the Meguiars employee's who conducts the classes and manages the forum.

Oh, and he has a 260Z that he is bringing to our event.

cool. thanks!

i havent received an email from them yet. but will post if i dont get approved in a couple days.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:20 AM
brickyardzee

Originally Posted by SponGer
I can't go on the 8th. When's the next one?
Clubs or groups have to pick an open date and request the class. Once Meguiars establishes it the club/group members can sign up for it. You can go to the Meguiars forum and see the entire class shedule but I think all dates are booked with clubs for the year. If a club/group doesn't fill the entire class they will allow anyone to register for the class one week before it occurs. Maybe you can check some of the other dates and try to get into one that fits your schedule. Sorry you can't make it.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:35 AM
LAKERSFAN

got my approval today. Thanks for checking into it for me Brickyardzee!

Have posted in that thread to get me signed up.

thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
brickyardzee

There are only 9 openings left for this event. We only have one car volunteered as a class car for doing the hands on work and need another person to volunteer their car. Its a chance for you to get your car detailed under Meguiars watchful eye for free. If you have a dark colored are and are willing to let the class detail it for you please let me know.

Last edited by brickyardzee; 08-31-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:57 AM
brickyardzee

Thumbs up

There is only room for 6 more students in this class so if your interested you should sign up soon. The class is in 4 days!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:15 AM
brickyardzee

This event is tomorrow.

There are for openings still available for anyone wanting to make a last minute decision, come and and join us! One of the Meguiars teachers, Mike Phillips, will be bringing his 260Z.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
brickyardzee

Thanks to those who attended. It was great to meet some of you and the class was really good. Check out the Meguiarsonline forum for pics of the event.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
zerogravity

Wish i could have made it...i love Maguire's stuff.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:05 PM
wayneside

post pics on the site pls!!!