Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

2013 Midwest Z Heritage,June14-15, Nashville,INDIANA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 AM
z74z90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MantisMan- "Day of Show" is OK and the weather does influence that a lot. If you want to be in the show,either People's Choice or the judged version, I suggest that you arrive as early as possible in order to be able to get a t-shirt and banquet meal. If there is heavy last minute registation we might run out of both. Day of show registration is 8am-10am.

350zchad- Our charity beneficiary, Paws & Think, is going to be there with a couple of their dogs to generate some interest in their unique work. If you show up with your dogs, well, what can I say...the show is truly going to the dogs. Oh, and we do not have a category for either the Element or the dogs! lol.

Here is the latest update:

Time does indeed fly and the Branson Z Fest has wrapped up. That leaves the Midwest Z Heritage show next up on June 14-15!! Even though the official registration date has just passed there is still time to make hotel plans and mail in a show reservation…just do it quickly to assure a banquet dinner and hopefully a t-shirt.

We are lucky to have as participants some of the heavy hitters of the Z world. We are expecting Chris Karl, Executive Director of the ZCCA, and “Mad Mike” Taylor, the ZCCA liaison to Japan. Mike is going to make the trip all the way from Grapevine, Texas! He is one of the people that lobbied the hardest to get the 350Z imported to the USA. He is coming off of two sellout appearances at ZDAYZ and Branson, but promises completely new material to keep you entertained.

Get on the website, www.midwestzheritage.com, check out the details and get the registration form mailed at once. There is still time to join us in one of the nicest areas of the state of Indiana. There are plenty of back roads to drive and plenty of shops of all kinds in the Art Colony of Nashville.

And we still need Infiniti G’s and Nissan GTR’s… Spread the word!
Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by z74z90
MantisMan- "Day of Show" is OK and the weather does influence that a lot. If you want to be in the show,either People's Choice or the judged version, I suggest that you arrive as early as possible in order to be able to get a t-shirt and banquet meal. If there is heavy last minute registation we might run out of both. Day of show registration is 8am-10am.

350zchad- Our charity beneficiary, Paws & Think, is going to be there with a couple of their dogs to generate some interest in their unique work. If you show up with your dogs, well, what can I say...the show is truly going to the dogs. Oh, and we do not have a category for either the Element or the dogs! lol.

Here is the latest update:

Time does indeed fly and the Branson Z Fest has wrapped up. That leaves the Midwest Z Heritage show next up on June 14-15!! Even though the official registration date has just passed there is still time to make hotel plans and mail in a show reservation…just do it quickly to assure a banquet dinner and hopefully a t-shirt.

We are lucky to have as participants some of the heavy hitters of the Z world. We are expecting Chris Karl, Executive Director of the ZCCA, and “Mad Mike” Taylor, the ZCCA liaison to Japan. Mike is going to make the trip all the way from Grapevine, Texas! He is one of the people that lobbied the hardest to get the 350Z imported to the USA. He is coming off of two sellout appearances at ZDAYZ and Branson, but promises completely new material to keep you entertained.

Get on the website, www.midwestzheritage.com, check out the details and get the registration form mailed at once. There is still time to join us in one of the nicest areas of the state of Indiana. There are plenty of back roads to drive and plenty of shops of all kinds in the Art Colony of Nashville.

And we still need Infiniti G’s and Nissan GTR’s… Spread the word!
weather is looking better, my brother is planning on coming too with his GTR.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
kingdom

hi there. I just found out about this event. Do I need to register if I ONLY interested in the driving, NOT the show?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:07 PM
350zchad

Originally Posted by kingdom
hi there. I just found out about this event. Do I need to register if I ONLY interested in the driving, NOT the show?
no, just show up and park somewhere and when the show is over follow some people
Old 06-09-2013, 03:56 PM
z74z90

350zchad...you are such a cheater! It really depends on how long you plan to stay and what you want to do. To have access to the hospitality suite on Friday and Saturday, to have a banquet meal and t-shirt on Saturday nite and to be able to participate in the raffle/silent auction at the banquet ...you must be registered in some manner. $70. bucks for the judged show and $50 bucks for the People's Choice which includes 1 t-shirt, 1 banquet meal and 1 goodie bag. However, since pre-registration has ended we cannot guarantee that t-shirts and banquet meals will be available to late comers, but they will be available as long as supply lasts. Each registrant will receive a goodie bag which contains...guess what....a color map showing two driving routes that will take a total of 2 hours or so complete. So, yes, Kingdom, show up, hang out and peek at someone elses map...but wouldn't you feel really guilty?

Last edited by z74z90; 06-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM
350zchad

350zchad...you are such a cheater! It really depends on how long you plan to stay and what you want to do. To have access to the hospitality suite on Friday and Saturday, to have a banquet meal and t-shirt on Saturday nite and to be able to participate in the raffle/silent auction at the banquet ...you must be registered in some manner. $70. bucks for the judged show and $50 bucks for the People's Choice which includes 1 t-shirt, 1 banquet meal and 1 goodie bag. However, since pre-registration has ended we cannot guarantee that t-shirts and banquet meals will be available to late comers, but they will be available as long as supply lasts. Each registrant will receive a goodie bag which contains...guess what....a color map showing two driving routes that will take a total of 2 hours or so complete. So, yes, Kingdom, show up, hang out and peek at someone elses map...but wouldn't you feel really guilty?
no, I'm not.. I'm paying sat morning.. where do i pay and park? Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 PM
z74z90

Current weather forecast calls of 80+ and no rain. Does that mean you are driving the Z or the Element? Z parking is right over here but Element parking is way over there...in general terms!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
kingdom

i would feel guilty until i look at the extra $70 in my pocket.

im not interested in anything besides seeing some cool cars and going on a drive. 70 bucks is an expensive map for public roads....

is there a facebook page or any other thread that is more active where I might make those friends that will graciously share the road with me on a drive?

thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 PM
z74z90

Kingdom...go to the show website,www.midwestzheritage.com ,and there is a link on the home page to Facebook done by IMIN and Ohio G. However, I cannot make any promises of how active it is. If you are just wanting to be a spectator there should be plenty of unused maps available as many do not go on the drives. That being said...As far as the 70 bucks goes, that covers the banquet meal, t-shirt, hospitality suite drinks and snacks, equipment rental fees, etc.. Our club is a non-profit and every bit of money left over goes to our event 501(c)3 charity, Paws and Think of Indianapolis. We aren't in this for the money.

This be the last call.....

Last call…for the Midwest Z Heritage!! “Day of Show” registrations are Welcome, so we hope your last minute plans permit you to join us. However, since the t-shirts and the banquet dinners are ordered ahead of time, we had to “guesstimate” the number of day of show registrations. If we have guessed wrong, we may not be able to provide you with either, but that doesn’t mean all is lost. It is still possible to join in the Nissan fun. Basic details are on the registration page of the show website, www.midwestzheritage.com.

“Mad Mike” Taylor advised me that I had his involvement with Nissan slightly wrong in the previous post. He states, “I lobbied to have Nissan continue producing a Z after 1996 which turned into the 350Z, which I helped develop))”. I knew he was a big cheese anyway.

Last year, at the Hot, Hot, Hot ZROC Midwest Z Heritage in Columbus, I promised a 72 degree, sunny day for our event. Well, it turns out that the actual forecast from both Accuweather and TWC is for about 80 degrees and partly sunny. No real rain in the forecast, so it might be safe to leave the garage. Regardless, we have to take what we get! Join us this Friday and Saturday! Bring your Z/G/GTR friends!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:27 AM
MantisMan

Had to work today but I took a long lunch and made the short trip over to Nashville and got registered.
Lot of nice looking cars already there

Weather should be great tomorrow so really looking forward to the show!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Weather was good. Great show with 75 cars and 123 people attending the awards ceremony. I had a great time meeting a lot of z fanatics like myself! A lot of great looking cars and fantastic group of people. The Indy Z club did a fantastic job coordinating everything.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
MantisMan

Originally Posted by ZROCM
Weather was good. Great show with 75 cars and 123 people attending the awards ceremony. I had a great time meeting a lot of z fanatics like myself! A lot of great looking cars and fantastic group of people. The Indy Z club did a fantastic job coordinating everything.
This X10.....me and the wife had a blast.

Also, check out the media section for a thread with pics of the event.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 AM
ZROCM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MantisMan
This X10.....me and the wife had a blast.

Also, check out the media section for a thread with pics of the event.
Nice pictures. I added a few as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM
z74z90

Thanks, guys! Glad you had a nice time. My official "final" post on this event will be later this week but in the meantime check out the POST SHOW Wrap Up at the show site, www.midwestzheritage.com.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you for a great well organized event!

Thanks for the nice write up too!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM
350zchad

was a good show.. judges weren't accurate at all or biased to the sponsers (just a heads up for not entering show in the future).. just received my score card.. few examples.. tires worn (mine are new) exhaust dirty... my tips are washed and polished inside and out every wash (i was there when the judge said exhaust clean to other judge).
Dust on my paint.. lol my paint was the cleanest there and its black! Next year I'll bring my enclosed tent and make everyone where a anti static suit to enter the tent.

car isn't driven in inclement weather and is better than showroom clean.. black car no swirls , chips, dents, or imperfections .
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 AM
MantisMan

^ Probably docked points because roadster
Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 PM
z74z90

Please visit www.midwestzheritage.com for the Post Show Wrap Up…photos of all the cars, slide show of the winners, and the banquet and awards ceremony. See if you can recognize the guy sporting the nice red wig!

The cars were spectacular once again! They arrived representing 12 different car clubs…from Canada to Texas and everywhere in between. We had 18 cars that did not have a club affiliation. Perhaps they made some new friends and might now consider a club in their area.

Next year’s 15th Annual Midwest Z Heritage Show will be hosted by Cleveland Z Club and held in Aurora, OH, at the Bertram Inn, on June 13th-15th. Check www.midwestzheritage.com after January 1st, 2014, for complete information on that event. The show returns to Indiana in 2017!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Callmetony

ah man I wish I could have been there! I live just 30 min east of Nashville. Any plans for another event at same location? I'll check out midwest z heritage group.