Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

S2000 CR Vs. 350z Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:21 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

the only S2k I really ever liked is the Seeker S2K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mrxl_1fXEs

just so mean
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Yeah, Honda has no clue when it comes to performance. It's not like they have a successful Formula 1 team or whatnot.
No one was talking about formula 1 racing here buddy...hahah wth is wrong with you, am speaking production cars only
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 AM
gabez33

Originally Posted by freakvision03
hmmmm, really.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-va6mcSUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDeL-Z14uQs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEr1RPzoBHU

and this video is the NSX running with some exotics that have twice as much HP and the thing is.... i dont even see a Nissan in there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VjgbvpyCp8

yes, i will say nissan has stepped up big time with the new GTR because that thing is sexy and fast as hell there's no doubt about it. so we'll just have to see what the new NSX has to offer, i hear its coming with a AWD v10 550hp but like i said we'll just have to see.
nice vids, but I could have found similar videos with the GTR beating the NSX. You just basically found a few vids 2 support your argument. And about the last video, the GT3 had the best laptime there, if the r35 would have been present there, this video would have never made its way here. Look, lol I love honda, am always defending the s2k around here against fan boying that goes on here. But Nissan has tipped the scales and honda is behind, cant wait to c what honda does next, but for now...Nissan FTW
Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

^^^ship jumper
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
gabez33

Originally Posted by KingBaby
^^^ship jumper

just trying 2 keep it civil in here
Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Cyp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Honda has no clue when it comes to performance. It's not like they have a successful Formula 1 team or whatnot.
Does Nissan have a formula 1 team??
Old 06-06-2008, 10:53 AM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Hmm my HR has more than enough TQ to kick Mustangs butts. My REV-UP didn't though tilll the MREV.

are you kidding me... come one man, get a clue the HR's are quick, but a newer stock stang GT will usually take the win..... with equal drivers its a good race... and the 03-04 Cobras will stomp you

and I am speaking about the non-nismo HR's... the Nismo ones would be hard pressed to beat a new GT stock for stock...

and looking at the numbers in your sig... and the top 1/4 mile times on this forum confirms it.. the nismo's dont fair very well in comparison..

that and I run the 1/4 with a couple of modd'ed nismo Z's and have seen how the perform
Old 06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by C5_vette
are you kidding me... come one man, get a clue the HR's are quick, but a newer stock stang GT will usually take the win..... with equal drivers its a good race... and the 03-04 Cobras will stomp you

and I am speaking about the non-nismo HR's... the Nismo ones would be hard pressed to beat a new GT stock for stock...

and looking at the numbers in your sig... and the top 1/4 mile times on this forum confirms it.. the nismo's dont fair very well in comparison..

that and I run the 1/4 with a couple of modd'ed nismo Z's and have seen how the perform
Sorry a stock GT stang will not take a win. Most 95% STOCK GT stangs, up to the current model run mid 13s. Not even LOW 13s. The 350Zs are running low 13s. Especially the older body style GT's low 14s, or lucky high 13s.

Stangs are not that fast, and definitely not as quick as the HR. But they are very close. Even the mustang forum guys since I have had friends with them, even say the HR is one that would take the win against a stock mustang. But mod for mod the mustang will prevail.

My #'s in my sig are due to bad track conditions and never have driven the nismo at the track. Other owners here I believe two so far have gotten low 13s in a NISMO at the track. I have also beaten a few mustang GT's already in mine.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Cyp
Does Nissan have a formula 1 team??
They partner with Renault.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

They are both very good track cars in their respective class. On that day the Z took the win. From my expereince they will USALLY take the win vs. an s2000. Doesnt mean the Honda's are crap. Theyre just soooo damn close when it comes to #'s....
Old 06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Changvi
Uh, the last time i checked, we didn't have to rev all the way to 7800k+ to get 306hp....
only 6800

But I guess that makes any other 8k+ rpm engines crap...

Ferrari... Porsche... BMW... sportbikes...

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
<3 how everyone makes comments about power when both cars are designed to HANDLE. There is a reason neither cars have power increases compared to their respective base versions.
Quoted for emphasis.

Last edited by Mike@RiversideInfiniti; 06-06-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Sorry a stock GT stang will not take a win. Most 95% STOCK GT stangs, up to the current model run mid 13s. Not even LOW 13s. The 350Zs are running low 13s. Especially the older body style GT's low 14s, or lucky high 13s.

Stangs are not that fast, and definitely not as quick as the HR. But they are very close. Even the mustang forum guys since I have had friends with them, even say the HR is one that would take the win against a stock mustang. But mod for mod the mustang will prevail.

My #'s in my sig are due to bad track conditions and never have driven the nismo at the track. Other owners here I believe two so far have gotten low 13s in a NISMO at the track. I have also beaten a few mustang GT's already in mine.

the new stangs typically run mid-low 13's.. so like i said with equal drivers its a good race.. not that many Hr's are running low 13's... most of them run mid 13's..

also I have yet to see one nismo Z run low 13's stock, and there are at least 5 in my area that I see regularly...

I also go to all the 350z track days and have seen what they can run.... only nismo's I have seen run low 13's were modded....( it was never meant to drag race anyway )

I ran an HR and a GT when i was stock and the GT kept up longer then the Z... ofcourse the old stangs will lose to the HR....
Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Changvi

only 6800

Ferrari... Porsche... BMW... sportbikes...

Quoted for emphasis.
LOL.......Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW are not in the same class as the Z. Yes, they do rev high, but at least they are making more power and more torque than S2k up top. LOL.....Come on, you must be kidding me to use sport bike's engine in comparison to Z and S2k......
Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Changvi

wow thats a pretty stupid statement, just because one car has to be revd up pretty good to make power its a piece of ****? so i guess according to you the new M3 is a piece junk also because that revs to 8300rpm

the s2k is actually a blast to drive thats why i own one but im looking for something different thats why im looking at the Z

LOL....for one, even though M3's do rev high, at least they make twice as much power up top than the S2k........ Two, its a V8, not a 4 banger that sounds like a bumble bee.... Three, BMW's are superior to Honda in every way, so i wouldn't call it a piece of junk, nor i said it was a piece of junk. I'm sure you will change your mind about S2K when you do actually own a Z.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Vendor - Former Vendor

First and foremost, even with its lighter weight, S2k is way under powered with absolutely no torque or what so ever. First hand experience with my co-worker's 05 S2k. Two, You have to rev the crap out of that 2.2 liter to reach its maximum power and torque, well, if it has any.... Not all engines are bulletproof from high revs. Sooner or later, something is going to give. Not saying that it will never happen with VQ's, but our power and torque is there so we don't have to rev the shiet out of the engine (stock for stock). Another annoying thing about some of the S2k drivers(mostly young kids), is that they think their car is god when they are modified. Pssh....please, give me a break.
LOL.......Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW are not in the same class as the Z. Yes, they do rev high, but at least they are making more power and more torque than S2k up top. LOL.....Come on, you must be kidding me to use sport bike's engine in comparison to Z and S2k......
I'm comparing them to what you said. I never said their cars are in the same league as a S2k or 350z.

Yes, BMW/Ferrari/Porsche use larger engines so they create more torque, but you still have to 'rev the crap out of them' to reach their peak power. I'm sorry Nissan doesn't make sportbikes... Honda does.

Lets not even get into F1 engines...

Broad statements will get broad responses.

LOL....for one, even though M3's do rev high, at least they make twice as much power up top than the S2k........ Two, its a V8, not a 4 banger that sounds like a bumble bee.... Three, BMW's are superior to Honda in every way, so i wouldn't call it a piece of junk, nor i said it was a piece of junk. I'm sure you will change your mind about S2K when you do actually own a Z.
double the displacement, but not quite double the power. Funny how the torque is nearly double though

Again why all the power discussion? These cars are both made to HANDLE.

Last edited by Mike@RiversideInfiniti; 06-06-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Changvi

I'm comparing them to what you said. I never said their cars are in the same league as a S2k or 350z.

Yes, BMW/Ferrari/Porsche use larger engines so they create more torque, but you still have to 'rev the crap out of them' to reach their peak power. I'm sorry Nissan doesn't make sportbikes... Honda does.

Lets not even get into F1 engines...

Broad statements will get broad responses.

double the displacement, but not quite double the power. Funny how the torque is nearly double though

Again why all the power discussion? These cars are both made to HANDLE.
Ferrari... Porsche... BMW... sportbikes...Quoted for emphasis.
^^^With such a broad statement, you also get a broad response..... I'm sorry, but i never said that Nissan ever made bikes, and i know they don't.... Hmm...interesting, i never said anything about doubling torque, did I? I'm not doubting both cars can handle, the power discussion was in response to someone said that HONDA engines FTW........lol.

Last edited by Changvi; 06-06-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:50 PM
freakvision03

Originally Posted by gabez33
nice vids, but I could have found similar videos with the GTR beating the NSX. You just basically found a few vids 2 support your argument. And about the last video, the GT3 had the best laptime there, if the r35 would have been present there, this video would have never made its way here. Look, lol I love honda, am always defending the s2k around here against fan boying that goes on here. But Nissan has tipped the scales and honda is behind, cant wait to c what honda does next, but for now...Nissan FTW
you probably can, but i just went through the first two pages and thats what i came up with after typing Honda NSX vs nissan skyline and i couldn't agree more with honda being so far behind in the sports car class.

well i sure hope so that thing does have a v8. but if you look at the M3's torque numbers which is 295lbft, that is awfully low for a V8. don't you think?
Old 06-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Changvi

you probably can, but i just went through the first two pages and thats what i came up with after typing Honda NSX vs nissan skyline and i couldn't agree more with honda being so far behind in the sports car class.

well i sure hope so that thing does have a v8. but if you look at the M3's torque numbers which is 295lbft, that is awfully low for a V8. don't you think?
I completely agree with you. Torque is pretty low for a V8.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:16 PM
shinkuu

that track favored the Z, i think if they did it on SOW the s2000 would win.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Cyp

They partner with Renault.
Thanks. I did not know that.

Quick Reply: S2000 CR Vs. 350z Nismo