Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Wifes 350z

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 AM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I highly doubt the wife even drives it anymore.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 AM
1evilevo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saywat?
the rear fake bumper tuck and paint scheme looks hella generic. exterior wise the cars pretty ugly
Rear fake bumper tuck? Have you heard of Fabulous? Google is your friend:
http://www.fabuloususa.com/?_page=5&p_idx=71

and HELLA GENERIC paint job? Time for new glasses junior.. 3 tone custom paint job, originally a silver car, black painted in and pin striped with custom house of colors kandy red...only thing HELLA generic is your ignorance
Now run along and throw some more negative camber into your ride
Originally Posted by ZS14
Number 69 classy lady you have.
Actually she is very classy..ever think the 69 might have another meaning other than the one you automatically ***ume? Obvisouly a Freudian typing slip going on there.. shows the extent of your intelligence..falling very short to say the least

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Ewww
We didn't need to know what your mother said when you were born..but thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by Kingeddie
A minute and 45sec of my life that i would never get back.
Just that much closer to the end of your existance..sounds good to me

Originally Posted by Spork
Ugly pile of sh*t right there.
Ok one could say that about your generic R32/33 from the looks of your avatar..if that really is even the case...but hey its the interwebz

Originally Posted by taywan
Why 69 sticker ? No wonder why she doesn't like to drive it. And the paint scheme. I understand "to each their own". But jeeZ!! Sorry bra-I vote hella-no.
cust 3 tone that she chose so it would actually be unique..how many Z's have you seen that look like that? Or since from your sig she was making above those numbers before the engine was built? Or you just Jelly "bra"? Sounds like someone's wearing their thong to high up to me
Originally Posted by KingBaby
If it were one color would look way better like yellow since you want folks to see you!
Isn't that the idea of a show car..to be seen rather than be looked upon as just "another" run of the mill Z? A few 1st place trophies from HIN and other shows has to say something..and being in a nationally recognized/respected club such as Jinsoku as well.

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
did i meet you? u work at cecil field?

-J
Nope don't work anywhere near Cecil, but might see it downtown or around the beaches area..might have met us at the road course events down in St. Augustine?
~Jon

Originally Posted by XM 1
what song is this??
Two steps from hell-Heart of courage

Originally Posted by JDSMotoring
Said the guy with the wing so big even a 747 pilot would face palm looking at it

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Nice video editing work!
Appreciate it I Will be doing an updated one once she gets done with some more custom fabrication and that larger turbo at the end getting put on

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
^ ^I agree, you’ve done a great job on that video. Also I love the way your Z hauls *** and sounds great. Are those fog lights wide angle or can you use them as supplementary driving lights? A fast car can never have enough headlight power. Your wife is super lucky to have such a great guy who built her that. I’m all jelly of her.
I'd take credit for the build..but I only handled taking car of the built motor..All the rest of it custom suede interior, all stereo,audio etc paint scheme, turbo kit, rims all that is to her credit.. her creativeness shows.. I'm just the grease monkey husband
They are designed for supplementary driving lights, but she wants to look into doing a halogen conversion as it doesn't look as clean..which I do agree upon.

Originally Posted by saywat?
I highly doubt the wife even drives it anymore.
She dailys it now(for the breakin period), has autoX'd it in the past, circuit raced it, drag raced it and it has seen action on the street.. I'd post vids but obviously the mods say no no to that kind of thing here..

All in all most of the negative responses I expected given the usual crowd that trolls here(ignorance might be bliss, but please follow this icon's example ..it will make the world a better place )..so not surprised..those with positive comments, I as well as the Mrs. appreciate them
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Funi2492

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I think it looks pretty good... Props on originality

Realistically every other z I have seen with a custom paint job has looked like poo poo to me...

Your wife's is custom and flashy without being ridiculous

The turbo doesn't hurt it either haha

But yes make a new vid with your wife actually driving the car and then everyone will love it lolol

Also... Pics of said wife.. haha jk good work op
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM
saywat?

idk from the vid looks like all the lines in the paint job are not straight and drawn using a sharpie esp the rear.

and wats the significances of a z that a dude fully modded and given to his wife to drive?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by 1evilevo
Rear fake bumper tuck? Have you heard of Fabulous? Google is your friend:
http://www.fabuloususa.com/?_page=5&p_idx=71

and HELLA GENERIC paint job? Time for new glasses junior.. 3 tone custom paint job, originally a silver car, black painted in and pin striped with custom house of colors kandy red...only thing HELLA generic is your ignorance
Now run along and throw some more negative camber into your ride

Actually she is very classy..ever think the 69 might have another meaning other than the one you automatically ***ume? Obvisouly a Freudian typing slip going on there.. shows the extent of your intelligence..falling very short to say the least

We didn't need to know what your mother said when you were born..but thanks for sharing

Just that much closer to the end of your existance..sounds good to me

Ok one could say that about your generic R32/33 from the looks of your avatar..if that really is even the case...but hey its the interwebz

cust 3 tone that she chose so it would actually be unique..how many Z's have you seen that look like that? Or since from your sig she was making above those numbers before the engine was built? Or you just Jelly "bra"? Sounds like someone's wearing their thong to high up to me

Isn't that the idea of a show car..to be seen rather than be looked upon as just "another" run of the mill Z? A few 1st place trophies from HIN and other shows has to say something..and being in a nationally recognized/respected club such as Jinsoku as well.

Nope don't work anywhere near Cecil, but might see it downtown or around the beaches area..might have met us at the road course events down in St. Augustine?
~Jon

Two steps from hell-Heart of courage

Said the guy with the wing so big even a 747 pilot would face palm looking at it

Appreciate it I Will be doing an updated one once she gets done with some more custom fabrication and that larger turbo at the end getting put on

I'd take credit for the build..but I only handled taking car of the built motor..All the rest of it custom suede interior, all stereo,audio etc paint scheme, turbo kit, rims all that is to her credit.. her creativeness shows.. I'm just the grease monkey husband
They are designed for supplementary driving lights, but she wants to look into doing a halogen conversion as it doesn't look as clean..which I do agree upon.

She dailys it now(for the breakin period), has autoX'd it in the past, circuit raced it, drag raced it and it has seen action on the street.. I'd post vids but obviously the mods say no no to that kind of thing here..

All in all most of the negative responses I expected given the usual crowd that trolls here(ignorance might be bliss, but please follow this icon's example ..it will make the world a better place )..so not surprised..those with positive comments, I as well as the Mrs. appreciate them
iLOL'd

Offended much?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
saywat?

jus cus fabulous makes some kit for the z doesnt means its automatically nice. its actually pretty ugly. idk that rear doesnt look like the same rear
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jelly?-- Far from that. And I could careless if that thing made more before build. Plenty of people making way more than me w stock blocks. What cha want - a cookie?
Just opinions here that's all. That's what u posted for correct?

Do u have a pic of that 1evil"Evo"?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:46 AM
saywat?

the best threads are the ones of people posting pics of their car thinking its the bomb this whole time only the get bombed by the honest folks on the forum lol
Old 08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
taywan

https://my350z.com/forum/new-owners/...-finished.html

Maybe y'all can win trophies together.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM
herrschaft

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Get away from the F&F theme and it won't look that bad.

Last edited by herrschaft; 08-02-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
tkuntz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly,

your car is different compared to what you said "run of the mill" Z's. Being that this is your car and you customized it to how YOU saw fit and how YOU wanted it, you have to also realize that not everyone is going to love your taste. It comes with the territory of moding vehicles.

Your car is different in it's own way, it has it's own style and isn't a bad build, there are way worse out there. You have to learn to take comments from people with a grain of salt and move on. Truth be told, showing pictures of trophies and awards would have been best posted in your original post as apposed to using them as a defence mechanisim.

We all hate it when people make fun of our projects and our taste but thats the way the world is and EVERYONE is going to jump on you and give you a hard time now that they know they can get you worked up.

Remember it's your own personal taste and not everyone is going to be a fan, it's your car, your build, be happy for yourself and try not to flash your trophies off to make your car "worthy" of compliments cuz all it does is back fire on a person.

All that said, it's a one of kind and isn't another run of the mill z, good job on your build.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM
saywat?

^not to be a dick but do we REALLY need to hear one of these speeches in everyone one of these threads?
Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The only thing that I don't like is the front bumper, everything else is nice.

Also, I really like the wheels.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like someone can't handle criticism very well.

< - patiently waits for OP's dreamed up response on criticism.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
taywan

^
LOL
Yup. Another smartass teenage remark I bet.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:53 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Pics of the evil Evo.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:36 AM
JDSMotoring
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1evilevo
for your information my wing serves a purpose and it's very functional when i drive on the track. i'm guessing you never take yours to a roadcourse.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
ShadowHunter66

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Look, it's cool car either way and I bet it's fun to drive. It's just "different". I think what makes your car a touchy subject is that it has a lot going on, maybe too much. Anyways, enjoy YOUR Z.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
resident25

I like the wheels and the stance, not a fan of the color scheme though and all those stickers are a bit overkill IMO. Just offering some constructive criticism. If your happy with it though, that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: Wifes 350z