Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Dyno'd my car today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Peak350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VitViper
Too bad ours don't have any rubber hose. It's two metal male ends going into two female ends in the dampener. All we need is like 2" of metal pipe with female connectors on each end.
Last time we blew a hydraulic line on our mowing tractor we got NAPA to fab a new line for us (shortly after that we bought the stuff to make lines ourselves). Am I correct in assuming (I don't want to look like a moron if I'm wrong) that the line is just under the pressure from the clutch pedal and there is no booster system on the clutch? If so shouldn't it be something that any hydraulic level line could be used for (aka something NAPA could make or you could use the tools like we bought from NAPA/tractor supply to make it?)

I've moved out from my parents place or I'd take a look at what we've got and try to put something together that would work, next time I'm home I'll look around but in all seriousness a good parts store or tractor supply (maybe even a n equipment service place) should be able to make that piece with NO trouble.

Last edited by Peak350; 10-01-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Peak350
Last time we blew a hydraulic line on our mowing tractor we got NAPA to fab a new line for us (shortly after that we bought the stuff to make lines ourselves). Am I correct in assuming (I don't want to look like a moron if I'm wrong) that the line is just under the pressure from the clutch pedal and there is no booster system on the clutch? If so shouldn't it be something that any hydraulic level line could be used for (aka something NAPA could make or you could use the tools like we bought from NAPA/tractor supply to make it?)

I've moved out from my parents place or I'd take a look at what we've got and try to put something together that would work, next time I'm home I'll look around but in all seriousness a good parts store or tractor supply (maybe even a n equipment service place) should be able to make that piece with NO trouble.
You are correct. It's under just the pressure of the clutch pedal. I called up the tranny place that did the rear end work on my Z to see what they say.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Gooey

My buddy at the shop isgoing to email me the runfiles soon. Stay tuned! but yea The mechanic told me that they justtakeout the dampener and gut it sometimes and it works like a charm.

Dont recommend that thought just in case you wanttokeep the part for safe keepings. I think fabricating a line would be pretty simple.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Gooey
My buddy at the shop isgoing to email me the runfiles soon. Stay tuned! but yea The mechanic told me that they justtakeout the dampener and gut it sometimes and it works like a charm.

Dont recommend that thought just in case you wanttokeep the part for safe keepings. I think fabricating a line would be pretty simple.
email me the run files d00d. vitviper at hotmail dot com.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
warmmilk

run files of??? excuse the noobiness
Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM
ajcool2

Originally Posted by warmmilk
run files of??? excuse the noobiness
The dyno charts.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Peak350

You are correct. It's under just the pressure of the clutch pedal. I called up the tranny place that did the rear end work on my Z to see what they say.
If anyone happens to get it apart can I get the measurements off those threads.

I'd just need diameter and pitch. If I can get the fittings together I'd be happy to make lines for people, its just a matter of testing it.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 PM
VitViper

If anyone happens to get it apart can I get the measurements off those threads.

I'd just need diameter and pitch. If I can get the fittings together I'd be happy to make lines for people, its just a matter of testing it.
Chances are they are just going to make the delete for me.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Seb-Specialty-Z

The Blitz R-Vit is only a monitoring device. It cannot manipulate settings:
http://www.blitz-performance.com/ind...index&cPath=18

They have an R-Fit but that is like an AFC.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Seb-Specialty-Z
The Blitz R-Vit is only a monitoring device. It cannot manipulate settings:
http://www.blitz-performance.com/ind...index&cPath=18

They have an R-Fit but that is like an AFC.
Sounds like I'm better off waiting for something like the Osiris or another flasher device.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Peak350

Chances are they are just going to make the delete for me.
I found a local shop that makes hydraulic lines all day . If someone does happen to take the measurements of the threads please let me know, I'll go have a few made. If not I'll do it when my rear tires go.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
VitViper

I found a local shop that makes hydraulic lines all day . If someone does happen to take the measurements of the threads please let me know, I'll go have a few made. If not I'll do it when my rear tires go.
I'll ask them to write down the thread info for me.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Gooey

Dyno chart added to post #1 bump!
Old 10-03-2007, 04:29 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

Dyno chart added to post #1 bump!
Gooey, Do you happen to have the A/F chart for your pulls? I want to compare it to mine:
Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Gooey

He didnt sent it over but I can get it but I can tell you my A/F chart looks pretty similar to yours but It ran lean all the way to 5k rpms
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 AM
VitViper

He didnt sent it over but I can get it but I can tell you my A/F chart looks pretty similar to yours but It ran lean all the way to 5k rpms
If you have the run files, it's all there. You just need to turn on a second graph.

BTW, our curves pretty much identical, cept mine is a lot more choppier... even with 5 smoothing. Guess the whole "gaping hole in the intake" kind of screws things up lol

Last edited by VitViper; 10-03-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gooey-your dyno is not uncorrected like you posted. It is STD corrected

Tell Mo to stop pulling up my dyno files lol, he's a cool guy I like him/his shop. I want to go dyno there again soon.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Gooey

Mo said your Z was the only worthy one for his time that was n/a Guess he likes to bring your dyno up when other Z's come to compare hwo they do. I told him about your new set and hes somewhat in disbelief about your 11.2 run so you should come by oneday and dyno it.

oh so how does my numbers compare since its std corrected?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mo said your Z was the only worthy one for his time that was n/a Guess he likes to bring your dyno up when other Z's come to compare hwo they do. I told him about your new set and hes somewhat in disbelief about your 11.2 run so you should come by oneday and dyno it.

oh so how does my numbers compare since its std corrected?
Not sure what file you saw, but my best was file #12--->262whp SAE corrected. STD it was 264whp I believe. Considering you put down way more with only a few mods, the HR's are bad$$. I dyno'dthere stock, NA 3X, andwith the ST. Gotta go to my "home" dyno and get my final baseline before the next round of mods Funnywhatyousay about the 11.2, he knows I can handle it though, I one time raced a guy when I was NA trapping 107mph with a turbo IS making 370whp. 1st gear roll I held him off till 4th gear. Needless to say they were both shocked, I have that one on video LOL!!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Gooey

He justdidnt believe in the "Low Boost" part. Then Itold him thatthe 490rwhp is on the dynodynamics so he thought to himself and knew what kinda of driver you were and said its possible...

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my car today.