Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Berk Technology 2007 HFC's are finally finished. Pictures inside.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toples z
yeah and since this is a thread for a VQ35HR then you would asum that its an 07 right?

why dont you handle your issues with berk personally before you go out and start making useless posts that people will get the wrong impression from...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
toples z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first of all i feel that the people on the forums have the right to know what im going through with berks, since i have payed them Nov 15 and it is now the 21 of november and i still dont even have an invoice. second of all this is the only way i can get hold of berks attention. and on top of al things i have (stylett9) busting my *****. (stylett9) mind your own bussines. if the replay doesnt consern you then keep your gay coments to yourself.

Last edited by toples z; 11-21-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
tnk210

You only get an invoice after they ship your product. If the parts are on backorder you wouldn't get anything until then.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:27 PM
toples z

i know that. im pissed because berks told me that the have the part in stock and that they were going to ship it the next day. i was hoping to have the HFC installed and i also wanted to dyno the car before winter storage and now i cant because its too late, and the car is alwready stored. & to top everything of when i ordered the HFC over the phone they told me that they were metallic, now berks is telling me that they are ceramic and that i can UPGRADE to a metallic for an additional $40 (discount as appose to )($100 regular price) which is BULL****. If that was the case then i wouldnt have got them in the first place!!!!! Berks is not answering my calls nor my messages, and that is not cool.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
stylett9

first of all i feel that the people on the forums have the right to know what im going through with berks, since i have payed them Nov 15 and it is now the 21 of november and i still dont even have an invoice. second of all this is the only way i can get hold of berks attention. and on top of al things i have (stylett9) busting my *****. (stylett9) mind your own bussines. if the replay doesnt consern you then keep your gay coments to yourself.

^ that right there shows me how credible of a person you are and hopefully everyone else realizes this too before they think twice about your posts.

"(stylett9) mind your own bussines. if the replay doesnt consern you then keep your gay coments to yourself. " nice, very mature bro. If you are so disapointed, call Brian and politely let him know you would like to cancel your order(if it's not too late). I'm sure he'll take care of it for you.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:13 PM
toples z

if been traing to get a hold of someone at berks for the past week by phone and e-mail. And i do want to cancel my order. i hate when people tell me one thing and then when the deal is done they sudenlly change their mind. that shows me that that person doesnt give a sh** about anything but making the sale. and you (stylett9) without knowing the situation jump the conclusion that im talking s*** and start puting me down,for no apperent reason.
The only reason i started posting the coments is, i wasnt abel to get a hold of any one at berks.

Last edited by toples z; 11-24-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:13 AM
tnk210

Wait until tomorrow. I have a feeling they are on a Thanksgiving break.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
toples z

some one from beks just called and i solved everything with them. i was just pissed that they have sent me a message saying tha its extra for metallic, turns ou it applies only to the VQ35DE.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 PM
stylett9

well glad to here everything worked out.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Berk_Technology
Banned

i know that. im pissed because berks told me that the have the part in stock and that they were going to ship it the next day. i was hoping to have the HFC installed and i also wanted to dyno the car before winter storage and now i cant because its too late, and the car is alwready stored. & to top everything of when i ordered the HFC over the phone they told me that they were metallic, now berks is telling me that they are ceramic and that i can UPGRADE to a metallic for an additional $40 (discount as appose to )($100 regular price) which is BULL****. If that was the case then i wouldnt have got them in the first place!!!!! Berks is not answering my calls nor my messages, and that is not cool.
We just had an American holiday over here called Thanksgiving. Sorry, but we didn't put this up on our site (just learned today that Canada has their Thanksgiving in October). That's why you could not get a hold of us for a few days.

Everythings cool and has been cool.

We offered to upgrade him to metallic cats (which I thought was what he had ordered), but he had already purchased the 07-up HFC's which come in metallic only. We're back off of holiday and your parts shipped today.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
stylett9

hey brian...dont forget what i mentioned about one of your employees..........lol
Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
c3 rolling

hey brian thanks for the intake pipe, I emailed you guys some pics with it installed on a popcharger. The fitment is spot on.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:16 PM
stylett9

brian...what is this about intake pipes?...... hit me up when you do it for the 07's!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:57 AM
blainer

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
Dyno's are done. We need to get another car in here though for more testing. But so far the results look great.

7.715 HP to the wheels
10.055 TQ to the wheels

Averaged accross 4 runs.

I am close as hell to Irvine. PM me if you need a test mule and I'd be happy to let you use my car.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
toples z

Thumbs up Berks Hfc

Just recieved the HFC today. I dont have a chance to install and dyno my car before and after as i said i would, because i put it away for winter storage. But looking at the HFC, looks very clean solid and like quality work. Very nice welds around the bends, and the even included high end copper gaskits along with hardwear (screws). SO FAR IM VERY IMPREST WITH THE HFC. ill just have to wait and see the power gaing around spring time.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Smasher

Is there a weight savings with these Berk HFC vs the stock OEM cats?
I have an 04 ZR.

What kind of WHP and torque gains could I expect with FI? I have APS TT kit, HKS dual exhaust and dynoed last summer of 390 WHP and 377tourqe

I have been thinking about getting these HCF for some time but wanted to know if the gains would be worth it. 15-20whp would be nice.

I don't want to run test pipes it will push to much extra power for my stock block and I do like to stay somewhat in the green zone.

thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 08:09 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by Smasher
Is there a weight savings with these Berk HFC vs the stock OEM cats?
I have an 04 ZR.

What kind of WHP and torque gains could I expect with FI? I have APS TT kit, HKS dual exhaust and dynoed last summer of 390 WHP and 377tourqe

I have been thinking about getting these HCF for some time but wanted to know if the gains would be worth it. 15-20whp would be nice.

I don't want to run test pipes it will push to much extra power for my stock block and I do like to stay somewhat in the green zone.

thanks
There is a pretty decent weight savings...i forgot what the exact numbers were but i believe he posted the weight beneifts in his for sale thread.

with a turbo kit, i would imagine somewhere between 10-15HP? That is just a guess. I made 10 lbs of torque and 7 horsepower off NA so i imagine F/I would be a little higher.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 AM
krnxwestsider

TO BERK:
off topic. but how much do you charge for shipping on your 07 test pipes in ca? i rather pick it up myself since im not too far away from irvine. and do you guys have your own facility that can install products?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Smasher

It appears the weight savings are around 6lbs a pc from the FS thread. For some reason I thought the OEM ones wieghed more.

It would be nice to here from someone who has tested gains on a TT set up.

Are these easy enough to install if I can jack up the car high enough to get underneath or would people recomend I take it to a garage? I read some comments about difficulties getting the O2 sensors out without damaging so maybe the garage is better?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:58 AM
tnk210

Originally Posted by Smasher
It appears the weight savings are around 6lbs a pc from the FS thread. For some reason I thought the OEM ones wieghed more.

It would be nice to here from someone who has tested gains on a TT set up.

Are these easy enough to install if I can jack up the car high enough to get underneath or would people recomend I take it to a garage? I read some comments about difficulties getting the O2 sensors out without damaging so maybe the garage is better?
I did it easily for mine. For the O2 sensors, just get the correct socket for it.

Quick Reply: Berk Technology 2007 HFC's are finally finished. Pictures inside.