Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Do AT5 HR's hit the stock rev limiter out of steptronic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:45 PM
infinite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do AT5 HR's hit the stock rev limiter out of steptronic?

I just installed my HFC's today, no check engine light, I went onto the freeway tonight, and I smashed on the gas to see how the car will do. I went from around 45mph to 80mph... and the car hit the speed quick, but there was a huge lag and loss of power between shifts, sort of like gas/air was cut out of it, after it hit the next gear it continued with it's power.

I was wondering if anyone experienced this. NO CEL's... I want to know if I hit the rev limiter or if it was something else that I should be concerned with. I wasn't using the steptronic.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:13 PM
A.H

I've never experienced that in auto mode, only in tiptronic when i misshift and hit the limiter. Try using tiptronic and shift and 7300 and see if you have that problem. If its gone then its no biggie cause people dont' usually redline gears in auto as often as tiptronic.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:21 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by A.H
I've never experienced that in auto mode, only in tiptronic when i misshift and hit the limiter. Try using tiptronic and shift and 7300 and see if you have that problem. If its gone then its no biggie cause people dont' usually redline gears in auto as often as tiptronic.
even if I haven't reflashed it?

It felt like a gas cutoff. I didn't like it at all, it got me all worried. I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
A.H

I'm not sure what my car felt like exactly because i got my valvebody quite some time ago but from what i remember i never got a "gas cutoff" in auto mode, only in tip when i shifted too late. Just see how it goes toamrrow and post some sounds clips with your new HFC
Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 PM
infinite

Originally Posted by A.H
I'm not sure what my car felt like exactly because i got my valvebody quite some time ago but from what i remember i never got a "gas cutoff" in auto mode, only in tip when i shifted too late. Just see how it goes toamrrow and post some sounds clips with your new HFC
I'll try to get some clips in soon. it's pretty loud, but I think that has to do with the fact that the gaskets aren't fully sealed up and the condensation that gets into the exhaust from being open. Atleast there's no rasp.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
0350z33

ive hit this while at the track in 1st gear... i doesnt seem like it will hurt much of anything though its very soft on my car and there is just a delay between gears