Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im surprised to hear that rtiid22. Ive never heard anything bad about tuning from Japtrix. Im going to wait awhile until they perfect it over there before I take my car to have it done. I cant afford to do it now anyways...
Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

They have cell phone numbers. Did he try those on the weekend?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:25 PM
rtiid22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
They have cell phone numbers. Did he try those on the weekend?
I dunno.. I just know he called a couple of times. I just hope it all gets resolved on Monday cuz my schedule's tight and that's a 2 hour drive for me and I really missed cruise control today on the way back.. I got my first cramp today! lol, wow, I'm serious! 21 years and I get it driving!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:51 AM
n2oHRZ

I went in for a tune on my 08 HR there also, i did 2 maps. My cruise control works fine, i picked up 30whp with just the motor tune.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:22 AM
kd07z

Originally Posted by n2oHRZ
I went in for a tune on my 08 HR there also, i did 2 maps. My cruise control works fine, i picked up 30whp with just the motor tune.
what did you get for whp and how did it feel on the street? can your car rev to 8K?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:06 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I just got back in from UPREV in Austin, TX. WOW! What a day.

My car has officially woken up. The HFCs I got caused my car to lean out a bit too much. Remember my stock tune was 260hp back when I had it done, I forget the TQ off hand but high 220s.

My first dyno today was 265 and low 230s tq. After they adjusted my car for the cats, it went up to 273 hp and 245 tq on a hot car after running back to back dyno runs with no cool down. The car made a good amount of power from just the cats!

We had two other NISMO's like mine. One was stock, the other had a NISMO intake. Both dynoed identical to each other 254-255 hp, and 225~ tq for stock other than the intake on that one which did nothing other than screw up his A/F. He needs a tune. So comparing my car to theirs the same day, my car is making 20 hp more and around 25 more ft of tq over stock! And this is peak. It gained throughout the whole rpm range.

15% drivetrain loss this is around 346~ hp to the crank. I am happy. No dyno sheet yet till they email it to me. They had many other dyno runs to finish that day.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Just a update guys about my Dyno Sheet.

UPREV is having difficulty getting me my dynosheets where I can view them properly. They are in contact with the Dyno people to resolve the problem. Once I get my dynosheet I will post it up!

So please be patient on the PMs.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by A.H
Nah, I was goign to at a point, but only cause i wanted a nitrous map and i am over that so no point. Plus I believe that if you just want an NA tune technosquare will get you more power and better reponse than UPrev. I would only go to uprev because of the ablility to have 5 maps on the stock ecu. Which isnt' necessary unles you have nitrous and need a map for that or your turbo/super.

PS: I just came back from a G meet and it was really really fun. I was the only Z their so I was representing for the community And becasue i went i completly ****ed myself over and I will proabbly stay up till 4 am doing work

Not calling you out. But honestly explain how it is that TS can make more power when they have less control then we offer.

I'm really curious as to why people think that such and such tuning offers more power than Uprev. Is it because we don't advertise ******** power numbers? Each car makes the power it is going to make, thats a function of the mechanicals, not a function of the tune. The only thing a tune can do is make a car run more efficiently, or keep it within safer parameters.

It is true that you can run the mechanicals on their ragged edge to make slightly more power 2-5%, but then you have a motor that is totally unreliable.

If you can show me where TS has more control and adjustability, or that they have control over some function of the ECU that allows them to make more power in some magical way I'd really like to know. Our Pro Tuners would be especially interested in that as they seem to think we give them more control than they have found in any other system and I'm certain they'd buy into TS and drop our products if it was true. But from what we've seen they have less than two thirds the total controls we have, and some of their controls are using technically incorrect code.

/thread jack
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by rtiid22
Ehh.. went to Japtrix/HP Logic today and got uprev.. few problems, I'm not really impressed.. kinda disappointed, hopefully everything would be resolved on Monday.

Well, I got there at 11 and tuning started at noon.

First the car was giving out a CEL U1000 and the car also had some launch control setting which made it lag a **** load below 30mph..

Then the tuner came up with that Uprev hasn't made a software for my ECU because I have the latest ECU for the 08 Zs.. I bought mine on the end of March 2008 so I dunno.. So he installed the software made for an older ECU for 08 and the lag went away but I can't switch maps and my cruise control doesn't work!! By this time it was 4:30 and he said there's nothing he cold do until Monday.. lets see what happens..

Dyno says I gained 5hp throughout the entire power band but I feel my car the same, and if wheel spin says anything than it's actually slower? Cuz before my car would burn rubber throughout 1st gear from 4k+ and now it just wheel churps.. so yeah.. Don't have any figures at hand.

I came in a too lean AFR 13 flat till 6800rpm then it drops to 12, he richen it up to 12.8/7 and leaned 13 after 6900rpm to redline.
We had some weird errors on the newest ECUs, and I think John is addressing them right now. I know Jack at Horsepower Logic has been on the phone with Jared twice today to make sure things are going well.

This is another one of the nice things about us though, if there is an issue we will work on it till it is resolved, we're not going to just pass you off.

As far as answering the phones on weekends, I'm sorry about that but even we need days off. I carry the work number with me 24/7 and if I'm on the phone leave a message and I'll get back to you. If it's a weekend or after our normal business hours I usually answer the phone but sometimes I'm at dinner or a movie. Also this last weekend was sorta crazy *** busy. Ask Solo-350Z he can tell you how busy we were and how many people were here. He can also tell you how good Wahoos Fish Tacos are.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by UpRev
We had some weird errors on the newest ECUs, and I think John is addressing them right now. I know Jack at Horsepower Logic has been on the phone with Jared twice today to make sure things are going well.

This is another one of the nice things about us though, if there is an issue we will work on it till it is resolved, we're not going to just pass you off.

As far as answering the phones on weekends, I'm sorry about that but even we need days off. I carry the work number with me 24/7 and if I'm on the phone leave a message and I'll get back to you. If it's a weekend or after our normal business hours I usually answer the phone but sometimes I'm at dinner or a movie. Also this last weekend was sorta crazy *** busy. Ask Solo-350Z he can tell you how busy we were and how many people were here. He can also tell you how good Wahoos Fish Tacos are.

And that is better than most companies do with answering calls!

I don't think Rich had enough time to enjoy his Tacos because he was so busy and had such a huge turn out from the event! I had two plates of those, I almost had 3. Those were good!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
And that is better than most companies do with answering calls!

I don't think Rich had enough time to enjoy his Tacos because he was so busy and had such a huge turn out from the event! I had two plates of those, I almost had 3. Those were good!!!!

I had one plate, and by the time I got to the tacos they were cold. I had like 30 RedBulls though thanks to them sponsoring the event.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:44 PM
tomtom

thumbs up for UPREV.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
rtiid22

I don't blame you guys for taking the weekends off, ****, I'm glad I got the weekends off! But it's good to know you guys are working on fixing the problem.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:54 PM
SickToyz350

I also got my 08 350z tuned at HPlogics with jack just yesturday using uprev and, i also was a little disapointed because he was not able to use the program to the fullest, he got my air fuel dialed in perfect its 12.7/8 while WOT and i am runing no cats so my check engine light was on he cleared that, and also eliminated my speed limiter. and i know for a fact that it worked because i tested it as soon as i left, the digital gage does not go past 160 but my rpms kept going up and also my speedometer, im guessing i got it up to 167mph in just 5th and when i went into 6th the car begain to slow down i gues that its too long of a gear and my car dint have enough power to keep it going. once he is able to adjust timing and raise RPM's he is going to call me back in.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:12 PM
rtiid22

Originally Posted by SickToyz350
I also got my 08 350z tuned at HPlogics with jack just yesturday using uprev and, i also was a little disapointed because he was not able to use the program to the fullest, he got my air fuel dialed in perfect its 12.7/8 while WOT and i am runing no cats so my check engine light was on he cleared that, and also eliminated my speed limiter. and i know for a fact that it worked because i tested it as soon as i left, the digital gage does not go past 160 but my rpms kept going up and also my speedometer, im guessing i got it up to 167mph in just 5th and when i went into 6th the car begain to slow down i gues that its too long of a gear and my car dint have enough power to keep it going. once he is able to adjust timing and raise RPM's he is going to call me back in.
What do you have done to your car so far besides test pipes?
Old 02-19-2009, 07:06 PM
Blck350z

I think ( with my limited knowledge....and by all means i'm on this forum to learn) TS advances the timing quite a bit????b/c some areas of the country you have 93/94 octane available all over .... so they can advance it a bit more and get more power out of it. So when I take my car in to get tuned from a qualified tuner... can I ask him to tune it more aggressively??? or at this point can't you adjust timing????
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
kennedy

Yo guys are awesome when Jared was in Tampa at S&R I couldn't ask for any better people to be working on my car. I know I throw the Uprev name out as much as possible and laugh when people say that TS and COBB are far more superior. GET ME A SHIRT DAMNIT!!!! lol
Old 02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by kennedy
Yo guys are awesome when Jared was in Tampa at S&R I couldn't ask for any better people to be working on my car. I know I throw the Uprev name out as much as possible and laugh when people say that TS and COBB are far more superior. GET ME A SHIRT DAMNIT!!!! lol
Just people trying to justify their purchase...

I have no comment about TS except I don't like the idea of shipping my ECU anywhere for ANY amount of time, and COBB has it's uses. But as of right now I think COBB is a waste of money unless you are planning on staying N/A.

I'm buying Osiris as soon as I get this COBB out of my hands since I'm going F/I... Maybe COBB will be better than it is now once they get their TunerRACE firmware out, IF they get it out. But I don't have the time/patience to wait and see.

I like what I see with Osiris and will likely have S&R install/tune my GReddy TT with Osiris. I'll probably still get a emanage too for boost control, but I want a "streetable" tune. I want the car to run like stock, just with more power. I see that happening with Osiris.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:12 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Blck350z
I think ( with my limited knowledge....and by all means i'm on this forum to learn) TS advances the timing quite a bit????b/c some areas of the country you have 93/94 octane available all over .... so they can advance it a bit more and get more power out of it. So when I take my car in to get tuned from a qualified tuner... can I ask him to tune it more aggressively??? or at this point can't you adjust timing????
We have timing adjustment, thats how you tune a car. I can't speak to why his ROM had issues as far as that is concerned and I'll have Jared call the tuner today about it.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:42 PM
SickToyz350

My car has JimWolf clutch and flywheel, AEM intakes and a single HKS exhaust, now Osires

Quick Reply: Uprev