Notices
West Canada British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Mantitoba, etc.

Any good performance shops around edmonton?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:37 AM
XM 1

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Any good performance shops around edmonton?

hi
as the title says i´m looking for a good performance shop in the edmonton area, which is able to order parts for my 350 Z (such as Volk rims and other stuff).

i´m not located right there, but my grandma lifes over there.
any suggestions?

thx in advance
Old 06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

XM

I am in Calgary and had a good experience with Mark Lacey at Tunerworks for my Volks (Tunerworks.com). The shop is one of two Alberta shops listed as distributors for Mackin (Rays distributor in North America). There is an Edmonton shop listed on Mackin's website, ? Garageworks ? (http://www.mackinindustries.com/md/rays/dist_volk.html) . Never dealt with them, but might be worth a call as they are local to you.

With the Canadian dollar as strong as it is, also consider the forum vendors, as they offer great prices. However, I received a good deal from Mark, and the minimal amount more was worth it for the piece of mind of a local re-seller.

What kind of performance "other stuff" were you considering?

For any complicated (ie. non-bolt-on) work I recommend RCTS (Reg Reimer Consulting Technical Services) - expensive, but knowledgable. www.monsterhorsepower.com.

Hope that helps

pp

Last edited by palepony; 06-10-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 PM
XM 1

thx for the infos.
i´m looking for bodykit parts, engine and brake components

i livfe in germany and those Z parts are really hard to get here for a fair price....4000$ for a set of GTS in RMC is a little tooo pricy for my taste (but i ordered them anyways).

maybe i´ll start living n canada one day(don´t know exactly), cause it´s really hard to get those import parts street legal here in germany

how is it in canada with import parts???don´t know anything about that..??
Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, you're not from around here. Might as well forget about RCTS - too expensive to buy parts from to ship overseas.

Really, the shipping is going to kill you for anything but small bolt ons. You are better off finding a local or european distributor.

Volks will run you about 4K + canadian with tires here anyway.

Modifications in canada have a lot to do with the province you live in. I only know of British Columbia(BC) and Alberta (AB). BC has something called Aircare (emissions testing), so extensive modifications (eg. turbo) might need to be tuned for emissions, bolt-ons probably not a problem. Alberta has an initial car inspection, after that, do all you want.

hope that helps

pp
Old 06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
XM 1

hm that sucks i thought i could buy volk rims for less then 4k cause that´s the same price i bought mine here in germany.

initial car inspection!!!that´s sounds nice to me are there any suggestions that these inspections are changed anyway?? (like in BC)