Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Hamlet's problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 05:49 PM
jcpeyton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hamlet's problem

Hamlet's (fatal) problem was indecision. Hoping to avoid Hamletitis, I've decided and ACTED on my decision. I purchased Stillen 5 position sways ($279 & free ship) and NISMO S TUNE shocks & springs (10% forum discount @ performancenissan). To hell with the warranty. I'm only 6k from 36k, and want new tires soon, anyway. Recommendations appreciated. I currenly run stock 18's front and rear w/ stock Potenzas.

ZBoater, Please forgive the non-Nismo transgression on the sways. The Stillen was just too good and reasonably priced, and adjustable to pass on.

All should arrive w/in 10 days. Installation immediately thereafter. Can't f*****g wait!!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:54 PM
jcpeyton

Default Re: Hamlet's problem

Originally posted by jcpeyton
Hamlet's (fatal) problem was indecision. Hoping to avoid Hamletitis, I've decided and ACTED on my decision. I purchased Stillen 5 position sways ($279 & free ship) and NISMO S TUNE shocks & springs (10% forum discount @ performancenissan). To hell with the warranty. I'm only 6k from 36k, and want new tires soon, anyway. Recommendations appreciated. I currenly run stock 18's front and rear w/ stock Potenzas.

ZBoater, Please forgive the non-Nismo transgression on the sways. The Stillen was just too good and reasonably priced, and adjustable to pass on.

All should arrive w/in 10 days. Installation immediately thereafter. Can't f*****g wait!!
FINALLY. Thanks for all the advice, guidance and help from all. This is The BEST Z forum.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:54 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What recommendations did you want? Looks like you made all the decisions.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:27 PM
jcpeyton

Originally posted by King Tut
What recommendations did you want? Looks like you made all the decisions.
I made what I thought were the best decisions for my budget and driving habits. As for recommendations, I've learned a lot from people on this forum, and if they had suggestions for settings on the Stillen sways, for example, I'd sure like to hear them. Can you contribute something positive on this subject?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:31 PM
jcpeyton

Also, recommendations as to tires. Anything positive to contribute on THIS subject?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Stillens will need your touch to be adjusted. Every driver is different so what feels good to one guy and helps him drive faster might seem too loose to someone else. Set them one way, go drive your favorite road, then adjust them and repeat. As for the tires. I have had no problems with my Dunlop SP9000s and other popular 350Z tires are the Potenza S-03 and Toyo T1-S.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:31 PM
jcpeyton

Thanks for your reply. Getting these changes "dialed-in" sounds like fun, and I look forward to the experience.
I currently run stock Potenzas, but have been looking at both Dunlops and Goodyears. How do you like the Dunlops? I ran them on several racing motorcycles a long time ago and liked them a lot. Did you start out w/ Potenzas and switch to the Dunlops? And, if so which do you prefer?