Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Scratch on Lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:16 PM
SooMighty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratch on Lip

So I was installing my Volk rims on my G35C and I accidently dropped a lug while I was unscrewing it off. It fell on the lip and left a little scratch/dent. Its almost unoticable but if you look for it you can see it. The size is very small. But still, I want to do what I can to better it. Someone recommended polish but I dont know. Any suggestions? The rims are SF Challenge BTW. Hekp!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:56 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about it. The first time you drive though some little rocks you have the chance of one getting up on your lip and scratching it. It is just part of the game. Remember the Volk lips are polished metal with a clearcoat over them so if the scratch is in the clear coat you can use the same techniques you would on your paint. Most people have not had good results when repairing Volk lips though.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:25 PM
tractng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soo,

Don't worry about it. I have a bent rim (volk GT7) on the front right. After taking to a few places, they all wanted $150 bucks.

One place told me because it is a polish lip, it will be dull after a few months. They said volks use anadide to keep it shinny.

I was going to do it. But the repair would take up to a week. I cannot imagine driving with my spare for that long.

So I just say f$ck, it ignore it.

Tony