Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
bwzabodyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!

After over 3 1/2 months of agony, I finally received my wheels last night - I took some pics last night, but nothing turned out - so over my lunch hour today, I went and took some quick snapshots and uploads everything for people to see (so I won't have 18 replies that say "this thread is useless without pics!")

Wheel/Tire Specs:

Front
19x9.5 Mercury Silver Volk SF-Winnings +29
255/35/19 BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW2s

Rear
19x10.5 Mercury Silver Volk SF-Winnings +29
285/35/19 BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW2s

My Impressions:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

These things are amazing! The quality and detail of these wheels is really impressive - I really felt like I got a bargain when I opened the boxes and saw them in person for the first time. The mercury silver color is beautiful and is the perfect contrast to the shiny polished lips. The tires were also very impressive looking - both in their sheer size/width and their aggressive appearance; when compared to a stock rear wheel, these look gargantuan!

After mounting the wheels/tires, I finally knew what everyone meant when they said custom wheels change the look of this car - I have done a few body mods in the last month, but nothing could compare to the visually impact the wheels give off - they fill the wheel wells PERFECTLY and have the perfect amount of stagger front to rear, imo... I absolutely love the way the car looks now - it really completes the look I was going for...

As everyone knows, I kinda took a gamble on this setup because no one previously had been running these particular offsets/wheel & tires sizes - first off, to get it out of the way - there is absolutely ZERO rubbing with a little over a 1" drop (Hotchkis springs) on either the front or the rear... the camber on the rears is already corrected (-1.6 deg), and there is no rubbing with an extremely wide 285/35 tire and the tire is perfectly flush with the rear fender line - so all the homework I did actually worked out... on the fronts, where I was least sure, everything also fit like a glove - even though I don't have brembos I really think these wheels would clear (even though others have said the opposite) - there is around an extra inch of clearance available between the spokes and the OEM caliper. I will be upgrading to Wilwoods in the fall/winter, so I guess we'll see then... There doesn't seem like there is much room left between the control arm and the tire, so I think that a 255/35 is about as wide as you can go in the front on this setup...

So all in all, I am an EXTREMELY happy camper, and the wait was well worth it looking back (but I'd never do it again!) - it's the best feeling in the world to be able to look out my office window and see my car in the parking lot with these bad-a$$ wheels on it! (If only it wasn't getting f@#$ing rained on!)

Now on to the pics!
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-box1.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-box2.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-floor.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-side.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-front-side.jpg  

Old 03-16-2005, 11:03 AM
bwzabodyn

More pics (only lets you post 5 at a time)

btw, the lip sizes are 2.75" front and 3.35" rear (ie "fat" and "fatter")
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-rear.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-rear-side.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-rear-lip.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-front-lip.jpg   FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-street-pic.jpg  

Old 03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
desiZ

dave u stole the word out my mouth... yup.. BEYUTIPHUL !!!!
awesome... this is exactly what i wanted ... sigh ....
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Road Warrior

oh man, one of my favorite wheels....i love those rims.....very nice
Old 03-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Chris@DTD

Those look good!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:52 AM
bwzabodyn

Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments! It makes me not regret waiting so long for them...

and for the G35 guys:
I posted a thread a while back showing my body mods (namely, Nismo bumper) and everyone said that the grille gap was imperect - well, I adjusted the grille and it fits perfectly now, so I figured I'd post a pic of that...
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!-new-nismo.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Lerxst

Nice setup! If I only had the spare $$$$
Old 03-16-2005, 12:58 PM
bwzabodyn

Speaking of $$$ - $3,100 shipped to my door with lugs and locks (cash discount )
Old 03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
GQ 350z

Holy hot sauce batman!

I'd love to hear a review of your tires. I'm going the same route rim wise but more agressive offsets. They really set your car off...to be honest I've been waiting for your post ahah

I right clicked --> Save As'd some of them.

Thanks bro--could you pm me the vendor you got them from? I have recieved a similar quote.

Ravi
Old 03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Sexy...Nice phat lip The car is looking good.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:49 PM
synth19

I think it looks very classy! Nice job!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:04 PM
desiZ

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
Holy hot sauce batman!

I'd love to hear a review of your tires. I'm going the same route rim wise but more agressive offsets. They really set your car off...to be honest I've been waiting for your post ahah

I right clicked --> Save As'd some of them.

Thanks bro--could you pm me the vendor you got them from? I have recieved a similar quote.

Ravi
hey ravi... any reason why u want to switch to volks considering your adr's look almost the same... is it only cause they're volks or something else ? ...
Old 03-16-2005, 04:08 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Looks sweet man, your G is clean as hell.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
GQ 350z

Warren:

I love my ADR's, but I want huge lip and of course the forged quality (not to mention the VOLK name). I'm also going with a lighter scheme with Mercury Silver (considering the m sports are hyperblack). With my super agressive offsets and the DB color it should be a real standout. Hope this explains? It's hard for me to justify it..especially b/c of the minor differences.

I'm sorry to go offtopic--kudos again to bwzabodyn with the hot hOT HOT car!

ravi
Old 03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Renesis

Can you PM me the vendor that you bought from as well??
I am kinda interested/
Old 03-16-2005, 05:01 PM
desiZ

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
Warren:

I love my ADR's, but I want huge lip and of course the forged quality (not to mention the VOLK name). I'm also going with a lighter scheme with Mercury Silver (considering the m sports are hyperblack). With my super agressive offsets and the DB color it should be a real standout. Hope this explains? It's hard for me to justify it..especially b/c of the minor differences.

I'm sorry to go offtopic--kudos again to bwzabodyn with the hot hOT HOT car!

ravi
thanks... i only asked cause i'm torn between the two... 1000$ difference.. :P but i guess the volks will have a better resale if i ever have to sell em...
Old 03-16-2005, 06:36 PM
nd2spd

Looks realy nice...I actually waited close to 6 months for my LE's.....trust me I know the feeling. Enjoy your new wheels.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
SickG35

Looks very sharp. Just prepare yourself with adequate time to wash the wheels. I had the same set before and they are a pain to wash it. Other than that, it's one of the best looking wheels out there.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Mike552

Beautiful ride, man, oh SO euro. I love it.
I'd love to see those on my DP coupe.

Signed,

Jealous in Boston.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!! SF-Winnings w/ BFG KDW2's mounted!!!