Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Question on Micheline Pilot Sport Cup tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Supertouring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Micheline Pilot Sport Cup tires

Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you guys have Micheline Pilot Sport Cup tires?. I know someone the has a set on his car but I have not seen him much this year to ask him about the tires. If any of you guys have these tire, How do you like them, do they wear quick, are they noisy, do they handle like Micheline says, or did I just waist my money.

Thanks
Jose
Old 03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
JoHonda

This will be an apples to oranges comparison, but I have a set of MPSCups for my S2000, which has H&R springs and Koni adjustable dampers. Bought the tires for track days and naturally saw a big difference over street tires on the track. However, last weekend I tracked a Miata Spec, fully race prepped with new Toyo Proxes. OMG. The tires didn't make the Miata fast on the straights , but they moved the braking zones so far into the corners it made for a totally new experience on a familiar track. Grip was phenomenal, way beyond what the Cups did for the Honda. Maybe some of that is the car, but for the money, Proxes are hot, man. Get those next time, you'll go thru the Cups soon enough!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
koolyce

I did a lot of research this morning for tire and one thing I can tell you for sure is, you pay way TOO MUCH for those tire. You can find better in toyo, yokohama or pirelli.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Supertouring

Toyos I had, great in the rain, I was not that happy on the dry road. Now I'm limited to tire sizes because of my 19 inch wheels. I'm also thinking of going to an 18 inch wheel and tire because there is more of a selection. I mean those 19's look unbelievable on the car, but I'm limite to tires. My favorite tires were Yokohamas I liked those in all weather, but no 19 inch tire. I'm just affraid that I just waisted my money. The way I look at it is Micheline has been around longer than these other tires and they know what it's all about, especially in the racing world. Well i guess I'll have to deal with them now.