Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Volk Racing TE-37

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 02:22 AM
j a y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for me, pre-order is a 25% deposit, and they weigh the same as all the other regular te37's. as for the gt-c's, the face 2 is indeed a concave center. the pics you were looking at were most likely just copied and were the same pic. hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:53 AM
j a y

also, to give you a better idea of the difference between face 1 and 2...here are two pics for compare/contrast:

face 1:

face 2:

note how face 2 "caves in." hope that helps
Old 12-07-2002, 05:14 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nwind21
If you do pre-order, how are you handling it? full payment? % deposit of total cost?

I'm interested, but honestly can't fork all that cash till next year cause of all the end of year expenses.

Also how would these look with Le Mans? Opinions? I was leaning more toward gun-metal since it's a darker color... but these look fantastic.
I would go with Mercury Silver, if you can get it, otherwise I would go with plain ol' Silver-

By the way, I got mine for $2465 shipped. Offsets were +22 front and back for 19x8.5,9.5.

Last edited by Traffic; 12-07-2002 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:38 AM
Driven

Thanks Jay,
Now I understand why I had a hard time distinguishing a difference...but after studying your picx and the shadows...I get it.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:44 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by nwind21
If you do pre-order, how are you handling it? full payment? % deposit of total cost?

I'm interested, but honestly can't fork all that cash till next year cause of all the end of year expenses.

Also how would these look with Le Mans? Opinions? I was leaning more toward gun-metal since it's a darker color... but these look fantastic.
Recently, our policy has been 100% deposit, because once we order the wheels, they are shipped to the customer, not to us. We also have had plenty of people back out on orders in the past, which leaves us in a tough position. We will probably work something out, where the larger percentage of a downpayment you make, the larger your discount on the wheels.

And I also want to make a clarification. We are one of Mackin's largest dealers, and you can verify that on their website (www.mackinindustries.com). I have received several price matches from customers who are getting quotes on wheels from grey market importers. My prices are still lower, but most importantly, our customers know we are legit, and we have responsibilities to take care of any unforeseen issues that may arise. I think Skidazzle can attest to the amount of effort that our shop puts into making sure our customers are satisfied with every purchase.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:22 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

i I think Skidazzle can attest to the amount of effort that our shop puts into making sure our customers are satisfied with every purchase.
yeah, jeremy lets me walk all over him.
i will save the boring details, but will tell you that he will go out of his way to get things done.

can you believe he let me have a set of wheels he originally ordered for himself, cause mine wont come in for another month or two? i now will have my set this week. just in time for the body kit.

m
Old 12-07-2002, 07:24 AM
Stone Z

Question

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
yeah, jeremy lets me walk all over him.
i will save the boring details, but will tell you that he will go out of his way to get things done.

can you believe he let me have a set of wheels he originally ordered for himself, cause mine wont come in for another month or two? i now will have my set this week. just in time for the body kit.

m
What color Volks did you end up getting....I forgot.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:06 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
What color Volks did you end up getting....I forgot.
merc silver gt-c.

i originally wanted regular silver TE-37, but the whole set wont be in until end of january at the earliest. jeremy let me swap to the gt-c's you see in the above link. he can easily find another buyer for the TE's.

also, TE is an old design (BUT VERY CLASSIC!!!). i really dont need another set of "racing" rims, as my stock track rims will be fitted with R compound tires for racing. also, there are too many knock off TE's on hondas right now. i wanted something a little more rare, and a little newer design. also, combined with the merc silver color, it is a gorgeous rim. this in combination with the fact i hate to wait for things.. persuaded me to swap.

BUT... i do have a claim on the first merc silver TE-37s that jeremy gets. once i see real pics, i will make up my mind if i will buy those and sell the GT-Cs, or just keep the GT-Cs.. this wont be for another 4-5 months though

m
Old 12-07-2002, 08:19 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default needs pics

Can someone post 2 pics comparing the mec silver vs the regular silver in the TE37's or if it is easier, tell me the website that has pics of boths?

Also, if you are getting TE37's mounted on your car, can you post the pics. that would be great!

thanks
Old 12-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Monkey Man

The regular silver color is the same color as the Rays wheels which come on the Track model. This is what I was told this week by Mackin. They said that Rays only has one regular silver color, all the other shades have different names (spark silver and mercury silver, titanium silver, and chrome silver).
Old 12-07-2002, 10:22 AM
^Tyr

you wouldnt be able to give us aplace to go to find a color listing or maybe scan a sheet they gave to you with color options or anyting could you? i realize they do any custom color you want.. but i'd like to see some of the more common choices like titanium silver, the blues they offer and what thier black finish looks like (is it shiny like the blue?)

anything you can dig up for us on this stuff?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Is it me or does the Mecury Silver looks almost like Chrome???

??
Old 12-09-2002, 11:36 AM
Driven

Not in my opinion....the Mercury silver doesn't have the reflective qualities of chrome (paint never will...high polish, maybe) and has a somewhat irrodescent bluish quality. IMO.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:35 PM
McDan

So are the TE's also made in a titanium silver, in addition to regular silver and the new mercury silver? If so, does anyone have pictures of titanium silver? The G35 Coupe wheels have a slight tint to them (I think called titanium) that I absolutely love. If so, are the titanium silver TE's gonna be cheaper in 18's than the new mercury color TE's. Thanks.

Dan
Old 12-09-2002, 04:36 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by VQracer
Ehhh no, NISMO wheels are made by RAYS Engineering not Volk Racing.
thanks... i guess i would care more if i didnt have 2 sets of wheels from RAYS on order..

do you make sure everyone's posts are correct? you know what i meant... both volk racing wheels and the nismo wheels are made by RAYS.

thanks for the insigificant point, the world can continue to turn...