Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Wheelsnext.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 11:06 AM
AndyS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheelsnext.com

I'm looking to order a wheel/tire package with 18" ADR M-Sport wheels in Hypersilver w/ Hankook Ventus tires from wheelsnext. Wheels are 18x8.5 front, 35mm offset and 18x9.5 rear, 35 mm offset. Tires are 245/40/R18 front and 275/35/R18 rear. Price is $1499 including shipping. Is this the correct size rear tire? I have read some people have a 40 rear tire, what should I get? Has anyone ordered from wheelsnext, if so, your thoughts on their service?
Old 09-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

those will work fine but the offsets are terrible. the wheels are going to look tucked into the body instead of the flush look with the fenders.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyS
I'm looking to order a wheel/tire package with 18" ADR M-Sport wheels in Hypersilver w/ Hankook Ventus tires from wheelsnext. Wheels are 18x8.5 front, 35mm offset and 18x9.5 rear, 35 mm offset. Tires are 245/40/R18 front and 275/35/R18 rear. Price is $1499 including shipping. Is this the correct size rear tire? I have read some people have a 40 rear tire, what should I get? Has anyone ordered from wheelsnext, if so, your thoughts on their service?
First off DO NOT ORDER FROM WHEELS NEXT! My GF just ordered wheels and they were wrong, the offsets were wrong, they lied about what finish she was getting(she asked for gloss black, they sent flat), they didnt send lugnuts, and they still tried to charge her the $100 restocking fee for sending their $hit back, I had to call them b1tch the idiot out who tried to act smart but was very unnkowledgable concerning offsets, it was a headache. I HIGHLY suggest you find a reputable vendor that could get you those, and you not do business with these people.

As far as tire sizes go, look up the tire size calculator, and you decide if you want an exact match or if you want to go lightly smaller or larger diamater. I have 285/35 and that looks good to me, so I dont know what the 275/35 would look like. Not much help here, but please listen when I tell you DO NOT do business with these people.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:35 PM
AndyS

Originally Posted by Alberto
First off DO NOT ORDER FROM WHEELS NEXT! My GF just ordered wheels and they were wrong, the offsets were wrong, they lied about what finish she was getting(she asked for gloss black, they sent flat), they didnt send lugnuts, and they still tried to charge her the $100 restocking fee for sending their $hit back, I had to call them b1tch the idiot out who tried to act smart but was very unnkowledgable concerning offsets, it was a headache. I HIGHLY suggest you find a reputable vendor that could get you those, and you not do business with these people.

As far as tire sizes go, look up the tire size calculator, and you decide if you want an exact match or if you want to go lightly smaller or larger diamater. I have 285/35 and that looks good to me, so I dont know what the 275/35 would look like. Not much help here, but please listen when I tell you DO NOT do business with these people.

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone else know where I can order these from?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:10 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry...can't help you with finding another place to order them from, but I have the exact setup you are looking at buying but I'm running 40 series tires all around. it doesn't look too tucked to me, although I only have a slight drop. I went with 40 series tires b/c I wanted a larger sidewall (I've run 35 series tires on other car/rims and I ended up with some curb rash and dings on the rims). also I wanted to fill out that large wheel well space as I've seen some folks running 18" rims w/35 series tires and they don't look right to me...idunno. but heres a pic of my setup. good luck!

Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM
AndyS

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
sorry...can't help you with finding another place to order them from, but I have the exact setup you are looking at buying but I'm running 40 series tires all around. it doesn't look too tucked to me, although I only have a slight drop. I went with 40 series tires b/c I wanted a larger sidewall (I've run 35 series tires on other car/rims and I ended up with some curb rash and dings on the rims). also I wanted to fill out that large wheel well space as I've seen some folks running 18" rims w/35 series tires and they don't look right to me...idunno. but heres a pic of my setup. good luck!

Thanks for the pic, I think 40 series tire's are the way to go. I agree, they don't look too tucked to me either. Nice car, nice wheels.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:37 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no prob...also if you get a chance you might want to change out your pads to something low dust like hawk hps and also put a good wheel protectant like wheel wax on the face and interior of your rims prior to mounting them. spoke rims are kind of a b!tch to clean, especially w/ all the brake dust that comes off the front stock pads. oh and one more tip, get a decent set of lugs and locks that utilize a smaller diameter (maybe some spline type). the stock lugs will fit, but you'll probably end up scratching up the mounting holes on your rims (even if you wrap your lug wrench w/eletrical tape) and messing up the finish. good luck!
Old 09-30-2005, 02:36 AM
wayneside

for the wheel sizes...you can use the sizes they recommended...on my volk GT-7s I am using Dunlop Direzza 245/35/18 and 275/35/18...good luck finding a good place to get the wheels at...i would try to find someone local to you so you can deal with them right there...
Old 09-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto

Hahaha I love that gas price thing in your sig.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:47 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yea I have heard bad things about wheelsnext too, enough so that I wouldn't buy from them either.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:31 AM
AndyS

Oh, wheelsnext also said it would be $200 extra to have 40 series tires in the rear. Not ordering from them but I need to find a place to order these wheels.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyS
Oh, wheelsnext also said it would be $200 extra to have 40 series tires in the rear. Not ordering from them but I need to find a place to order these wheels.
PM BriGuyMax - iirc he used to have these wheels he can tell you where to buy them....
Old 10-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Loic

Default ADR M-Sport Discountinued?

AndyS, I've been looking for the same rims setup for few weeks now and it seems that ADR discountinued the M-sport. I called lots of shops (including wheel next) and nobody had the 18*9.5!
Let me know if you have any luck finding those.

LOIC
Old 07-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Bananax

I wish I had read this earlier. I'm having hard time with Wheelsnext.com.
It took 23 days to receive my wheels and wrong sized tires. It's going to take at least ten days more to send them back and receive right ones.
Also, there were hidden charges. I ended up paying $110 more.